What's on YOUR packing list?

I'll be a first time cruiser in 45 days!!! I can't wait and am dreaming of pure joy on the Adventure of the Seas.

Question for you seasoned cruisers - What's on your packing list? I'm curious to know what you pack and how you pack it. What's in your checked luggage? What's in your carry on? What are the details of your packing, right down to your toothbrush and toothpaste. Help a boy out here!!!

So many questions........Lets see here we go...

Carry on

Pack a change of clothes swimsuit toothbrush and don't forget that toothpaste, mouthwash and all that stuff can't be more than 100 mls meds and valuables,.........suitcases don't always arrive until later in the evening and first night is casual. Hat sunglasses camera video(keep it with you)

In your suitcase

shorts t's bathing suits, undies, socks, golf shirts, short sleeved shirts, dress pants and shirts for formal dining ( usually 2 on a 7 nighter) then a suit & tie is required.

All other toiletries which are more than 100mls have to go in your suitcase

eg..shaving cream, toothpaste,soap,shampoo etc

I always find that making a list helps, and as i pack the stuff i check it off the list.

Don't forget immodium, aspirins, pepto, although you can get it in the shops onboard, they are pretty pricey.

hope this helps

Happy cruising...........you will love it.:D

We always fly in the night before and stay at a hotel. I pack everything in two suitcases. I also divide my clothes between the two (example:1 formal in each, 1 smart casual in each, undies in both, ect...) On the top of my smallest suitcase I pack what I plan to wear the first day on board, my swimsuit and cover-up, toiletires, and p.j.s. The day we board I carry on my smallest suitcase and a beach bag. My beach bag has all my documents, medication, camera, swimsuit, and sunscreen. I usually drop my suitcase off in the room and carry my beach bag with me.

My do not forget to pack item is my over the door shoe organizer for toiletries and little things. It works out the best. Keeps everything handy and out of the way.

If you are traveling with a sig other - try and split your luggage between the two suitcases (and do it with thought - both with formal outfits, etc). We try and sqweeze as much as we can into our carry on (for the flight) in case our luggage is lost. We also fly in a day early to help us put together a carry on for the ship (with liquids) and gives a little cushion in case the airlines lose your luggage.

As far as things to take, I would recommend the clear over the door shoe holder. It is really helpful to organize smaller items since the rooms can be on the small side. We also make sure to take a small pair of scissors (checked luggage) because it always seems there is a thread that needs to be cut or tag to be removed. Also, do yourself a favor and take a powerstrip (we take a cheap one and leave it when we're done). I also highly recommend getting a waterproof case for your mp3 player and waterproof headphones. I got both for about $50. It is great to be in the pool, hot tub or ocean and enjoy some tunes. Also, as cheesy as it sounds, think about a water wallet or something similar if you are planning water activities - I hate soggy stuff.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have a complete packing list....btw we'll be on AOS too, different date!!! I want a full report when you come back!!!

if you seriously want a complete packing list email me:

margaritarose@comcast.net

and I'll send it to you, it's divided by women and men - but here are some of my packing highlights:

1 - color code clothes and shoe, I bring things that all go with black to match my one pair of black dress sandels, my black fllip flops, walking shoes....thats all the shoes I bring. I bring my oldest and wore out running shoes, at cruise end, I throw them away, more space in the suitcase!

2 - I pack my carry on as if I know they will lost my luggage!!! I pack stuff I can wear in case and that will be light and easy to pack.

3 - I bring fun extras like a mini pair of binoculars, landyard, mini first aide kit (dont bring all of those extras they say to bring) keep it simple!

4 - Pack light........then take things out again.......

Enjoy

We always pack a flash light, scissors, all our meds in the suitcase (tylenol, immodium, peptobismol, alka setlzer, ) we hope we don't need them but we take all our over the counter stuff.

Bug spray, is another biggie.

Have fun.

Last year we did a 15 night cruise plus 4 nights on land and were flying so we had to really think how we packed. For my carryon I put things into them that i will use or need. I have a rolling back pack that has several compartments. I have change of clothes bathing suit, I bring my own beach towel. I like a big one and the cruise lines don't have those. I bring any meds, electronics like IPOD, electronic games, camera video cam. We usaully watch the weather to see waht it will be. It was quite chill for us in late Sept in LA like low 60's so we needed a jacket. No acess to your cabin until 1pm. Later in the day it was quite chilly. I normally wear flip flops in florida so that is what I wear when boarding.

Non carryon- After 24 cruises you learn what you will use and not use. I used to have an outfit for everyday. You will not need this. I brought several capri's and black stretchy travlers pants and black tops that can be mixed or matched. I have brought some tropical shirts with a plain colered t to go under it and I have 3 sweaters I bring and 2 tropical outfits. We each have a hanging travel bag that has numerous compartments. I buy the travel size lotions and showere gel. I love Bath and Body works at the end of the cruise I throw them away. My shampoo and conditioner goes into 2 zip lock bags and by the end of 2 weeks it was thrown away too. I have a shoe hanger that hung in the closet it hangs in the closest and hubby and i share it. it takes up very little space and stays in the suitcasewhen we don't travel.

Lexi

So many questions........Lets see here we go...

Carry on

Pack a change of clothes swimsuit toothbrush and don't forget that toothpaste, mouthwash and all that stuff can't be more than 100 mls meds and valuables,.........suitcases don't always arrive until later in the evening and first night is casual. Hat sunglasses camera video(keep it with you)

In your suitcase

shorts t's bathing suits, undies, socks, golf shirts, short sleeved shirts, dress pants and shirts for formal dining ( usually 2 on a 7 nighter) then a suit & tie is NOT required.

All other toiletries which are more than 100mls have to go in your suitcase

eg..shaving cream, toothpaste,soap,shampoo etc

I always find that making a list helps, and as i pack the stuff i check it off the list.

Don't forget immodium, aspirins, pepto, although you can get it in the shops onboard, they are pretty pricey.

hope this helps

Happy cruising...........you will love it.:D

Leave the formal stuff at the house. Try packing everything in a wheeled luggage 11" deep x 17" wide and about 25" to 30" long and one smaller all purpose bag. You can carry it on yourself. It makes everything easier, getting on and off the ship, no checking luggage. Easy to do the early departure. No waiting for checked luggage.

As little as possible. We are getting better, packing less and sending shorts, tees to the laundry. We have come back home with so many cloths not used. You will see and pack too much. I find the shoes is a big issue. Walking, casual, sandles and formal. times three for us. Careful with the weight of your cases. Check your airline. I think it is max 50-55 lbs and I have been stung with charges coming home with extra prizes.

I'll go the other way and tell you things you don't need, at least from this male's perspective. Are you bringing lots of electronic gadgets? If not, then 1.) Don't bring the power strip. There is a plug at the desk that you can plug two things into. My shaver is charged before I leave home so I don't have to worry about charging that. I don't want or need to use my cell phone so I don't have to charge that. I don't bring an MP3 player (they have live music, why would I want to listen to my MP3) so I don't have to charge that. 2.) Don't bring the laptop! You are on vacation! You do not need to be in touch with work. If you absolutely have to send/receive an e-mail, use the internet café. If you think you need it to upload pictures, buy another memory card instead. 3.) Leave the towel home. The cruise line provides them and yes, you can take them off the ship for shore excursions. 4.) And this will probably only work for guys, leave the soap and shampoo home. The cruise line provides that also. I know most females will not agree but I don't care what brand or smell or flavor:) any of that stuff is. As long as it does the job (and it does) the stuff they provide is fine with me. 5.) Leave one or two changes of clothes home. You don't need to pack all those things. You can wear the same shirt and or pants to dinner on more than one night. Your SO will notice but nobody else will.

Lets see....

15 of the same ratty red t-shirts so I can go up on deck at 5:00 a.m. and save all the poolside chairs.

Little bottle of booze wrapped and hidden so nobody will find them so I don't have to pay the crazy prices at the bar!

My best pair of ripped jeans and baseball hat for formal night!

That should about do it!!:D

Leave the formal stuff at the house. Try packing everything in a wheeled luggage 11" deep x 17" wide and about 25" to 30" long and one smaller all purpose bag. You can carry it on yourself. It makes everything easier, getting on and off the ship, no checking luggage. Easy to do the early departure. No waiting for checked luggage.

See now that is why cruising is changing.........no more dress up nights:cool: I really like a sharp dressed man....I was on a carnival cruise and was disgusted at what i saw in the dining room, absolutely no class. I am not saying a tux but a suit and tie would be nice:D

JMHO don't flame me;)

The below site should help you with all your packing needs.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do;jsessionid=0000x3v4RkEWdK6P-135Zkz61oq:12h3g0fq2

Just be sure to do the on-line check-in and carry all important documents with you. You'll need your set sail pass (print after doing online check-in, passport and credit card (used for online check-in).

Happy Sailing!

One more VERY important thing I forgot. Take individual hand wipes. There will be times you want to freshen up while in port and bathrooms might not be handy. My husband laughed at me for taking them and by the end of the cruise I was a hero :)

We always pack a flash light, scissors, all our meds in the suitcase (tylenol, immodium, peptobismol, alka setlzer, ) we hope we don't need them but we take all our over the counter stuff.

Bug spray, is another biggie.

Have fun.

Only one flashlight? Who decides who gets the light in case of an emergency?

My 'Must Takes':

Clorox disinfecting wipes to wipe down door knobs, faucet, sink and all hard surfaces. I believe in this easy precaution if it can help us avoid getting sick! We're using carry-ons only for our Jan 17 cruise, so to save space I have put a couple of dozen in a ziploc bag since I couldn't find the softpack.

We use the ship furnished liquid soap and shampoo, but always take my own conditioner - - the results are the same as home. I take the samples of my skincare regimen that I have collected from my favorite department stores so I the same products, but just enough!

3" x 3" sticky notes for leaving msgs on traveling companion's doors, notes for stateroom attendant, etc.

Small flashlight w/fresh batteries.

Updated cell-phone telephone directory. I take the time to enter any numbers and e-mail address I may need on this trip including vendor excursions, my TA, ALL the airlines that would be available in the event my flight is cancelled/delayed, etc. Not that I will be able to use my cell, necessarily, but I will have the number to dial locally (when ashore) or an e-mail address that I can use from the ship.

Happy Sailing!

Lets see....

15 of the same ratty red t-shirts so I can go up on deck at 5:00 a.m. and save all the poolside chairs.

Little bottle of booze wrapped and hidden so nobody will find them so I don't have to pay the crazy prices at the bar!

My best pair of ripped jeans and baseball hat for formal night!

That should about do it!!:D

LOL that is too funny!

After our last cruise, I made up a packing list for our next cruise on the way home. We packed light, but we still had way more than we needed. We ended up not going to the dining room every night -- in fact, we don't think we're going to do dinner in the dining room in the future. And we're not going to bother with all the extras that are so frequently recommended: power strips, shoe organizers. We're streamlining things.

Seriously, this is MY packing list for my next cruise, based upon what we actually USED on our last cruise -- it's for a one-week cruise (and includes the night-before hotel needs), and we'll have to have laundry done midway through. I figure it'll fit into a small rolling suitcase and a tote bag -- nothing will have to be checked:

travel docs, ID, cash, credit card in a wristlet wallet

camera with charger and extra memory card

ipod with several books on tape loaded (in otter box)

cell phone

tote bag for shore trips

antibacterial wipes

mini-bottles of rum

2 pairs shorts + 4 shirts

1 capri outfit

1 casual dress

3 swimsuits / coverups

1 nightgown

jewelry and hair accessories

casual sandals

Keds tennis shoes

water shoes

toiletry items

medicines

sunscreen and sunglasses

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on these forums! I just got back a couple weeks ago from the Liberty of the seas western caribbean and heres what my packing list has been fine-tuned to over the last couple cruises. I just bring one of the larger sized wheely suitcases and carry it on to the ship, if you let the porters take it you might not see it until late the first night. They'll probably try to stop you but don't let them, pretty much any bag will fit through the machine unless its crazy thick. On the plane I carry-on 2 or 3 of my sets of swimshorts/t-shirts in a messenger bag with bare essential toiletries/camera/etc and wear something fairly nice when boarding just in case the big bag gets lost during the flight. Worst case scenario is I wear shorts and t-shirts the whole trip and have to rent a tux last-minute or eat at the windjammer every night, which isn't that bad of a scenario considering.

As far as what to pack, I usually bring this and end up not wearing everything since I like to have choices. Keep in mind I have to wear something different every day, if you don't mind repeating you can cut the list in half (except for socks, gross).

-3 button-up short sleeve shirts (or change to t-shirts, I wouldn't wear these to dinner I just like them during the day and for going into port)

-4 t-shirts

-6 pairs board shorts (don't bring any shorts you wouldn't swim in, swap some of these for speedos if you are single and look good in them since you'll be competing with europeans for the women on the boat)

-4 long sleeve button-up shirts (just wad them as tiny as you can and send them out to be ironed ASAP)

-4 pairs pants (usually a couple jeans and a couple chinos)

-1 blazer (one that goes nice with both jeans and with the chinos)

-8 pairs of socks (mix of black & white)

-as much underwear as you need if you wear it

-velour sweatsuit, perfect to hit the windjammer in after a long night

-3-5 pairs shoes, at least flip flops/sandals, converse or similar, and something formal

-sunglasses! several different ones.

dress sharp every night for dinner, button up long sleeve shirt with jeans is good for casual night. I got away with nice jeans, a tshirt, a blazer and converse on a formal night last time though. I probably won't be getting tuxes anymore since the formal nights aren't as formal as they used to be. Just look good and remember the cameras are everywhere.

toiletries:

some morning before you leave, make a list of everything you use as you are getting ready to go to work. then bring everything on that list. plus if you use different hair stuff on different days or dont shave every day, bring all that stuff too.

also bring

-sunscreen (continuous spray is my favorite)

-motion sickness pills if you need them (or don't know if you'll need them)

-whatever you take for hangovers

-aloe (spray with lidocaine is my favorite)

-cologne/perfume (or use/abuse the testers at the shop onboard)

-nail clippers

extras:

-magnet/notepad/the little word things you can rearrange to make funny sentences/magnetic tic-tac-toe/the doctor is in/out sign, anything you can put on your door that will make it easy to find. people rearrange the little words and write on the note pad. its fun.

-printed bedsheet in case of toga party. everyone else will be wearing white. be the guy with the kids pirate bedsheet pattern.

-beach towel if you have room and don't want to pay 25.00 if you lose one

-bundle of one dollar bills for tips

-torch-style windproof lighter if you smoke or if you want to help out smokers who can't get their cigarette lit on the windy deck

-if you smoke anything besides camel or marlboro, bring enough for the cruise. their tobacco prices are awesome, their selection is crap.

-waterproof wallet, mine fits my seapass card, my diamond lounge card, a credit card, 5 or 6 bills, a lighter, 5 cigarettes and a cuban cigarillo and I can jump into the hot tub without having to keep an eye on my stuff.

-ipod AND CHARGER THAT PLUGS INTO WALL SOCKET

Thats about it, the last cruise was the first time I have gone and not had any "i wish i would have brought" moments. Well except my guitar...

-Christian

If you're climbing the falls in Jamaica, bring your own water shoes unless you want to rent already-been-used-ones there (ugh). We brought 2 way radios for our teens and they helped to keep in touch with them altho there were alot of others on the frequencies. We definitely bring our own travel coffee mugs to have hot coffee/tea in the morning.

Have fun!

Archived