Louis XIII Cognac?

Scotto97

They also sell it in the gift shop, I think it was around $880. I have seen it on a few cruises.

:eek: $880? Please tell me that is a misprint? (I don't drink that type of spirit but man, that is a lot of money.)

:eek: $880? Please tell me that is a misprint? (I don't drink that type of spirit but man, that is a lot of money.)

That would be a great price !!

It typically runs around $1300 for a 750ml bottle at liquor stores.

I concur, $880.00 is a very good deal.

Does it really matter?? You can throw a bottle in your bag, if it is that important, and take it with you.

That's one liquor I would never try to smuggle on board. Even in checked bags. If you get caught, they don't give it back. $1300 - ouch !!

While we are talking this pricey booze.. We sell it where I work for something like $ 95.00 a shot. We sell about a shot once every 3 or 4 months. NO I have not tasted it.

I stop at martel cordon blue ( appox $ 14.00 -20.00) a shot. Sometimes I like to order a bottle of Dom Pergnon for sail away. Especially if it is with my spouse. However my next trip which is just my son and I, I have ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels for the room ( $ 65.00).

All my friends smuggle booze but I am too much of a chicken. I do usually bring the one bottle of wine per person unless I am flying...

One funny note. My last cruise (QE2) I splurged for a bottle of Dom for my friends for sail away ( spouse stayed at home no vacation time).

Anyway my camera did not work well that trip and I really wish I had spent the money on a new camera instead !!! Also quite shockingly the canapaes I had on the Paradise in April were better than those I had on QE2 in August go figure...

Tom in Long Beach

While we are talking this pricey booze.. We sell it where I work for something like $ 95.00 a shot. We sell about a shot once every 3 or 4 months. NO I have not tasted it.

I stop at martel cordon blue ( appox $ 14.00 -20.00) a shot. Sometimes I like to order a bottle of Dom Pergnon for sail away. Especially if it is with my spouse. However my next trip which is just my son and I, I have ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels for the room ( $ 65.00)....

My wife has decided, as of our last couple of sailings, that she likes to have a bottle of Dom EACH night for dinner. :eek:

I wonder how that would work if we ate at the Lido buffet one night... I can picture it now :rolleyes:

Tom

My husband bought a bottle of King Louis XIII this last February in the gift shop for $1199, so I guess it hasn't gone up in price this year. He was able to take it right to our cabin, they didn't 'hold' it as they do other alcohols you buy in the gift shops. He thinks the price is good and well worth it (if you're into that kind of thing). It's gone now of course, but we still have that nice Baccarat crystal bottle!

My husband bought a bottle of King Louis XIII this last February in the gift shop for $1199, so I guess it hasn't gone up in price this year. He was able to take it right to our cabin, they didn't 'hold' it as they do other alcohols you buy in the gift shops. He thinks the price is good and well worth it (if you're into that kind of thing). It's gone now of course, but we still have that nice Baccarat crystal bottle!

They also let you take the bottle of Hennessy and De Montal X.O. back also.

They also let you take the bottle of Hennessy and De Montal X.O. back also.

Sounds like Carnival treats brandy and cognac as wine (Ok to bring on board or take straight to the cabin from the shop) and not as liquor (bye-bye 1300 bucks :( )

Sounds like Carnival treats brandy and cognac as wine (Ok to bring on board or take straight to the cabin from the shop) and not as liquor (bye-bye 1300 bucks :( )

Do they sell Veuve Clicquot champagne in the gift shop/liquor store also?

If so, they would allow you to take it back to your room as well, right?

We have a friend who drinks that and I don't remember seeing it in the gift shops, but they might sell it in the supper clubs or the supper club bar.

We have a friend who drinks that and I don't remember seeing it in the gift shops, but they might sell it in the supper clubs or the supper club bar.

I seem to recall seeing it on their wine list - but I did not look in the store.

I know that you can pre-order it (bon voyage dept - $83/bottle).

Tom

Archived