Change in Diamond Benefits-

dixieva

How about official rumor? :D Let's say I haven't seen anything in print yet, but have heard from RCI verbally. The info. may be on their website. I just haven't had the time to check it out.

Well, that is about as good as etched in stone on here. :confused: ;) :D

Would you believe 40-- 9 night cruises??? (Of course,I had to look it up)......I was really surprised..:eek:

They are making sure we don't get $300.00 discounts. :p Any 11 nights anymore to the Caribbean once the Empress leaves?

They are making sure we don't get $300.00 discounts. :p Any 11 nights anymore to the Caribbean once the Empress leaves?

Closest thing is the JW and the BR doing 11 nt Panama Canal(partialcrossing) cruises..

Closest thing is the JW and the BR doing 11 nt Panama Canal(partialcrossing) cruises..

I was hoping someone heard rumor for a ship replacing the same type of itinerary the Empress had. :confused:

I will await the 2009 schedule and keep my fingers crossed. Either that or it is Hawaii after my Mariner. ;) I just hate 4 days at sea there and 4 days back. :o

Sorry folks have been out of the loop.....somebody want to let me know what the OBC's are now?

At this rate, adding fuel surcharges and then decreasing discounts and OBC's............they won't have to worry about the CL's being overly crowded! The next thing to be decreased will probably be the OBC for Shareholder's!:(

Patti, BITE YOUR TONGUE! :eek:

don't give them any ideas!!!!!

How many 9 night cruises are out there? Isn't it just Explorer out of Bayonne & the occaisional odd cruise? It seems like everything about that itinerary is more expensive - somebody posted the drink of the day prices and they were a couple of dollars more than we pay on the Left Coast...

The Explorer does mostly 9 nights to Eastern Caribbean, 5 nights to Bermuda, 12 nights southern Caribbean, and I think there are 2 8 nights in there to Bermuda and Mass. Yes, things are expensive. Welcome to NY! I guess they figure we can afford it!

How many of them aren't on Explorer?

There is the Grandeur outta Baltimore(Caribbean)........outta Norfolk(Caribbean)......outta Baltimore(Can/NE)........outta Norfolk(Can/NE)

and the Brillance outta Miami to the Caribbean......:)

A little off topic, but...I had forgotten all about the Diamond discount...

My last two RCCL cruises were a balcony on the Liberty of the Seas (but pursuant to a "free" Visa card cruise...my TA just gave me a number for the upgrade cost and it was so little after the $2500 credit that I didn't think about it)...and the one before that, we did an "inside" on the Monarch...

So, not thinking much about it, I booked a Cat J (the highest priced inside--more square footage than the window cabins) on the Vision of the Seas for March...

I kept checking prices and a couple of weeks ago, I noted Residency Rates on all of the categories ...except mine...A little ticked...I was paying $834 pp while the windows started at $849...but the balconies were still running $1099 even on the Residency rate...

Then the next day, they posted a Balcony Guarantee rate at $849 pp!!!

I called my TA...no way was I staying in an inside cabin when a balcony was only $15 more per person! I told her I'd gladly pay $30 more for a balcony (forgetting all about the Diamond discount)...

She then reminded me...not only could I switch to a balcony, but my $849 rate would then be supplemented by the Diamond discount...so I was, in effect, paying $749 pp!

So, we made the switch and thanks to that discount, I am now paying $170 less for that 195 sf balcony cabin than I was going to be paying for an inside!!

Great score Steve. Congratulations.

Archived