Cruise literature

matt082600

You might want to pick up a couple of cruise magazines. There are several out there. I subscribe to Cruise Travel. Just go to any bookstore or wherever magazines are sold, and you'll be able to pick and choose whichever looks the most interesting to you. (There are always several loose subscription cards, and you could take one and order what you like.)

I got a copy of "Stern's Guide to the Cruise Vacation" off of Ebay and it didnt have squat in it! It talked about every cruise ship out there but it said very little about it. It also was not honest opinions because everything was positive. AND when I got it in the mail it was an old copy...like 1998 or something. That was of course the fault of the seller. I would not recommend it at all. I wonder if there is an "unofficial" guide to cruising like there is for Disney World?

I got a copy of "Stern's Guide to the Cruise Vacation" off of Ebay and it didnt have squat in it! It talked about every cruise ship out there but it said very little about it. It also was not honest opinions because everything was positive. AND when I got it in the mail it was an old copy...like 1998 or something. That was of course the fault of the seller. I would not recommend it at all. I wonder if there is an "unofficial" guide to cruising like there is for Disney World?

Karen, There is an "Unofficial Guide to Cruising". I actually have 2 versions, 1998 and 2003. Both were good. Thanks to all who gave their suggestions.

Archived