The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
This is, single-handedly, the best review of a cruise (albiet one marred with misfortune that you seemed to take with grace and humor) I have -ever- read in my years of cruising.

I would cruise with you any day of the week. If you are not writing for publication, you should be.

Seriously. Hi-lar-ious!!!!!! The OP really needs to submit to one of the travel magazines, if he hasn't done so already. Freelance, baby!

Thanks Aunt Dot for finding Sailor Jack's post and sharing it. I am now taking it back to Jan 4, 2009 Celebrity Infinity Around the Horn sailing to share with my new group. It will make everyone's day. I loved it. Thanks Sailor Jack.

Bless you for bumping this thread.

This was the best cruise review ever!

What a disastrous trip. I have to admit I'm glad you went, so that you could write about it.

We just got back from the same cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy that you were on and read your review of it. There were so many references and links on that board to the Dream review that I had to read this review.

I thought the Galaxy review was outrageous:D but this one is classic. Thanks!

This is truly a great review done so well I hated when I came to the end of it. More than anything else, I think it shows what kind of a person SailorJack is. Anyone who could go through all of that on a cruise and have such a sense of humor about it is a good person in my book. I know this thread was started a long time ago, but I am glad someone found it and I was able to read it. This is really a classic.

• 8 months later...

I'm so glad I stumbled on your review seeing I'm going to South America in Jan

.Your coolness and terrific sense of humour towards all this adversity proves your great character and personality .WOW ..Isn't that refreshing .More people should be like YOU LOL!!!!

You really made me chuckle

Now tell me did they get the cars out of the water ?

I loved your quip about missing the glass bottom boat to see The Argentinian navy in the Falklands ...You are TOO funny

You must write more you are SO enjoyable

Wish me luck we don't bump into anything on our cruise ...I'm really quite the BIg chicken in hairy situations ...muster station here I come with my carry on ..I know I know ..not allowed but I;m not donating my stuff to Any ocean willingly!!!

I'm off to read your Galaxy review ...I went on it ....not too impressed curious to see your viewpoint

Keep up the reviews SUPER JOB!!!

Michele

Your reviews are hilarious!! I feel like paying for your next cruise, just so you go sooner!! Now where to get the $$ Can't wait for the next!

Thanks for your comments - glad you enjoyed it. But save your money.:D We leave on a red-eye tonight for London where we are catching Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas for a transatlantic cruise.

Our next cruise is November 1 on Holland America's Noordam. We have never sailed on HAL before and its reputation is pretty sedate, so I don't know if enough will happen to make a review.

SPMorrissey: I don't know about videos, but if you go back into this thread somebody posted a series of pictures of the collission. If there was a video then there might be a link posted.

mmemichele: Thanks for your comments. Yes, they got the cars out. They had to get the cars and containers out of the channel for us to get back into the harbor. I don't know if you will get much about the Galaxy from my "review". I tend to look for the humor in everyday occurances and really don't focus on the ship, food, entertainment, etc. I know you will enjoy your South American cruise. It really is a great itinerary.

Thanks for your comments - glad you enjoyed it. But save your money.:D We leave on a red-eye tonight for London where we are catching Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas for a transatlantic cruise.

Wish I had known that -- we might have switched TAs. But, as much as we loved our Jewel TA in May, don't think we would have been willing to sacrifice the inaugural TA of Equinox that we have scheduled for November. Then again, having a chance to enjoy your humor might have been worth the sacrifice.

Have you thought about contacting one of the cruiselines to be hired as a guest lecturer? You would have everyone laughing so much that no one would have time to be complaining about ANYTHING!!

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

Wish I had known that -- we might have switched TAs. But, as much as we loved our Jewel TA in May, don't think we would have been willing to sacrifice the inaugural TA of Equinox that we have scheduled for November. Then again, having a chance to enjoy your humor might have been worth the sacrifice.

Have you thought about contacting one of the cruiselines to be hired as a guest lecturer? You would have everyone laughing so much that no one would have time to be complaining about ANYTHING!!

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

Hi Sharon. Last we talked you were selling your place. Did you ever do it or are you still enjoying the island. Enjoy your upcoming cruise:)

Hi Sharon. Last we talked you were selling your place. Did you ever do it or are you still enjoying the island. Enjoy your upcoming cruise:)

Hi SailorJack,

The "place" is still up for sale and, if the real estate market continues as is, the house will probably be a part of our estate to DHs kids!:D Actually, we just returned back to Germany last night after really enjoying 8 weeks on the island. For the first time in the five years since we bought the house, the weather was wonderful for the entire stay. We might even get to really like our "alternative home" if it continues this way. (We might have to!!!)

Next week we're off on a quickie last-minute cruise from Copenhagen to Bergen and Geiranger on Vision of the Seas. (oops -- that was a no-brainer. I forgot that I added the VOS to my signature.) They really have to stop offering these last-minute bargains (and then upgrading us from an OV guaranty to a balcony -- whoohoo):p

Don't miss your flight!!! Have a great one!

Edited by TenerifeSharon

• 3 weeks later...
This has to rate up with the top "1" of cruise reviews....Thanks for the great laughs.....can we cruise with you?

Sandy...would love to cruise with you. We are sailing on the Noordam (HAL) on November 1.;)

Oh, Oh... I just looked at your countdown clocks and see you are sailing on November 5:(

Edited by SailorJack

• 9 months later...