Freestyle 2.0 Announced

scottyo72

Just come back here to inform us of what you reaped while on board. Print out, as I did, the goodies we are to get. Then let us know how great they were. Also if you ate anywhere but the dining room.

We cruise Dawn 4/27/08 from NYC to Bermuda for a week. My BD present so I am ready!!!!!

Closed the 3rd floor dining room to make it anytime dining & folks were pissed in reviews I read with wait time up to an hour. Of course they tell you to take a calling gizmo & goto the bar to make more $$$.

Maybe I missed it but are HAL and RCCL going to anytime dining?

1 week cruise gets the same award of points (1 point per week ) as a FLA 3 nighter, or cruise to nowhere & a top tier balcony as a indoor cheapo. A mini suite or better get 2 points a week. So cruise for a night or 2 or 3 & get the same as folks paying for 7, 14 is one point more.

2.0 gives suites & balconies their own area to board. Not a Latitudes express line like RCCL that has Platinum, Diamond & Diamond Plus members in it & it is HUGE! So we'd go to the new cruisers area to board.

I'm lovin' the 2.0! Sooooooo glad to hear they are upgrading the latitudes program. It sucks that I take longer cruises and get the same credit as a one-nighter to nowhere. Good for you' date=' NCL!![/quote']

I heard on CNBC that the Chinese half is sending Dream out to sea as a gambling boat but in China or where? No cruises on her after 2008.

I read something that made me think that all the older ships will be out of service by 2009. None of their fleet will be more than 5 or 6 years old by 2009, I think is what I read.

I heard on CNBC that the Chinese half is sending Dream out to sea as a gambling boat but in China or where? No cruises on her after 2008.

They leave from Singapore I think. When they go back to Star they normally get renamed, you will have to see the cruises on Star. I don't think any cruises start in China but I could be wrong. Look for cruises in China in 2008 along with the Olympics....and watch in wonder as we see the power of the 21st century...

NCL had my name, address & phone number when my TA called to book us for Bermuda in April 1008. They issued new a Latitude# for both of us, stating the old numbers had nothing on them & now tell me that they have no record of us cruising on Norway in 1995 & 1997 so we would have to send them proof. Our camera was stolen from luggage, so no photos in '97 and 95 we were on our honeymoon so we did take photos them. NCL has none anymore. So we are termed NEW for our cruise. They state nothing that is 12 years ago in their computers. The TA back then is dead & her company went with her. My TA tried but to no avail.

As a RCL Cruiser I have to say I was very impressed with the news about 2.0. What the news made me do is to look at NCL which I have not done in the past and made me think is there a NCL cruise in our future? So the desired effect worked. I have taken only two NCL cruises ions ago.

Any company that is willing to invest and upgrade has my vote a 20% increase in food is impressive as well as the upgrades they mentioned in the news article. I believe it makes it a better playing field. I will start reading the NCL boards more on how the changes are going.

NCL and their backers need to be commended for taking these steps. It can only enhance the cruise experience. I am very interested in what they will do with their loyalty program.

PS after reading the article I called NCL and ask if I had a past passenger number since it was 1995 that I took a NCL cruise and they did..I also asked if they knew about 2.0 and they did not....sounds like RCL Crown and Anchor :-) they are the last to know. Some things never change..

Closed the 3rd floor dining room to make it anytime dining & folks were pissed in reviews I read with wait time up to an hour. Of course they tell you to take a calling gizmo & goto the bar to make more $$$.

You are wrong here. The Freedom trial went so well that RCI is now rolling it out to more ships. It's so funny how some people can twist things around.:rolleyes:

The unfounded rumors of no lobster in the main dining room on NCL ships were proved to be untrue aboard the Sun on the week of 12/8 - 12/15... Lobster was served on the first formal night (first day at sea) along with a delicious Beef Wellington. having additional lobster will be good, but once is always enough on a one week cruise for me... Being from the NE, we are spoiled with it.

Cliff, the rumors were not unfounded. We were on the 9 day voyage of the Pearl and we did not have lobster in the main dining room - it was called Seafood Extravanganza which was 1 shrimp, some fish, couple scallops, and a tiny bit of a tail (perhaps 1 1/2 bites).

The Jewel however according to another poster who went on the Jewel at the same time and we are comparing notes on activities and food had regular big lobster tails and it and the Pearl are taking the same routes just alternating. Very strange and wished I got that delicious Beef Wellington over the Seafood Platter.

As I'm sailing in less than two weeks, I'm not holding my breath for any major 2.0 improvements just yet. I briefly considered calling NCL to ask, but as their reps rarely have accurate infomation I figured that would be pointless. Anyways, I would love, love, love to see some of these enhancements on my cruise, but I'm not expecting them. After cruise I'll report back exactly what was and wasn't upgraded.

As I'm sailing in less than two weeks, I'm not holding my breath for any major 2.0 improvements just yet. I briefly considered calling NCL to ask, but as their reps rarely have accurate infomation I figured that would be pointless. Anyways, I would love, love, love to see some of these enhancements on my cruise, but I'm not expecting them. After cruise I'll report back exactly what was and wasn't upgraded.

Looks like you're on the Star cruise right before mine. I'm not looking for any of the enhancements yet either, but will be happily surprised if there are any.

I have no idea where Star Cruises plans to home port the Dream when they get her in late 2008. Star is just now releasing their ship schedules past next summer.

China is hosting the Summer Olympics next summer, which is why Star has repositioned the Virgo to Hong Kong. Therefore the Aquarius and Virgo swapped homeports.

Their web site hints that switching homeports of ships might be a regular event in the future. Sorry, I don't believe the Virgo will leave Singapore again once it comes back next fall.

Since the Gemini is leaving Star Cruises fleet late next year, I believe the Libra will take over it's more traditional cruising itineraries aimed for Westerners.

Therefore it is possible either the Aquarius or Dream (Superstar ?) will replace it in Keelung. There's also rumors the Dream (Superstar ?) or another Star Cruises ship may be heading for Shanghai. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.

If I were in charge, I would use the Libra to open new Chinese markets, use the Virgo to replace the Gemini with long cruises aimed for Westerners, use the Aquarius and Dream (Superstar ?) in Hong Kong and Singapore for short cruises (as gambling ships), and keep the Pisces in the lucrative Hong Kong for overnight gambling cruises to no where. But I don't think Star will do that. It'll take a whole lot of faith to replace their smallest ship with their largest ship.

If NCLA were to fail and gets broken up, I heard rumors that Star will get control of one of the POAs sailing from

Honolulu. Personally, I think they would rather have the Spirit back as the Leo. Imagine them having a Leo/Virgo and Aquarius/Dream (Superstar ?) in both Hong Kong and Singapore. They'll be in high cotton!

Archived