The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

One of the funniest things I have ever read! Have you considered stand-up comedy?

Thanks for the comment.:) No plans to try a career change to stand-up comedy, although Jill is daring me to try it at the next passenger talent show.:eek:

Thanks for the comment.:) No plans to try a career change to stand-up comedy, although Jill is daring me to try it at the next passenger talent show.:eek:

Curious minds want to know: what upcoming cruises do you have planned? I have just spent the last hour reading some of your reviews, and you are one funny man! Would love to be on a cruise and actually live through some of your experiences and then read about it from your view! I'm not stalking you, of course.....:eek:

Curious minds want to know: what upcoming cruises do you have planned? I have just spent the last hour reading some of your reviews, and you are one funny man! Would love to be on a cruise and actually live through some of your experiences and then read about it from your view! I'm not stalking you, of course.....:eek:

Stalkers welcomed!:) No cruises planned as of right now. We tend to book cruises around 60 days out in order to get the discount price - so our next cruise will probably be in the fall. We would like to do a cruise to the Black Sea, or perhaps a California coastal - down Mexico way.

Stalkers welcomed!:) No cruises planned as of right now. We tend to book cruises around 60 days out in order to get the discount price - so our next cruise will probably be in the fall. We would like to do a cruise to the Black Sea, or perhaps a California coastal - down Mexico way.

I heard a lot of cruises to the Black Sea were cancelled due to the Ukraine crisis, I don't know if they have picked back up yet. I haven't seen any cruise ships sailing up the Bosphorus past my house recently either.....

I (and everyone else here on CC) look forward to your next review!

I heard a lot of cruises to the Black Sea were cancelled due to the Ukraine crisis, I don't know if they have picked back up yet. I haven't seen any cruise ships sailing up the Bosphorus past my house recently either.....

I failed to look at your location and didn't realize you were living in Istanbul. Very cool! We were there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it immensely.

I have to admit, the allure of sailing the Black Sea was diminished somewhat by the cancelation of Yalta as a port of call. Perhaps things will normalize in a year or two.

A house overlooking the Bosphorus...not bad!:)

There still are some scheduled cruises into the Black Sea, but not as many as before. It is amazing that you can watch the ships from your house!

I failed to look at your location and didn't realize you were living in Istanbul. Very cool! We were there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it immensely.

I have to admit, the allure of sailing the Black Sea was diminished somewhat by the cancelation of Yalta as a port of call. Perhaps things will normalize in a year or two.

A house overlooking the Bosphorus...not bad!:)

There still are some scheduled cruises into the Black Sea, but not as many as before. It is amazing that you can watch the ships from your house!

This photo was taken last May from my balcony.... Costa, but not sure of the ship. The Emerald Princess is due to go by on June 23 and June 27, but I don't know if I'll be home when it passes by.

Costa_zpswfqxkfs6.jpeg

This photo was taken last May from my balcony.... Costa, but not sure of the ship. The Emerald Princess is due to go by on June 23 and June 27, but I don't know if I'll be home when it passes by.

Costa_zpswfqxkfs6.jpeg

It's not St. Patrick's Day - but I am green with envy!:D

Just want to say that I love when this thread pops back up periodically. I read it each time, like Groundhog Day in Montevideo, and laugh and laugh all over again!

I am surprised to see it has legs. As Groucho Marx used to say, "If I had know I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself." If I had known this post was going to be around this long I would have taken better care in writing it.:) But I am glad you enjoy it. Thank you.

Go Cowboys!:)

Edited by SailorJack

It was entertaining no doubt

but.. that's not a review.

That amounts to a very long comment

and in two months time will be lost in the annals of ordinary cruise critics comments, as will this.

I'm hoping he also took the time to write it where he should have,

over on the real reviews section at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/index.cfm

where all reviews live on for eternity.

Too many people think they're writing reviews within these notes and comments

and they suffice for now,yes..

but only real reviews stand the test of time, lasting years and years

for the whole world to see.

Go over to

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/index.cfm

and read the many lasting reviews on the ship of your choice

some of them dating back years and years!

Have you written your (real) review) yet?

or was it just another one of these passing comments?

Yeah, he's so right!! This will NEVER stand the test of time. And "in two months time will be lost in the annals of ordinary cruise critics comments, as will this."

Booyah!! I think this marks 7 1/2 years!!

I can't believe I never read this!! I was on the Dream 6 months after this. How'd I miss that one!

Hope you're still cruising after all these years!!

Thank you for that!! I just spent the last two hours reading this entire thread!!! Could you please come to NY and go on the Breakaway on the July 19th sailing?? ;)

I think you've taught me to take a big chill pill on our next trip in case anything goes wrong like a collision or a fire or my dinner isn't hot enough or if this ship loses power....now I know how to behave!!! :D

Yeah, he's so right!! This will NEVER stand the test of time. And "in two months time will be lost in the annals of ordinary cruise critics comments, as will this."

Booyah!! I think this marks 7 1/2 years!!

I can't believe I never read this!! I was on the Dream 6 months after this. How'd I miss that one!

Hope you're still cruising after all these years!!

I remember that comment. I understand that my style does not resonate with everyone and I appreciate the time people take to made their comments - both favorable and unfavorable (OK, may the favorable ones a little more,:)) But I admit to being a little confused by that particular poster.

As a side note, I received a request from Cruise Critic to post the review under their review section and did so. It was named "review of the week" and I got a cool CC t-shirt. However, once the Dream was sold, CC deleted all the reviews about that ship, so this thread actually outlasted the one on Dream reviews.

Still cruising. The Dream review was my second one and I have posted 13 more since then. The links to my other reviews can be found in my signature. In case you have your signature turned off, here is a link to my latest review on the Crown Princess - a 29 day cruise to Tahiti and the South Pacific - or just go to the Princess board - the review is on the first or second page. I also did on other NCL review - on the Jewel.

Thanks for your comments.

Jack

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2129055

Edited by SailorJack