BA - Iguazu flight delays?

BPCooper

I have read here in the past that delays in the flight between BA and Igauzu is often delayed by several hours. Today I read elsewhere, according two a couple of people particularly, that this is namely so for Aerolineas Argentinas/Austral Airlines (same company now) and that they even cancel flights sometimes (possible due to a strike once, but it got my attention).

Has anyone here had experience? We are scheduled to return from the falls to BA on a 230-4pm flight, and our flight home to Miami is the same night from BA at 11pm.

I see the LAN flies that BA-Igauzu route as well, and we are taking LAN for all the other flights on our upcoming trip.

Thanks for the help. -Ben

In 2005 we went to Iguassu on an add-on from the cruise line. The Aerolineas Argentina flight was about 6 hours late in leaving. Our group was given lunch at the airport as our meals were included. Needless to say we were quite upset and asked for a later flight back to BA.

It seems to me that this is a fairly common occurrence, I wouldn't miss going to Iguassu Falls but would try to lessen some time constraints. I did not have any experience with LAN but my friend raves about them.

Fran

As a frequent SA business travel, intra SA flights are OFTEN delayed, any place, any time. I stick with LAN because they keep to the schedule closer than most.

Aerolineas Argentina and TAM flights are notoriously delayed/canceled, so what you heard is true. Try to change your flight to LAN. I truly believe you will have better luck.

Just returned from SA yesterday and used LAN almost exclusively incl. our initial flight from LA. Took 5 segments with them incl. BA to Igauzu Falls and never more than 5 min. off. Service was great. I would definitely recommend them. You will enjoy the falls especially when there is a lot of water. Take a Zodiac tour under the falls but wear a swim suit.

Thank you for your advice. I've gone ahead and booked LAN. Since we are staying one night at the falls and the day we return is also the day we fly back (land back in BA 3-4pm, depart BA for USA 11pm) I think this is the best idea. Especially since my home flight is also LAN.

Thanks guys.

• 6 months later...

As a post script, when we did go I can attest that the LAN flights were right on time. I closely watched the aerolineas flights as they were at nearby gates around the same time. The flight to the falls went on time also. The flight back was delayed as of the time we were taking off. I don't know when it finally did leave.

Flew Aerolinas BA to Iguazu and back. No problema. Pilot gave us a sightseeing tour of the falls when leaving Iguazu. Sit on left side of plane. At any rate, just to play it safe, no matter what airline one flies, it is better to stay over one night in BA before the cruise or the flight home.

• 1 month later...

Archived