Hello from the PG

RMS Olympic

Thanks for the great reports about your trip. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the end of August for my trip. Mike, I will be looking forward to hearing from you. I am just sooooo excited.:D

Greetings!

Tom’s report was right on target, except he did not mention some of the fabulous staff that we came across, including Efron in the Piano Bar (and his awesome “Nuts and Berries” dessert drink made with Frangelico, Chambord and heavy cream – we dedicate our weight gain to him…) Noel and Jorge in the grill were a delight, too – their faces would light up when they’d see us at the breakfast buffet in the Grill each morning. All the staff were fabulous, and each of the passengers ended up with our favorite people – how lucky could we be? And the darling Gaugiunes not only danced and sang, but also taught about life in Tahiti and about their arts and crafts.

Anyone who winds up cruising with Tom will be blessed to meet a seasoned traveler, with a wealth of good knowledge about the many aspects of cruising, and having a huge library of great jokes and stories. He is a genuine good guy, it was great to meet him, and we hope that we will hook up on a future trip!

We did request two bottles of liquor for our room, which they supplied eagerly, but we really did not need at all. In future we might not even bother. Wines at dinner were wonderful. We do not like Chardonnay, and they were quick to provide great Sauvignon Blanc or Fume Blanc in lieu.

The Paul Gauguin is the perfect ship for the South Pacific. We were on the Mariner last year, which, while more elegant and in better condition inside, did not provide the same experience that we got on PG. Suffice it to say, we are already looking at future itineraries of the PG, because we want to see the Cook Islands.

We had a room on Deck 4 that we thought was an ideal location. We did not have a balcony, but did not feel we really needed one, as we spent little time in our room. We found the cabin to have plenty of closet and drawer space and the bathroom was laid out well. The only criticism we had was that some of the public areas were tired and the carpets need to be replaced.

Everything about the Regent food and beverage experience was fabulous. The private island at Motu Mahana was wonderful. Although we are exhausted from our trip, the first thing we did today was to look at the Regent site to see what our next Regent trip will be. We fervently hope that Apollo will realize what a gem they have acquired, and care take our wonderful cruiseline.

I need my Peggy and George.

Listen Kiddo......2009, reunion cruise.:p

Now remember its Papau new Guinea fall of 2009 on the Orion. That leaves the rest of 2009 for a Regent cruise.

The withdrawal is bad this time.....I miss the French bread cut on the diaginal......yes folks I buttered both ends......:D

Peggy and George...you made the trip......and to think how we just met by chance at the pool bar.........the stars must have been in alignment.

Now to plan the next cruise.........:cool:

Merry xmas to all.....

and to all the crew of the PG that will be away from their family, friends, partners.

Tom

Joselito was a higlight in the dining room. He always went out of his way to say hello.....even if I wasn't at one of his tables. He is a very kind sweet soul and in my opinion opitimizes the perfect crew member....Mr Conroy should clone him.

Happy holidays to all and a wish that the PG crew has a wonderful 2008.:D

Now to figure out what cruise in 2009......the Navigator, the Voyager or maybe the PG once again......:confused:

Peggy and George...if you are reading this....Navigator in the Carribean....a 7 day cruise 1st qtr? There are some 2 for 1 cruises........hint hint hint:rolleyes:

Joselito was a higlight in the dining room. He always went out of his way to say hello.....even if I wasn't at one of his tables. He is a very kind sweet soul and in my opinion opitimizes the perfect crew member....Mr Conroy should clone him.

Happy holidays to all and a wish that the PG crew has a wonderful 2008.:D

Now to figure out what cruise in 2009......the Navigator, the Voyager or maybe the PG once again......:confused:

Peggy and George...if you are reading this....Navigator in the Carribean....a 7 day cruise 1st qtr? There are some 2 for 1 cruises........hint hint hint:rolleyes:

We look forward to meeting Joselito!

And, I like your thinking, Tom: the best way to cure the post-cruise blues is to get another one on the docket!!!! Who knows, we may actually meet up!!! :)

Holiday Greetings, TOM, did you get our email? Plz check and let us know. We were delayed 3 days, 2 nights returning home due to flight cancellations. ATN picked up the tab! If you have to be stranded somewhere, We will pick Tahiti! Think PG in 2009. Hugs, George and Peggy

I'll be sure to seek out Kelly and ask for one of those special cosmos, Tom!

Wow, George & Peggy - that is QUITE the delay! Were the cancellations due to weather back in the U.S. or something? It's great that you were able to spend more time in Tahiti, though.

I'll be sure to seek out Kelly and ask for one of those special cosmos, Tom!

Wow, George & Peggy - that is QUITE the delay! Were the cancellations due to weather back in the U.S. or something? It's great that you were able to spend more time in Tahiti, though.

The delay was due to Air Tahiti Nui having some "technical issues". We heard that they had a plane in Sydney for maintenance, and it did not pass inspection. They had to get a part to resolve it. In the meantime, they paid for our 2 nights and all meals at the Intercontinental in Papeete! They even got us on a new flight from LAX back to our home in Sacramento at no further cost to us! It all worked out good for us. It's much better to be stuck in Tahiti than in Chicago! Wishing we were still there!

Tom,

We are travelling on the PG for the first time in June for our Honeymoon. We have a flight booked with Air France at 1:45 AM on the 5th of July. We come into Pappeete on the 4th at 7 PM. Can we get off the ship that quick to make the flight at 1:45 AM on the 5th or do we have to wait on the ship to leave the ship the following day?

Your help and insight would be very helpfull....thank you!

Happy New Year and best wishes on your marriage and honeymoon.

The following information will give you an idea of the schedule Regent provides for those departing the ship the evening she returns to Papeete. Groups are listed by baggage tag colors.

During the cruise you will fill out a form listing your departure/ flight arrangements, number of bags etc.

Light green- From 7:30pm- Guests with independant arrangements.

Pink with star-10:25pm- TNT Transfers- Air Tahiti flight departing 00:55.

...................................................................................

The next morning the schedule starts with departures for the airport at 10am; those going to another island depart for the ferry at 8:40 am.

If there any other questions...please let me know.

Tom

So you will have no problem making your flight

Archived