The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

Hmmm,fairly certain I wrote this review several years ago..maybe not,

we abandoned ship in that one.Wish I had your sense of humor and you

had my wife:eek:

You obviously have my sense of humor, but SailorJill might object to the trade.:D:D

i thoroughly enjoyed your review. in fact, i just had to call the hub in and i read it to him. We were both rolling - high entertainment on the high seas. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you still made the most of your cruise.

deb

best.review.ever.

My sides hurt from laughing so hard! Thanks for the awesome read.

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it.:)

PS. Thanks also to Smiling Cruiser, wurm914,iceman2a, and and mellygo - its always nice to know you can bring a smile to someone.

So glad I found this review. Sailor Jack loved the review!.

Sherri and Clay

Glad you enjoyed it.:) By the way, I spend a lot of time just down the road from you on Fox Island. Very pretty country!

You guys are my gods!!!!!!! What happened to you and the way you handled it, makes me want to be like you!

LOL...I am sure you would have handled it like a pro.

Very funny stuff!

And I could certainly say the same about the other 2 reviews I read from you. You should definitely write a book, I'm sure you've been told this many times.

Too bad this was an eventful (not in a good way) cruise, but good for you you made the most of it.

So glad you loved Montevideo, it is a great place.

Very funny stuff!

And I could certainly say the same about the other 2 reviews I read from you. You should definitely write a book, I'm sure you've been told this many times.

Too bad this was an eventful (not in a good way) cruise, but good for you you made the most of it.

So glad you loved Montevideo, it is a great place.

Glad you enjoyed it.:)

I noticed that you listed one of your locations as Uruguay. One of the compensations we had from our collision is the added time we had in Montevideo. One of the highlights of our stay was a visit to little winery near Atlantida – a town just southeast of Montevideo. The winery was called Vinedo de los Vientos. They make a wine out of the Tannat grape that is outstanding They also make one of the best dessert wines I have ever had. You can’t buy it in Georgia, but friends bring back a few bottles when they are in Florida. If you get the chance, visit their winery – it will be a pleasant excursion.

Jackl

Glad you enjoyed it.:)

I noticed that you listed one of your locations as Uruguay. One of the compensations we had from our collision is the added time we had in Montevideo. One of the highlights of our stay was a visit to little winery near Atlantida – a town just southeast of Montevideo. The winery was called Vinedo de los Vientos. They make a wine out of the Tannat grape that is outstanding They also make one of the best dessert wines I have ever had. You can’t buy it in Georgia, but friends bring back a few bottles when they are in Florida. If you get the chance, visit their winery – it will be a pleasant excursion.

Jackl

I grew up in Montevideo and still visit ocasionally. Used to spend our summers in Atlantida and/or Las Toscas (right next to Atlantida).

Thanks for the information about the winery, will keep it in mind for my next visit, especially if bringing family/friends with me.

Certainly enjoyed the part in your review about staying extra in Montevideo, anything good I read/hear about Uruguay makes me happy.

Looking forward to reading more about your travels!

I never get tired of re-reading SailorJack's reviews, sure glad this was bumped again.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but here is a video of the fabled collision and sinking of the Suzuki Grand Vitara. Seeing it may bring back nightmares of the Dream to SailorJack :D

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1026849/norwegian_dream_montevideo_collision_cruise_in_south_america/

I never get tired of re-reading SailorJack's reviews, sure glad this was bumped again.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but here is a video of the fabled collision and sinking of the Suzuki Grand Vitara. Seeing it may bring back nightmares of the Dream to SailorJack :D

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1026849/norwegian_dream_montevideo_collision_cruise_in_south_america/

Thanks, I had not seen that particular video before. The video shows only one of the Suzukis, but at least six went down along with the cargo containers. When the ship was finally able to dock we all rushed to buy copies of the Montevideo newspaper to see what the local take was on the accident. A copy of the article is in our scrapbook. My Spanish is not up to par, but I think the headline said something like, "Price of Suzuki Grand Vitaras to rise soon.":)

Wow! I am thoroughly impressed! That would be a nightmare for me but you made me actually want to be there! Maybe NCL should hire you???? ;)

PS: So sorry you didn't win the sexiest man-legs contest! :p

Wow! I am thoroughly impressed! That would be a nightmare for me but you made me actually want to be there! Maybe NCL should hire you???? ;)

PS: So sorry you didn't win the sexiest man-legs contest! :p

Thanks. It is a great itinerary - if you haven't tried it you should give it some consideration. Without the collision, of course.:D

I'm sorry about the contest too - I could have used the key chain prize.;)

I was just thinking about this review a few days ago and wondered if I could find it - it is the most hilarious thing I have ever read on the web - I am going to print it out to keep and share with my friends:D I laughed so hard I cried... I think it should be a sticky:D

I was just thinking about this review a few days ago and wondered if I could find it - it is the most hilarious thing I have ever read on the web - I am going to print it out to keep and share with my friends:D I laughed so hard I cried... I think it should be a sticky:D

I love it because I have it as a subscribed thread and every few months or so someone revives it and it pops up on my subscriptions so I get to read it again. It's still funny every time.:D

I love it because I have it as a subscribed thread and every few months or so someone revives it and it pops up on my subscriptions so I get to read it again. It's still funny every time.:D

What is a subscribed thread?

It is easy. When you are in the thread reading the responses, look to the top of the thread and you will see "Thread Tools" Click on it and a drop down will come up. Pick "Subscribe to this thread". Follow the directions and whenever anyone posts to this thread, you will get an email. This way you won't miss anything on the thread.

Enjoy,

Jeanne

It is easy. When you are in the thread reading the responses, look to the top of the thread and you will see "Thread Tools" Click on it and a drop down will come up. Pick "Subscribe to this thread". Follow the directions and whenever anyone posts to this thread, you will get an email. This way you won't miss anything on the thread.

Enjoy,

Jeanne

Exactly. I don't actually have it set to receive emails for my subscribed threads because I'd get too many, but what I do is, as soon as I log in I click on 'UserCP' and all my subscribed threads that have been posted to are at the top of the list. You can set the options however they'd work best for you.

Enjoy,

Jeanne

That's really cool...thanks!:)

Exactly. I don't actually have it set to receive emails for my subscribed threads because I'd get too many, but what I do is, as soon as I log in I click on 'UserCP' and all my subscribed threads that have been posted to are at the top of the list. You can set the options however they'd work best for you.

That is also a great idea. I learned something new today.:D