The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

It is easy. When you are in the thread reading the responses, look to the top of the thread and you will see "Thread Tools" Click on it and a drop down will come up. Pick "Subscribe to this thread". Follow the directions and whenever anyone posts to this thread, you will get an email. This way you won't miss anything on the thread.

Enjoy,

Jeanne

That really works! I wonder why they don't let people know about this. It is so much easier than having to look for strings you have posted on. Thank-you.

I was just thinking about this review a few days ago and wondered if I could find it - it is the most hilarious thing I have ever read on the web - I am going to print it out to keep and share with my friends:D I laughed so hard I cried... I think it should be a sticky:D

Thanks, but there are a lot of other posts way more worthy of being a sticky.:) I'm just glad you found some humor in it.

Man O man does this thread have leg's . Coming up on 48000 views. Sailor Jack you should be recieving royalties :D

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that.:D When I first posted this "review" SailorJill and I were both amazed when it hit 10,000. It reminded me of the old saying, "if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself." Had I known that it was going to be viewed that often I would have taken better care to eliminate my typos.:)

I was actually rather intimidated when it hit 20,000 because I knew that I could never write another review that would even come close, so I "retired" and did not write a review on our next couple of cruises. But as you can tell from my signature, I started writing again.

But I know that I will never have another review that has the "legs" (as you called it) that the Dream review had.

I've cut and pasted all your reviews and I'm working on putting them in epub format to store on my Nook. Sometimes I need something for a quick read and have a good laugh. Plus they help get me mentally back on board the ships.

I've cut and pasted all your reviews and I'm working on putting them in epub format to store on my Nook. Sometimes I need something for a quick read and have a good laugh. Plus they help get me mentally back on board the ships.

Well, I have to admit, this is the first time I have heard a comment like this.:) I'll have to look up "epub format" and "Nook", but I'm guessing that it is similar to a Kindle?

I've never created an e-book before. I wanted to make each review it's own chapter to make for easy navigation. That's my sticking point right now. I can't seem to get it figured out.

I'd like to be able to create my own e-books and this just seemed like the perfect document to practice on.

Oh my goodness! I've just read this for the first time and it's terrific! I had to read it outloud to my DH and he was laughing as hard as I was!

Glad you enjoyed it.:)

I've never created an e-book before. I wanted to make each review it's own chapter to make for easy navigation. That's my sticking point right now. I can't seem to get it figured out.

I'd like to be able to create my own e-books and this just seemed like the perfect document to practice on.

Let us know if you are successful.

What I've got right now works pretty good. Each review is listed as a chapter so you can navigate straight to each review without having to page through the whole thing.

I haven't really done an over all edit, but it looks pretty good.

Edited by groo

What I liked is that the OP has the ability of describing things in such a way that you feel you are on the cruise yourself.

I pictured the suzuki's sliding into the sea that at times I imagined I was actually on deck seeing the splash

Just stumbled on this review and have tears of laughter streaming down my face!!!.

Thank you so much for posting this review. So many use these boards to complain about the littlest things; did they never see the Poseidon Adventure?

Despite all the disasters, you still enjoyed the cruise. Now THAT is the attitude of a great cruiser.

Just stumbled on this review and have tears of laughter streaming down my face!!!.

Thank you so much for posting this review. So many use these boards to complain about the littlest things; did they never see the Poseidon Adventure?

Despite all the disasters, you still enjoyed the cruise. Now THAT is the attitude of a great cruiser.

I agree that too often people let the little things get them down. I like to think that the worst day on a cruise is better than the best day at work.:) Thanks for your comments.

What I liked is that the OP has the ability of describing things in such a way that you feel you are on the cruise yourself.

I pictured the suzuki's sliding into the sea that at times I imagined I was actually on deck seeing the splash

As I was reading your comment, I relived the moment we saw the cars splashing into the water...thanks.:)

A Toast to OP for his incredibly funny and insightful review... and of course, a toast to the resourceful fuse carrier! ;)

Ah, yes...the very important fuse!:D:D

I think maybe the Pullizter people will have to create a category for Best Post on an Online Forum for this guy.

I have never laughed at a post on CC so much. Making fun of the Argentine Navy, talking about showers in German, "Land of freezing butts", the list goes on and on.

I think maybe the Pullizter people will have to create a category for Best Post on an Online Forum for this guy.

I have never laughed at a post on CC so much. Making fun of the Argentine Navy, talking about showers in German, "Land of freezing butts", the list goes on and on.

I don't know about a Pulitzer...but I did get a t-shirt for "best post of the week":D:D. And it was COLD!

Haha! This this the best writing ever! Great review and it's nice to kniw you were able to "make lemons out of lemonade"!!!;)

Thanks for your comment...glad you found some humor in it.:)

I decided to sort the posts by the most viewed, and this popped up. Very funny, I'll grant you, and well written.

However, I have to take exception of your slagging of Buenos Aires. We spent 5 days there last year, and it is a magnificent city. Incredible architecture and hundreds of things to see and do. We could have easily spent another 2 weeks there. Very inexpensive and friendly people. Excellent food and very good beer.

Montevideo, on the other hand, is a decaying shell of what used to be a very nice city. It's a waste of a port stop. The market area by the docks is about all that is worth seeing. In 2009, fully 75% of the "things to see" in Montevideo have been permanently closed.

I decided to sort the posts by the most viewed, and this popped up. Very funny, I'll grant you, and well written.

However, I have to take exception of your slagging of Buenos Aires. We spent 5 days there last year, and it is a magnificent city. Incredible architecture and hundreds of things to see and do. We could have easily spent another 2 weeks there. Very inexpensive and friendly people. Excellent food and very good beer.

Montevideo, on the other hand, is a decaying shell of what used to be a very nice city. It's a waste of a port stop. The market area by the docks is about all that is worth seeing. In 2009, fully 75% of the "things to see" in Montevideo have been permanently closed.

I agree with everything you said about Buenos Aires. We will have to agree to disagree, however, with regards to Montevideo.

To paraphrase the great Will Rodgers....I never met a port I didn't like.:)

I've finished the compilation epub for ereaders and if it's OK with SailorJack I'll pass it along.

It's simply a cut and paste of his reviews into one document compiled for use on most ereaders.

Its fine by me...glad it worked out for you.:)

Jack, I have now reread this masterpiece for the 4th or 5th time. I am off to my first Cruise, Greek Isles on the Gem, this weekend. Upon my return, God willing, I would love to meet you at some Atlanta establishment and buy you a drink. This dry wit of yours reads much more like dozens of my Irish relatives, than any Canadian I've ever met.

Thank you, thank you thank you, for a masterful read.

Sean

Jack, I have now reread this masterpiece for the 4th or 5th time. I am off to my first Cruise, Greek Isles on the Gem, this weekend. Upon my return, God willing, I would love to meet you at some Atlanta establishment and buy you a drink. This dry wit of yours reads much more like dozens of my Irish relatives, than any Canadian I've ever met.

Thank you, thank you thank you, for a masterful read.

Sean

Glad you enjoyed the review.:) The Greek Isles is a great first cruise. We will be visiting Greece in October on the Star Princess, and will visit one of the Greek Isles - Kios.

There was an effort a year or two back to set up a meeting of cruisers from the Atlanta area, but schedules could never be matched and it sort of fizzled out. Always happy to meet other cruisers.:D

Enjoy your first cruise!

Jack