The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Keith

I just sooo wish you and Miss AM could be with us ~~yes, it will be exciting, especially arriving in Ft Lauderdale. I'm sure there will be fireworks and quite a "receiving line" ~~~hoping all of the CCer's can get together for a party. Captain Dexter will be at the helm. Not sure as to Barry Hopkins, CD. or other Staff members. I'll try to find out meanwhile who will be aboard.

Sending hug's

Martita B.

Tony & Trevor

Ohhh goody! Thanks for this wonderful news ~~I haven't met Barry but have heard raves about him. And of course, Filipe, Marcel and Carol (from Austin) are all favorites. Wonder who the Staff Captain will be? Guess we should take a jar of Vegamite to Master D. (I took him a jar on the Pride TA~~presented him my hostess gift at his hosted table one evening. He was quite pleased--grinned from ear-to-ear :D)

Hope all is well across the big pond!

Martita B.

Martha,

Thank you.

A good idea of your to take Vegamite for the good Captain. He was sliglhty irritated when last year he came in for breakfast and saw Trevor

with it.

He said to Julian we better order some more -you know what those Brits are like!!

Have a good afternoon,

Lovely sunny weather here in the Peak District.

Happy Easter,

Kind regards

Tony

Yeah! It is getting closer and closer. Can't wait.

Col. Wes, thank you so much for the article re: some of the extras that will be available.

Keith, we wish you and Anne Marie were on with us too. We enjoyed our sail with you on the Pride and certainly have enjoyed our continued contact with you two throughout these years.

Martita, again looking forward to finally being able to meet you. We know Barry from a few Regent cruises in the past and he will be a great C.D. We will be starting in Istanbul, first preceded by a 10 day land trip throughout Turkey and then 24 days of decadence on Seabourn! Have fun in your pre boarding get together and will look forward to you and other CC'ers on the trip.

Tony and Trevor,

It must be a recent development that Marcel is transferring from the Spirit. When we were on last month he told us he wasn't. Do you have any idea when he will be making the move? Thanks.

dd@sea

It will be a real reunion for not only Seabournites from the three Sister's but for we CCer's ~~we do need to make arrangements with Karl for a get CC party/together some evening aboard the Odyssey.

I look forward to meeting so many Sailor's I've not sailed with before~~will be so much fun!:p

As to Staff....I think we'll all be surprised as to who will be aboard the Odyssey next Oct. I hope Nelson will be with us!:D

Martita B.

Hello Martha,

A technical / nautical queston for you. On the transatlantic will the Odessey sail a more southerley route to FL. I'm thinking of the many days, which is nice and relaxing, for her to crossat sea. I was wondering with your previous experiences on the smaller ships re the crossing.

Also will there be fire works in the day in FL when we arrive and special events with Capt D on the ship ?.

How many CC passengers are staying at the Don Curro ?

Kind regards,

Tony

Tony & Trevor

I'm sure Capt. Dexter will choose the southern route ~~we'll call on Funchal Nov. 2nd (Mon) then straight to Ft. Laud. This time of the year I think it will be cool but hopefully the Atlantic sea will be smooth.

I haven't talked to Miss Pam as to the big celebration in Ft Lauderdale when we arrive, Nov 10th but am guessing it will be BIG!

I counted at present 10 Odyssey sailors staying at the Don Curo. I visited the 'lit family owned hotel when I was in Malaga last Oct. It's small and charming ~~in Old Town. I know of a few staying outside the city centre. If it's aggreeable with everyone we'll meet at Hotel Molina Lario for a get together early evening of Oct. 30th.

I believe this Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic will be the Crossing to make!!!:p Hope to see 'yall there!

Martita B.

Tony & Trevor

The Don Curo is a small family owned hotel ~~not luxury but quaint. I did check it out and thought it fine. And very reasonable. Best location in Malaga. You can view their web site. I made several reservations on the internet. Will be fun for all of us to be together.

Cheers sent across the pond:p

MB

Anyone booked on the Spirit Oct. 24th? Rome to Lisbon (8 dayer)

JB and I will be aboard and disembarking a day early in Malaga on Oct. 30th. We'll stay the night and then board the Odyssey on Oct. 31st. We thought cruisin' down the Spanish Ports would be fun. Also we'll be rested when we arrive in Malaga (no long flights from the US):D

Come join us ~~we have no idea as to the Captain, Hot Man or Staff since so many Staff/Crew will have gone to the Odyssey.

Martita B.

Sailors,

Another benefit of the Odyssey's maiden Trans-Atlantic crossing is the fact that the US goes off Daylight Savings time the early morning of November 1 after we have sailed on Halloween October 31. This means that we will have 1 extra hour of daylight over the usual five 1-hour clock set-backs during the crossing! One extra night to party hardy and still make it to Trivia by 12:15 pm. ;)

Hi Peachy

Happy to see you posting ~~we've all missed you! You know what they say about "all work.....and no play?":eek:

Thanks for posting our extra hour on the Odyssey TA.

We're surely going to have a great group aboard ~~anyone for a CC cocktail party during the 10 day voyage?

Pinkie

Odyssey Maiden Crossing Sailor's

An idea ~~would you like to meet outside the Club during our Malaga sail-away for a CC get together? And as the 1st evening aboard will be casual perhaps we might decide to wear orange & black! It will be Halloween! I am packing my glitzy "spook" sweater to don ~~probably with Chicos travelers pants.;) I may bring my black/gold feathered "mask on a stick!"

Please post your ideas and suggestions ~~anything will be fine with me! We might as well "bump up some fun!" (it's later than we think)

Happy weekend!:p

Martita B.

Howdy "Pascal the 2nd!"

I really thought you should have won a 1st place at our "Celebrity Crossing Contest!:D

But, this Oct. 31st you'll need to be "Chef Cockburn, the 2nd!"

Didn't we have grand time on the "Last Hurrah" Pride Crossing?

It truly was a fabulous, magical Cross!:p

Please book the March 2010 Spirit TA Crossing ~~theme:

"Got Spirit?"

Have a great weekend!

Martita B.

Martita,

Love the idea of meeting outside the Club during/after sailaway, whichever is decided. I travel with the colors of red, black, white and one other vivid color - orange not being one of them. However, I will 'throw in' one orange top (Halloween themed), soon to be purchased and then left behind for another soul. Looking forward to the get together.

Grrreat ~~~if all the CCer's wear something in orangeand

black we will be able to reconize one another at our "Sailabration!"

I usually leave all my costumes aboard for the Crew to wear to their parties ~~

I may pack a few Halloween Mardi Gras beads for those not knowing of our Oct. 31st CC get together ~~~ (maybe I can persuade a few Officer's to drop by to say "hello."

Sounds like a plan!:D

Martita B.

>" I will 'throw in' one orange top (Halloween themed), soon to be purchased and then left behind for another soul."

But you might sail again on Halloween!! The Legend will be sailing from Cittavecchia on the 31st, perhaps we need to plan something as well.....

Jane

Good idea! You're in charge of the Legend Halloween Sail-a-bration!

I was aboard the Pride last Halloween (JR (Birmingham Boy) and I fashioned and made the two Ex. Chef's Halloween hats with matching orange aprons ~~they were thrilled!) and I wore my fancy "Spook" sweater ~~I'll don it again this year with added items! :eek:

I received an e-mail this a.m. from GP suggesting the Sailaway party will probably be on Deck 9, around the Sky Bar. I'm thinking she is correct ~~sooo we'll all meet there for our "Meet & Greet & Music" celebration/party!:p

Martita B.

• 4 weeks later...

Odyssey Crosser's

I had an idea to invite a "certain" Captain to come join us on Oct. 30th at the Molina Lario for the pre-get together! Let's plan the party for 5:30 pm. (a "certain ship" will be in the Malaga harbor until 11 pm)

Looking forward to seeing everybody!:p

Martita B.

Archived