The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Please add myself and my partner Derek and Dereks' mom, Ilse to the group. We too are joing in Istanbul. Haven't been there for years, but love the Grand Bazaar. Probably stay at 4 Season a couple of days before cruise.

Martita, I never thought I would get to meet you. I never though you could be pried from the Pride. (pried & Pride, nifty huh?)

Howard

Howard,

Grrrreat to hear you, Derek and his Mother will be on the Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic ~~sooo many seasoned Seabournite's will all be together! Fun, huh? I'm sure this Crossing is close to a full boat!

As to my being "pried from the Pride," I'll just be following some of my favorite Sailor Officer's, and staff to the Odyssey. I am guessing the power's will staff the new '09 vessel with Officer's from all three "Sister Triplet's."

Has anyone heard the unconfirmed rumor that the Pride may be going to Asia and the Spirit coming to join the Legend?

Have a grrrreat and safe week!:p

Martita B.

Keith,

Just a short note to let you know how important "Cruise Critic" has become. On my recent Celebrity B2B we had 87 CCers on first leg and 157 on 2nd leg. Can you believe it? I really wished we were on Seabourn but all you trans-ats book so early, hardly a chanc to get res.

Happy Holidays to all,

Howard

• 3 weeks later...

Sailor's,

Should we start an "Odyssey, Oct. 2009 TA Crossing" rollcall?

Since I last posted several friends of mine booked the OdysseyTA. ~~they are not CCer's. I wonder if the voyage has sold out yet.

Talk about a huge "Seabourn Reunion!" Guests from all three 'lit Sister's will join together for the Crossing ~~~ I'm thinking most of us will be arriving in Malaga a few days before the TA Crossing.

We've found a small boutique hotel overlooking the harbor and will probably book this hotel ~~

Let's plan to have a CC cocktail party during the Crossing ~~~wouldn't it be fun to finally match "faces with names?":D

Martita B.

Martha a rollcall is a wonderful idea and it will be amazing to see how many from cruise critic will be on this sailing. From the initial posts many are doing this sailing and several are doing this sailing plus the one before. We are very excited about this sailing.

Keith

Keith

Why don't you be our official "Roll Call" Odyssey TA 2009 Crossing leader!:p You be the Pied Piper of the group!:D

I'll find out more about our new Odyssey aboard the Legend with Miss Pam ~~~she is doing an amazing job at the helm of the new ships!

Happy Sails and Trails to you and Miss AM!

Martita B.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Martita and others doing this T/A and arriving at least one day early, I've done some preliminary research as to hotels, and, if booking today, we would select Molina Lario, centrally located, with excellent "trip advisor" reviews. Rates at the end of October, '08 appear to be in the 115 euro range.

Sounds like an excellent hotel ~~I also checked the hotel on Trip Advisor and it's centrally located and close to the cruise port.

I have a good friend, GP, that will be in Malaga in April and she'll be checking out a few hotels while she's there.

Have a good week!:p

MB

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I checked out the molina lario, and it appears to be a lovely central hotel. When I went to their website to look at booking details, I was informed that rooms were not available from the 26,27 or 28 to the 31 of Oct./09. Would they be booked that far in advance, or possibly don't book that far in advance?

• 1 month later...
they probably dont take online bookings over 12 months........

Or it's a 3 day holiday in Spain for All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day.

May I ask how wheelchair friendly SB is crew and passenger-wise? Hey, I do understand ship demographics. I'm trying to put together a retirement cruise for my husband and Istanbul to FLL he would love. He's a reasonably active 62, or will be next Fall, and I'm the fulltime wheelchair user who will be 50. We're both history buffs; love cruising; hate abandoning our retreiver for 28 days; really love wonderful food and balconies. And while I have to push him to go we're both great at trivia.

Anything a wheeler needs to know up front? Like does SB require a doctor's order stating you can't walk? Yea, our TA is doing the footwork but once we're ok with ship and flights..it's a lot of research to have so much fun. Few things beat sledge rides on Madiera but I try. And he gets to visit Malta and Crete....two of the few places he missed traveling for Uncle Sam.

Whether we do this one or another enjoy your cruises. Cruise Critic rocks.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Odyssey Oct. 31st Crossing Sailor's,

JB and I will be boarding the Spirit in Rome on Oct. 24th ~~we'll

cruise down the Spanish Coast to Malaga and disembark on Oct. 30th. We are staying at the 'lit Don Curro Hotel in Old Town along with other TA Crossing Sailor's.

I think the Molina Lario Hotel would be a great place to meet (courtyard) for cocktails/tapas early evening on Oct. 30th. Is this O.K. with everybody? Or any other Old Town location suggestions?

I'm very excited as to this Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic Crossing!

There will be soooo many "family members" aboard!:D

Martita B.

Jane

JB and I will be "roomies" for the one night at Seabourn's hotel, The Regina Baglioni ~~we decided the cost was worth the next day's hotel to ship transfers ~~also I'm going to ask for transfers from the airport to the hotel. (we have our own air but I am fairly good at persuasion....ha ha or begging)

This 'lit 6 day cruise will be the 1st time JB and I will be on the Spirit ~~has been too far over in Asia for me to fly! Should be alot of fun ~~disembarking in Malaga Oct 30th to meet our fellow Odyssey friends/shipmates will be exciting as well.

Sorry we'll miss each other ~~I know your stay in Rome will be wonderful and your Crossing fabulous!

Martita B.

Archived