SeaDream I December 9-16, San Juan, review

Jim Avery

Thanks for posting Steubel!

Sounds like you enjoyed your first SD experience ... even if the weather was less than cooperative. My folks sailed the same week out of San Juan on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas and they said that the sailing was "rough" the first few days as well. I had to remind them that sometimes Mother Ocean makes a little motion:p

Jim: Thank Lois for the info on the make-up area in the convertible cabins. These things are important!

Cold and rainy here today ... wish we were with our fellow CCers who are on SD this week and preparing to enjoy the champagne and caviar splash!

Jen

Ask FT about the cabins, we have stayed in the open commodore cabin and in both side with it closed.

Happy New Year Jen:

We had calm enough anchorages in Culebrita, St. Barts, Virgin Gorda and White Bay , Jost van Dyke.

Jim.

And a Happy New Year to you and Lois, Jim!

Thanks for the quick response and the info. DH will be thrilled to have one or more marina days! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us.

Forgot to mention a food item. 2 trips ago, we enjoyed Chef Kishore's fish & chips. We had actually missed lunch when they were offered but he presented me with them the next night as an interim course. Very good. Very reminiscent of what we can get at chip shops in England. This trip I asked if they were to be on the menu. Our waiter said they were not but would ask the Chef. Sudesh said give him 24 hours and they would be available. Next day at lunch, great fish & chips. If you have something you crave, just ask, if at all possible, the staff will make it happen. Not many ships you can get that kind of service from.

Jim.

Happy New Year Jen:

We had calm enough anchorages in Culebrita, St. Barts, Virgin Gorda and White Bay , Jost van Dyke.

Jim.

The jet skis are prohibited in the BVI (and many other ports) -- pn this cruise they could only be used at St Martin (where the seas were uncooperative) and St. Barts. The other equipment including the Zodicas can be used in the BVI.

The jet skis are prohibited in the BVI (and many other ports) -- pn this cruise they could only be used at St Martin (where the seas were uncooperative) and St. Barts. The other equipment including the Zodicas can be used in the BVI.

Thanks Stebul!

I know someone posted earlier about you really know the cruise is over when you take a shower at home, drop your towel on the flooor and it just stays there. Today I discovered another way to know your cruise is really, really over. I showered with the last of the leftover Bulgari products. Tomorrow I go back to smelling like Safeguard.

I know someone posted earlier about you really know the cruise is over when you take a shower at home, drop your towel on the flooor and it just stays there. Today I discovered another way to know your cruise is really, really over. I showered with the last of the leftover Bulgari products. Tomorrow I go back to smelling like Safeguard.

I actually buy the Bulgari Green body wash and lotion so I can use it as an instant vacation when I need a little pick me up:p My usual perfume is ... Bulgari Green ... go figure.

Guess I will have to look for the Bulgari White as that is the product they are now using on board (at least that is what I read in the SD newsletter).

Counting the days until we sail ...

I actually buy the Bulgari Green body wash and lotion so I can use it as an instant vacation when I need a little pick me up:p My usual perfume is ... Bulgari Green ... go figure.

Guess I will have to look for the Bulgari White as that is the product they are now using on board (at least that is what I read in the SD newsletter).

Counting the days until we sail ...

DJ,

My DH bought me a gift set of the Bulgari white for Christmas. He says I smell like a yacht. I suppose that's good. :) Anyway, it's the "au the blanc" by Bulgari.

Doing laundry post-cruise is a rather nice experience because all of our clothes smelled like that fabulous Bulgari scent. :D

Hope your countdown goes fast!

Jen, now I know that I am not the only one who uses the Bulgari body wash and lotion when I need a little cruise in my life, but life is not cooperating. FYI, I didn't see much difference between the green and the white - perhaps the white is a bit milder in aroma.

DJ,

My DH bought me a gift set of the Bulgari white for Christmas. He says I smell like a yacht. I suppose that's good. :) Anyway, it's the "au the blanc" by Bulgari.

Doing laundry post-cruise is a rather nice experience because all of our clothes smelled like that fabulous Bulgari scent. :D

Hope your countdown goes fast!

The countdown can never go fast enough ... although the cruises themselves go too quickly!

Too funny about smelling like a yacht:p

Jen, now I know that I am not the only one who uses the Bulgari body wash and lotion when I need a little cruise in my life, but life is not cooperating. FYI, I didn't see much difference between the green and the white - perhaps the white is a bit milder in aroma.

Good to know we aren't alone isn't it Zimmy:D

There is a difference in the Bulgari Blue and Green ... DH's cologne is the Blue and the fragrance is completely different than the Green. Was wondering what the difference between Green and White. Makes sense if it is milder since it is promoted as a "unisex" fragance:eek:

Can't wait to try the White out in a little over 10 weeks:p

• 3 weeks later...
Jim,

Thanks for the great reviews. We are leaving for 9 nights on Jan 11, SDII. I will try and do as good a job as you! My only conflict with this trip is the inevitble 6lb you clearly remind me of... Oh Well! so be it.

LL

LovingLife:

We all await your review. Having serious SeaDream withdrawal here.

Jim.

• 1 month later...
We didn't talk about New Year's '09 zqvol ... we did talk about Alaska though (sshh ... on another brand:eek:).

We did talk at great length about the Med and the trip that Jim and Lois took ... as well as the Greek Isle trip that ctbjr has done.

Hey ... it's only money;)

Jen:

Partially due to your reviews last summer we booked August 2 on Oosterdam out of Seattle. Are you guys still thinking Alaska? If you joined us, we could all look at the Orcas and plan our next SeaDream cruise!

Jim.

Jen:

Partially due to your reviews last summer we booked August 2 on Oosterdam out of Seattle. Are you guys still thinking Alaska? If you joined us, we could all look at the Orcas and plan our next SeaDream cruise!

Jim.

FT joined us for dinner last Friday night while zqvol was enjoying his spring break on another brand ... NCL.

We talked about joining them on SD in spring of '09. Alaska is on the table as well as a family event in '09 (probably on Regent) because we will have DD's sweet 16 as well as DH and my 25th anniversary and my father's 70th birthday.

I think you will enjoy HAL this summer!

Archived