Different Back-to-Back Question

tpooleinjax

I have read most of the back-to-back threads and have not come upon my situation yet. I am getting ready to book the Sovereign for a 3 & 4 day back to back. I will be traveling with my husband for the 4 day portion and a group of girlfriends for the 3 day portion as a birthday present.

I have heard that when you do a back to back, some cruisers have been able to stay on board while others have had to disembark and then were allowed right back on. Since I am traveling with 2 different cabinmates, does it make a difference? Will I have to disembark completely with luggage and then reembark later with everyone else?

Hope this makes sense and I hope someone out there has an answer or at least some advice.

Thanks

yes and no, Yes, you always have to get completely off, you are walked thru customs and to get your new seapass card though, so it didnt take very long.

No, you dont have to take your luggage with you. I did the Sovereign and we had to change cabins and they took the suitcases and put them in the room behind the desk and we just asked for them later when we got back on the ship.

We had to meet at 9 am, which was much earlier than I expected. I planned on sleeping in. Its was some time past 9:30 when they walked us back thru to get our new cards and all. You dont have to walk all the way out like you are reboarding from scratch.

If you have the same cabin you do not need to pack (just your roommate who is leaving. You will get a letter telling you what to do. Just make sure to go to the Purser's office after you board the first time and tell them you are B2B.

The purser's office will know, and send you a letter the day before the end of the cruise. I believe the reason you have to get off is because when returning to the US you have to go through immigration and customs at the first port entered. On our S.A. cruise there were people who had boarded at Valparaiso and stayed on for the Buenos Aires to Manaus leg...Since embarkation was done at a facility across town from the port, I don't think they had to get off. I did a B2B on Elation from Port Canaveral and they waited until everyone else was off before they walked me through the formalities. EM

yes and no, Yes, you always have to get completely off, you are walked thru customs and to get your new seapass card though, so it didnt take very long..

Actually you have to go through immigration. You go through customs with your luggage at the end of the B2B.

No, you dont have to take your luggage with you. I did the Sovereign and we had to change cabins and they took the suitcases and put them in the room behind the desk and we just asked for them later when we got back on the ship..

We have done Princess B2B and even when we change cabins, we packed our drawers into the suitcases and crew arrived with a trolley to move the hanging clothes. So we ended moving from our old cabin to the new cabin. In the cases where we had the same cabin, we just stayed put.... reporting for the immigration meeting at the time and place appointed.

We had to meet at 9 am, which was much earlier than I expected. I planned on sleeping in. Its was some time past 9:30 when they walked us back thru to get our new cards and all. You dont have to walk all the way out like you are reboarding from scratch.
Our meetings for immigration were later and occurred after all the passengers had departed and before the next cruise passengers boarded. Our new cards were delivered to our stateroom.

Archived