The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Dan

As there are several Sailor's celebrating birthday's, Sept. & Oct, we are thinking of having an informal/type cocktail party in the Observation Lounge one evening. We'll be happy to raise our flutes in honor of your special day as well ~~ :D

If anyone knows of a Crossing Sailor having a birthday (any of the 3 months) please post as we certainly want to honor all birthdays.

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

I have an October birthday.

Jane

Martita,

Tom has a birthday September 19 and Deanna has a birthday September 4th. We are eagerly looking forward to meeting you and the others. As stated before, we will be embarking in Instanbul and then meeting you and others in Malaga for the crossing. Sorry we will miss the gathering at the hotel that you have arranged but look forward to the crossing. I have yet to buy my orange attire for the sail away once you board. Is that still on or has it changed only to those at the hotel? Thanks for letting us know.

Deanna

Hi Martita,

We arrive in Malaga about noon on October 29. We're staying at the Parador Gibralfaro overlooking the harbor and city. We stayed there last year before the Legend crossing and really enjoyed the serenity. It's a bit out of the way, but only a quick taxi ride to the old town. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Jim & Jane

Deanna

I have added your name and Tom's to the birthday list.

We'll miss you at the pre-crossing party but will see you aboard the Odyssey. Yes, we plan to wear orange/black at the sail-away.

Any clothing item will be great if you'd like to join the "spook group" I'm thinking many will wear their Halloween clothing that evening to dinner as it will be a casual night.

Jane & Jim

I know of 3 other Sailor's that will be staying at your hotel ~~they will be attending the party, Oct. 30th at the Don Curro, as well.

They fly into Malaga on Oct. 28th.

Happy Odyssey Crossing! (won't be long:p)

Martita B.

Thought this of interest ~~

I researched the # of ships that will be in Malaga on Oct. 31st:

MSC Opera--2,055 guests

Aurora--1,870 guests

Celebrity Zenith--1,354

Odyssey--450

Total of guests in Malaga the day we embark: 5,729

The 'lit city of Malaga will be packed! :eek:

Happy weekend!

MB

Pascal II

Hello! When do you and Fran arrive in Malaga?

Miss Gigi was inquiring about the two of you last week......she and her Mother will be aboard the Odyssey TA Crossing. They arrive in Malaga, I believe, on Oct. 28th.

Is your birthday Nov. 20?

Pinkie

Yes, Martha, it's 11/20......first time in years we will not be on a ship on my birthday; so, thanks for scheduling this party!

We will be in Marbella for a full week b/4 the cruise, a time-share exchange. We do a QM 2 crossing, and, an 8 dayer on QM 2's 5th anniversary cruise around the British Isles b/4 our week in Marbella, then the crossing.

We'll most probably get together the night before with your get-together!

Fran & Dooley

We'll look forward to seeing you at the get together the evening of Oct. 30th ~~a'round 6-6:30 pm at the Don Curro. (we have 31 attending, so far)

As there will be thousand's of passengers visiting Malaga both days of Oct. 30th & 31st.:confused: I've booked car/driver transfers. Taxi's will be far and few between. (somethin' to consider)

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

You've made a good point and we'd like to have our transportation in place.

Where can I find info on drivers? Can you recommend anyone? Thanks in advance.

Denise

I think the Malaga Port will be akin to sardines in a cam on Oct. 31st:confused: Last Oct. when I was in Malaga the pier/cruise dock was being rebuilt and was very inconvenient getting to the passenger terminal.

I booked with Marbelling Transfers ~~(you can google them)

When are you arriving in Malaga/

Martita B.

We will be arriving Oct.28 and hope to do some sightseeing.

I looked up marbelling transfers/ transpotation and all I got was info on meat marbling! Funny, since my family owns an abbotoir:)!

I've emailed a few places that I found while doing a computer search, so I'm sure someone will respond.

I'm pleased to report another couple from Eastbourne, UK just booked the Odyssey TA ~~I've been twistin' arms & legs encouraging them to book the Maiden Crossing. They're now aboard!

Looking forward to seeing and being with everyone!

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

We arrive in Malaga about noon on October 29. We're staying at the Parador Gibralfaro overlooking the harbor and city. We stayed there last year before the Legend crossing and really enjoyed the serenity. It's a bit out of the way, but only a quick taxi ride to the old town. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Jim & Jane

hi Jim And Jane !! we are Chris and jeannie also staying at the parador on the 29/30 from the UK see you there chris at follybridge dot co dot uk

Chris & Jeannie

I hope you will join us at the pre-Crossing cocktail party at the Don Curro Hotel (Old Town) on Oct. 30th around 6:30 pm.

Our party count is now 32 Odyssey Sailor's!:p It's informal (don't forget to wear an orange clothing item) and will be a "Dutch Treat" get together.

Looking forward to seeing 'old friends.....and to making new ones!:D

Martita B.

hi Jim And Jane !! we are Chris and jeannie also staying at the parador on the 29/30 from the UK see you there chris at follybridge dot co dot uk

Just a warning to you all stay away from Jeannie she is mad!!!!

Hi Jeannie & Chris, sorry I missed your phone call, hope that your Dad is doing OK, please let us know how the transatlantic on Odyssey goes!!! We will join Legend the same day you join Odyssey. Brian has just surprised me with a Birthday cruise on legend in September so we do not have to wait too long for our next "fix".

Kathryn

Kathryn,

Are you warning us that Jeannie is NUTS ? Really CRAZY ?

Ohhhh how divine ~~what fabulous news!

Do you think she will be a good candidate for "Scalawag?" I surely could use a few more members......for the larger ship, 'ya know!:confused:

Thanks for the good news!

Martita B.

Post Script: we are going to miss you

on our Crossing!!

Kathryn,

Are you warning us that Jeannie is NUTS ? Really CRAZY ?

Ohhhh how divine ~~what fabulous news!

Do you think she will be a good candidate for "Scalawag?" I surely could use a few more members......for the larger ship, 'ya know!:confused:

Thanks for the good news!

Martita B.

Post Script: we are going to miss you

on our Crossing!!

Hi Martha,

NUTS is not the word (sorry Jeannie) she is up for anything!!! I have never met anyone like her before in my life! Totally fabulous though!! So much fun to be with! She will be the life and soul of all your parties on Odyssey!! Wish we could be there to see it all now!

Kathryn

Danite

If you should talk to Jeannie please explain as to our wearing orange. (any clothing item) Merely a good way to identify our group at the pre-crossing party ~~and also during Sail-a-bration on Oct. 31st, it will be Halloween !

I am taking 2 orange, bibbed, long aprons for Graeme Cockburn and his Ex. Sous Chef ~~during the Don Curro party we'll all sign our names with fabric pens, then I'm going to ask him to come up during the sailaway and we'll present these to our fabulous Odyssey Chefs!

(those chefs dearly love to dress up ~~I suppose white gets boring)

Happy Legend Voyage!

MB

Hi Martha,

NUTS is not the word (sorry Jeannie) she is up for anything!!! I have never met anyone like her before in my life! Totally fabulous though!! So much fun to be with! She will be the life and soul of all your parties on Odyssey!! Wish we could be there to see it all now!

Kathryn

Nice to see you posting again Kathryn! And yes, I agree with you completely ..... Jeanny is a real character, so much fun to be with! We all seem to be on the wrong ship Martha - Kathryn on the Legend and we on the Spirit!

Marja

Archived