The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Martha,

Thank you very much. That is a very nice thought and really appreciated.Yes we would love to become

'honorary Texan citizens'

It might make our fellow Brits jealous !

Well thats solved what to wear.

Kind regards,

Tony

So this is where everyone is! I knew that there had to be more CC people than us on this crossing. I had been checking the "Roll Call" section periodically and had never seen a roll call for this cruise. I finally started one myself the other day--to which there has been no response. I finally decided to check the "Seabourn" general section, and here it is. I guess the Seabourn CCers don't use the roll call section for your roll calls. We signed up for this voyage as soon as we got the announcement about the new ship, actually we transferred our deposit from another cruise we had signed up for that we couldn't take because they announced the final transatlantic of the QE2 which was at the same time and we had to be on that so needed to get out of the Seabourn cruise. So we will be joining the rest of you and are looking forward to meeting a whole new group of CCers (the Seabourn contingent). We have been on two previous Seabourn Med crusies (prior to knowing about CC).

Unfortunately, we will be arriving in Malaga on the day of departure so won't be able to come to the gathering the evening before. We will see you all on the ship.

Steve and Denny

Steve & Denny

I'm sorry you will miss the pre-Crossing get together. If you arrive in Malaga too early to board the Odyssey think about coming to the Don Curro Hotel where a number of us will be staying the night of Oct. 30th ~~I'm guessing boarding time will be around 2 pm.

We'll certainly meet you during the sail-away on deck if we don't meet earlier at the hotel.

Martita B.

Received mail from two "Texas Cowgirl's" early this morning as to their joining us on the Odyssey TA Crossing ~~the count is rising!:p

Peachy, they will also fly into Malaga a couple of days before and will be staying at the Don Curo. (several Sailors, I think, will arrive Oct. 29th)

Happy weekend

MB

Martita and I are trying to find out if anyone is celebrating a birthday in September, October, or November, so we can all celebrate while on the inaugural TA on Odyssey. Since several of you start cruising in September and October and stay aboard through this inaugural TA, we decided to include all 3 months in the birthday celebration. My Mother will be celebrating her bday aboard this inaugural TA and Martita thinks someone else said they're celebrating a bday, too. Let us know!

Also, does anyone know who the cruise director will be on this voyage (perhaps they're called hosts on Odyssey?).

I think my Mother and I got one of the last cabins, so we are delighted. We'll be part of the Texans Who Cruise Seabourn bunch, and we are looking forward to meeting all of you guys who are booked.

Lonestar12

Martita and I are trying to find out if anyone is celebrating a birthday in September, October, or November, so we can all celebrate while on the inaugural TA on Odyssey. Since several of you start cruising in September and October and stay aboard through this inaugural TA, we decided to include all 3 months in the birthday celebration. My Mother will be celebrating her bday aboard this inaugural TA and Martita thinks someone else said they're celebrating a bday, too. Let us know!

Also, does anyone know who the cruise director will be on this voyage (perhaps they're called hosts on Odyssey?).

I think my Mother and I got one of the last cabins, so we are delighted. We'll be part of the Texans Who Cruise Seabourn bunch, and we are looking forward to meeting all of you guys who are booked.

Lonestar12

I wish I was joining you, as I celebrate my birthday in October! ;)

Host Dan

Dan

As there are several Sailor's celebrating birthday's, Sept. & Oct, we are thinking of having an informal/type cocktail party in the Observation Lounge one evening. We'll be happy to raise our flutes in honor of your special day as well ~~ :D

If anyone knows of a Crossing Sailor having a birthday (any of the 3 months) please post as we certainly want to honor all birthdays.

Martita B.

Hi Everyone -- Jane and Jim from SC will be on -- Paul, we'd like to be on your trivia team (as usual). Would also enjoy meeting everyone for pre-cruise dinner in Malaga.

Hi Jane and Jim!

Welcome to CruiseCritic! Have a terrific crossing, as you will be amongst old and new friends!

Host Dan

Welcome Jane & Jim

Happy you will join us on the Odyssey Maiden Crossing ~~and also the pre-crossing cocktails/tapas get together.

As you'd read if you wear an orange clothing item to the Don Curro Hotel, Oct. 30th "meet and greet" we'll be able to reconize you. I've added you to the party guest list.

When do you arrive in Malaga? Some Sailor's are spending a couple of days prior to boarding Oct. 31st.

Welcome to our Seabourn board ! Looking forward to meeting you!:p

Martita B.

Hi Jane & Jim!

Yes, you both are definitely on our Trivia Team! I am trying to cobble together a team from past Legendary and Pride-ite crossers. Should be GREAT fun! After reading the posts from the Seabourn regulars on the Odyssey "stcky" thread, I feel much better about the ship and our upcoming crossing experience.

Paul,

Not to be left out, we were on your trivia team on the Spring '08 Pride crossing; we won the first half contest.

You'll remember me best as Svetlana on the last day at trivia.

Anthony, and, of course, Fran!!

This looks like the Masters of Trivia!! Have fun!

Host Dan

Any room left on your Trivia team? Denny and I are from the champion team on a previous Legend cruise.

Steve & Denny,

Yes, we always have room for champions! ;) I believe a spot will be available to you both. If the CD allows teams up to 12 then you guys are in, if it is 10 maximum, there might be a cancellation (final payments are due in a little over a week) so sit tight.

Not to be left out, we were on your trivia team on the Spring '08 Pride crossing; we won the first half contest.

Anthony & Fran,

Of course I remember you both and our "Great Expectations" team! You two were one of the first added to the list when this thread started or we had emailed each other. Things have come together quite nicely.

Where was Trivia held? What time of day, the usual 12:15? On the Triplets, 12 and even 10 was an awkward number to gather round, considering the unwieldy chairs. And on the crossings, the staff was busy brining in the white chairs from the Sky Bar.

Where was Trivia held? What time of day, the usual 12:15? On the Triplets, 12 and even 10 was an awkward number to gather round, considering the unwieldy chairs. And on the crossings, the staff was busy brining in the white chairs from the Sky Bar.

How many teams total? It's like bloodsport for bookmarks to the second power! Yikes!

Host Dan

Archived