All things Jewel of the Seas!

I'm excited to be back sailing on the Jewel for the second time this coming May. This time it will be a B2B. When we sailed on her back in 2006 she was the newest ship in the fleet. Ever since she has been my favorite ship. OK, we loved the Allure, also. However, they are completely different types of cruise vacations and cannot be compared. On the Jewel we love the views of the ocean everywhere and the beauty that encompasses her. With two great itineraries coming up we just know it will be a wonderful vacation!:D

Our favorite things about the Jewel:

Relaxing in the hot tubs in the adult only Solarium after a long day in port. My DH would grab a slice of pizza and I went for the crepes (although I hear the crepes are no longer available in the Solarium:().

The view from our aft balcony - we have 9260 reserved for both legs of the B2B.

The aft outdoor dining area of the Windjammer.

The Seaview Cafe.

And much, much more!

Any more updates to this thread?:D

• 1 year later...

The Jewel of the Seas has been deployed to Europe for 2016. She will do longer sailings from Venice.

As Jewel is scheduled for dry dock in April of 2016 and shows up first at Gibraltar entering the MED on the 10th of May, 2016, this raises some questions.

Jewel returns to San Juan on the morning of April 3, 2016 for her final call for the season.

Will the Jewel dry dock be moved to Cadiz, Spain now?

Could they sail Jewel up to Florida on a short cruise and then depart on a non-revenue Transatlantic similar to what they did with Explorer?

Will they sail directly to dry dock from San Juan?

While RCI might do a press release about the re-deployment and dry dock in the future, it would be great if anyone that is onboard might find out some details about future plans.

The Jewel of the Seas re-deployment to Europe has been confirmed to not affect the San Juan season and she will return most likely in October on a TA sailing.

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/docs/Royal-OSN-2016-Schedule.pdf

Jewel goes from dry-dock in April to begin her European season from Venice on 10 and 11 night Eastern MED sailings.

It is currently unclear if the dry dock has been moved to Cadiz Spain due to the re-deployment to Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

The Jewel of the Seas dry dock will be at the Bahamas and she will do a short pre-view sailing from Port Everglades after coming back from dry dock.

Jewel Of The Seas Depart: 04:30 PM 04/24/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port

Jewel Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/25/2016 CocoCay, Bahamas

Jewel Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/26/2016 Nassau, Bahamas

Jewel Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 04/28/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port

Everglades, Florida

Her Transatlantic will sail on the 28th of April from Port Everglades to Barcelona for 14 nights and will be followed by an 11 night Barcelona to Venice where she will spend the summer season.

She then does a 12 night Venice to Barcelona followed by a 13 night TA to San Juan with calls in the eastern Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Jewel. Deciding between our kid's spring break the last week of March (just before dry dock) or in December 2016 for my 50th. Anyone have a link, info about what will happen in the dry dock and whether I should wait? Cruise in March is about 1/2 the price as December, but the one in December is for 8 days.

Considering a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Jewel. Deciding between our kid's spring break the last week of March (just before dry dock) or in December 2016 for my 50th. Anyone have a link, info about what will happen in the dry dock and whether I should wait? Cruise in March is about 1/2 the price as December, but the one in December is for 8 days.

This shows what happened to Brilliance, which is probably close to what they will do with Jewel:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

I would go with the earlier lower price cruise. Jewel is still in pretty nice shape and its not like she is in desperate need of the work based on appearances.

Great, thank you. I am sailing on the Radiance this Summer to Alaska and I assume it is what the Jewel will look like post-renovation. I'll see if I'm married to any of the new restaurants. The outdoor movie screen may be a key element for the kids. Is the Brazilian steak house unique to the Radiance for Radiance class?

Edited by ckelly14

The Seaview Cafe is still running the burgers and brews at night till 1:00 AM, with the $10 charge. My cruise-mates were impressed with the beer selection which is also available during the day. I must add the burgers are very good and the cuban sandwich huge. It's a shame that Royal has ruined a good venue, unless this charge is temporary and just for spring break to keep the kids out.