Statendam and sun princess

Melb06

Hey anyone going to see the sun and statendam depart port melb today. as i well be there clicking away with ma camera.

Saw the Sun Princess pass the Statendam from the deckcam this morning. Will post a short vid to youtube tonight.

Cheers

Geoff

Will the Statendam be berthed at Portside on the 18th?

Do you know what time she's arriving and departing?

I'll have the whole day off so will have to pop down and sus her out :D

Minxy

The Statendam is scheduled to have some re-fit and maintenance work carried out in the Cairncross Drydock, so she'll be in Brisbane for about a week before departing at midnight on the 18th Dec. Should be able to get some good pics of her in dock, from similar vantage points to those where people were able to get the shots of the Sun Princess. At just under 56.000 tons, she is smaller than the Sun Princess, so should have no trouble berthing at your second home, Portside.

Hi Sarah,

Will the Statendam be berthed at Portside on the 18th?

Do you know what time she's arriving and departing?

I'll have the whole day off so will have to pop down and sus her out :D

Hi Jo,

To tell you the truth, I really don't know :( . She is only 219 metres long, so I don't see why she wont be berthed at Portside. She will be coming out of dry dock apparently but I am not sure what time. We are still waiting for more instructions from Ian. I've got the whole day off too, but Anthony has to go back to work because of a grumpy boss :mad:

Yep, Statendam can come up to Portside. She did last year.

On this visit to Brisbane, she arrives on Dec 11 (from Auckland and Sydney - we nearly booked to go on this cruise) and goes into drydock at Carincross until the 18th, when she sails for Sydney & Auckland.

Yep, Statendam can come up to Portside. She did last year.

On this visit to Brisbane, she arrives on Dec 11 (from Auckland and Sydney - we nearly booked to go on this cruise) and goes into drydock at Carincross until the 18th, when she sails for Sydney & Auckland.

Oops... Should have said Statendam arrives in Brisbane on the December 4th. She's in today. At 4pm she moves from Portside to Cairncross.

Saw her & thye Sun on Friday in Melb.

We leave on the Statendam on the 18th of Dec for aN 18 NT Christmas NY Cruise & then again on the 1st of March AKL to Osaka 25 nts.

Love this ship as we have only been on 2 other cruises & both have been Statendam to NZ & this year to Hong Kong ex Syd.

Great Ship

I wonder what they do to her during the dry dock??

Anyone know the schdule there...I spoke to some crew in Melb last Friday but they did not know.

Do they send all the staff home for leave I wonder

Regards

Noel & Pat

Caroline Springs Melb

I wonder what they do to her during the dry dock??

Regards

Noel & Pat

Caroline Springs Melb

I'm not sure what they are doing to her while she's in dry dock, but I am really looking forward to the 18th as my DH and I have been invited onboard her for lunch with our T/A!! Unfortunately, we aren't able to take any photos though, so will just have to live with the memories. :)

Sarah

I'm not sure what they are doing to her while she's in dry dock, but I am really looking forward to the 18th as my DH and I have been invited onboard her for lunch with our T/A!! Unfortunately, we aren't able to take any photos though, so will just have to live with the memories. :)

Sarah

The no photo thing must be a new thing. My (sort of) MIL had lunch on Statendam in Auckland with her T/A last year and was allowed to take photo's - we've seen them.

I've been on Sun Princess, and on Statendam's sister, Maasdam, and think the Sun Princess has a better deck plan.

That said, HAL's standard cabins are a bit larger than Princess' standard cabins.

Opinions of course are very subjective, but I do think Princess has a better variety of itineraries than Holland America.

The no photo thing must be a new thing. My (sort of) MIL had lunch on Statendam in Auckland with her T/A last year and was allowed to take photo's - we've seen them.

I think it may be because she will have undergone her refit and they don't want any sneak pic photos taken before passengers board?? Just an idea.

Anyway, it wont be an issue now, because we found out today that our tour has been cancelled. In MsMinx's words - BOO HISS!! :mad:

Archived