The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

• 1 year later...
This was the funniest thing I've ever read. We just got back from this itinerary. I can't even imagine being out there without power. I'll get nothing else done until I've read all your reviews. Thanks for sharing your hilarious sense of humor.

Marilu

It is a great itinerary isn't it! When we lost power there were some concerned people on board. I don't think it would have been as worrisome if we hadn't already collided with another ship and had a fire aboard. It was kind of interesting however, to see people walking around wearing their life vests!:D

I second that emotion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are too kind. Thank-you.

I've read this review at least a dozen times, and laugh just as hard each time. Absolutely priceless!

:D

Glad you enjoyed it. It is always fun to see an old review pop up as it gives me an excuse to reread it myself! This may have been one of my favorite ones.

So of course I had to go back and read it again. I then saw myself at post 4 and 56 (and god only knows where else- I gave up) so- thanks again. 5 years of laughing my a$$ off over this.

Until you mentioned it I didn't realize how long ago I wrote this. As I am sure you know, NCL sold the ship a year or so later so I can't take a reunion trip on it...which might have been fun.:)

i loved your review. i am so jealous of your command of the language and your wit.i wish you were my dinner companion on my upcoming cruise. sailorjill is safe. i am a 66 year old who sadly only has enough energy to lift a book and hope for the quality of writing displayed in the best cruise review i have ever read.

i loved your review. i am so jealous of your command of the language and your wit.i wish you were my dinner companion on my upcoming cruise. sailorjill is safe. i am a 66 year old who sadly only has enough energy to lift a book and hope for the quality of writing displayed in the best cruise review i have ever read.

I wish I was your dinner companion on your upcoming cruise as well! ;)Unfortunately, our next cruise won't be till early next year.:( Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by SailorJack

• 4 weeks later...

To Alexspepa: Here are the photos you asked for of the front of the ship. I don't know why the other ones dissapeared. I have no photos of the actual collision as we were in our cabin when the actual ramming of the barge occured.:eek: By the time we got up to the deck the SUVs were starting to sink and the steel containers were awash and going down slowly. I think that there may be some video of the actual collision on the net somewhere as I remember seeing them a few years back.

Collision1.jpg

Collision3-1.jpg

Collision2.jpg

CollisionRepair-1.jpg

Edited by SailorJack

It's always a good day when I wake up and this thread has been resurrected. Like the swallows to Capistrano, like the miracle of Easter...

And someone's sneakin' round the corner...

Agreed. It's like welcoming home an old friend with whom most of the time spent is engaging in uproarious laughter! :D

My man Louie Miller, he split the scene, babe...

These are wonderful! It's a good thing my study (& computer) has an adjoining potty because I was laughing way too hard! I only got through 3 of them last night, so have plenty more to go! Thanks a million.:D

It's always a good day when I wake up and this thread has been resurrected. Like the swallows to Capistrano, like the miracle of Easter...

And someone's sneakin' round the corner...

So well said. LOL!!! I love a good Sailor Jack review and this is one of his best for sure.

Thanks for popping in again too Jack. Anything planned that we should look forward to (I forgot to check your signature:o )