Red Tide & Port Canaveral

geocruiser

Looks like we are finally in the clear - warmer weather and Red tide gone for awhile - had a few cruisers call me at the shop concern that they were coming down with "something", but as I told them - I can not make their choice if to go to the hospital etc but I did tell them if they had a concern, to go to the Health First located there in Cocoa Beach - better safe than sorry.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Always

Shirley

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I heard on the morning report the winds will be favorable for its possible return. I hope not!

Preston I heard the same stuff and thought OMG not again, BUT just maybe we will be lucky this time and it will miss us. :-)

Are you packed yet?

your buddy

Shirley

Preston I heard the same stuff and thought OMG not again, BUT just maybe we will be lucky this time and it will miss us. :-)

Are you packed yet?

your buddy

Shirley

Shirley I have been throwing things in a pile for a week. I will do it Saturday. Have fun while I am gone!

Preston

Is it safe to say that Red Tide be gone by Feb?

Kathy,

I pray so and yes I really believe it will be. I do know that folks are having to go as far away as Patrick Air Force base to be able to go into the water for the moment and we do have some very upset folks that do know not about the red tide and how to deal with it effects.

Always

Shirley

I forgot to say where we were sailing out of. We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on Jan 6th. Should we stay somewhere inland rather than cocoa beach on the night prior to the cruise because of red tide? I had never heard of red tide before so I don't know what to expect other than what I've read here.

thanks

I forgot to say where we were sailing out of. We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on Jan 6th. Should we stay somewhere inland rather than cocoa beach on the night prior to the cruise because of red tide? I had never heard of red tide before so I don't know what to expect other than what I've read here.

thanks

Red Tide is a bloom that is very deadly to sea life. The way it could cause a problem for a human is if they have alergies, breathing problems etc. I has been great the past few days and with the cold front coming in, I really believe you will be fine, but the final choice has to be up to you.

always

Shirley

Don't let Shirley kid you she will never get older. I have been back in town since Sunday and have not noticed a thing. Its in the 30's this morning and very windy. We hope it is gone. By the way not to worry mid 70's by the weekend.

Geocruiser: My son lives and works in Indian Harbor Beach and he is very sick from the Red Tide. Went to a walk in clinic there and they told him he had the flu, go home & take Tylenol. The next day he went to a different clinic and the Dr. there told him he had a serious sinus infection and put him on heavy duty antibiotics. He is really suffering from it. He lives right on the beach.

Don't let Shirley kid you she will never get older. I have been back in town since Sunday and have not noticed a thing. Its in the 30's this morning and very windy. We hope it is gone. By the way not to worry mid 70's by the weekend.

Preston that is the young blood running through your vein buddy - I have lived here now 44 years and one month and until this time around, it never ever bothered me - hey thanks for the compliment. It was very sweet of ya.

It appears to be warming up some THANK GOODNESS or maybe is cause the wind isn't as bad as it was this morning OOPS I forgot to mention the sprinkle of rain to add to the misery, but we are looking at a great weekend.

chat with ya later.

always

Shirley

• 1 month later...

Archived