Same menu B2B cruises

Jen&Joe

We were recently on B2B cruises on the Westerdam and the Veendam. We were kind of surprised to see that the menu was exactly the same in the dining room. Absolutely no variations.

Does anyone know how HAL's menu cycles?

Can't say for sure but I don't think it changes very often. I just took a cruise in Oct.07 with HAL but hadn't been on one of their ships before that since Apr.06. When I used to cruise with them often (about every six months) I was surprised at how the food was pretty much the same from the cruise prior. One thing I noticed however is how the desserts used to be so much better then they are now IMO.

We were recently on B2B cruises on the Westerdam and the Veendam. We were kind of surprised to see that the menu was exactly the same in the dining room. Absolutely no variations.

Does anyone know how HAL's menu cycles?

Your b2b really was just 2 7 day cruises, though to you it was a 14 dayer. On 7 day cruises things are pretty much the same week in and week out because they are geared to new people each week. It is fun though to stay on while everyone else is going home. :)

Yes, you do generally get the same menu on both legs of a B2B. To get different menus you need to take longer cruises that are not two stuck together. However it IS nice to watch the rest of the passengers getting off while you still have another cruise!

Except we did get off. 7 days on the Westerdam and 7 days on the Veendam. The menu was the same on both ships.

Menus are almost the same on all Hal ships for 7 and 10 day cruises. Sometimes there is a slight variation like dover sole. It is offered on 1 but not on the other. One ship will have a dessert that another ship does not. Other than that, the menus will be the same.

We do a lot of b2b's and have run into this situation many times. It is just something you deal with. On an extended cruise over 14 days they do get a bit more creative with the menu. But not a whole lot.

I agree the dessert are very disappointing now, they look wonderful but they all seem to taste the same

Hi,

I seems to me , who will cruise HAL for the first time next April that all the ships have a universal menu, fleetwise, no matter what the line is.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post the current 10 day cruise menus if they have them.

Thanks

synet165:)

Archived