Favorite Time of Year to Cruise

wenhigh

When is your favorite time of the year to cruise  

138 members have voted

1. 1. When is your favorite time of the year to cruise

Fall and Winter for the lower prices and the lack of kids. Not that I dislike children, I have a very wonderful daughter, it's more the parents of the kids who let them run wild on the ship that I have the problem with.

Terri

I prefer early September. It's a fairly safe bet that most of the kiddies are in school, and too early in the school year for parents to take them out for a cruise. Fall's my favorite time of year, so that's when I like to do my fun stuff!

My favorite time to cruise is during the summer, spring break, and holidays. I have never sailed when there are hardly any kids on board. I don't have any other choice since I'm a teacher. The kids don't bother me at all. The ones that bother me are the college drunk kids who cannot handle alcohol.

We always cruise the second week of Feb. The rates are reasonable and we have had enough of the cold weather by then. We once went from 99 degrees in Cozumel to minus 9 in Pittsburgh. It was quite a shock! Also, we take our summer vacation in August, so that way, we have something to look forward to every 6 months! :)

I like to cruise in the spring. The reasons are. I like that it's not that hot on the islands, time of year I can get time off (most important), no hurricanes to interfer in my cruise plans, no northeast blizzards to delay my air travel, sea and weather has always been great and I like to get a feel of that nice warm weather and know it's coming up to NY soon!

Just booked the Enchantment for July of 2005. We haven't vacationed in the summer for a very long time. :eek:

I'm hoping the Enchantment won't be packed with children as we are headed north (New England) in July. It won't be scorching hot, hopefully, and I received a free 2 category upgrade from a js to an aft corner family suite when I booked, so I'm taking advantage of it!

We'll be leaving from Philadelphia, just a 1.5 hr drive away. The Enchantment will also be newly refurbished in November and ready to sail again in early July.

I would love to do the Canada/New England cruise when the leaves are changing as Fall is definitely our favorite time of year.

Therefore, my answer is Fall/Winter. ;)

Gosh, you people seem to go out of your way to avoid children! They do have adult only cruises and I hope that is where some of you cruise! Let's not forget that the kids onboard are on vacation too and if adults can booze it up and throw caution to the wind for a good time, than why cant kids? Why does everyone (most) expect kids to act a certain way while cruising? Can they not splash in the pool or giggle and talk louder than normal? So what if they race each other back to the cabin? Kids are entitled to fun too and they have enough rules at home and school so they should be able to have some fun while on vacation! Now there, I said my 2 cents! Btw.....I told my kids they had a "jail" on board if ya didnt behave! LOL!

Gosh, you people seem to go out of your way to avoid children! They do have adult only cruises and I hope that is where some of you cruise! Let's not forget that the kids onboard are on vacation too and if adults can booze it up and throw caution to the wind for a good time, than why cant kids? Why does everyone (most) expect kids to act a certain way while cruising? Can they not splash in the pool or giggle and talk louder than normal? So what if they race each other back to the cabin? Kids are entitled to fun too and they have enough rules at home and school so they should be able to have some fun while on vacation! Now there, I said my 2 cents! Btw.....I told my kids they had a "jail" on board if ya didnt behave! LOL!

Actually I prefer not to be kept awake at night by kids running up and down the hallways talking loudly, which no matter what age is rude and shows a lack of supervision on the parents part. I know this will happen if I cruise in the summer so I don't. I don't enjoy being around loud drunk adults either, and luckily for me I haven't seen very much of that on my cruises.

Terri

I agree with teedee. We cruise in the Fall/Winter, hoping to avoid lots of children. I love children but when I cruise, I like lots of peace and quiet. I've been very fortunate in not having to deal with any loud drunks on any cruises so far. I hope my luck holds out.

Archived