Getting to Iguazu Falls

Cruiser Cats

http://www.soliguazu.com.ar/ing_turismo_aventura.htm

This is the touring company I used in Iguassu. They picked me up at the airport and at my hotel every day for the 5 days I was there. They arranged everything for me, moonlight walk, day taxi to Brazilian side, Jesuit ruins (as seen in The Missionary,) everything. My travel agent in Buenos Aires arranged a couple of things for me with them and they made more suggestions once I got there. I even did the zip line!

Where is the zip line? Which side?

I checked the moon charts and it appears we will miss the full moon: I hear the falls are quite spectacular under the moon.

Five days ... must have been wonderful .... we only have one and a half days and two nights so we are rather limited in what we will have time to do. We are being met at the airport and heading off the the falls before going to the hotel .... every minute counts.

Thanks for the travel agent info.

Jim

How do we check dates on the moon chart? We will be there the first week of February 09, around the 4th and 5th. I need to check the dates.

Where is the zip line? Which side?

Argentina. I have to warn you that the zip line is very unsophisticated - first you have to climb the tree. At the other end you jump down, kind of like a short bunjee jump. For me, the hardest part was climbing up the tall tree. I am terrified of heights and by the time I got to the top my legs(and the rest of me) were like jelly. I zoomed along the long at full speed and did not break until the very end.

You are in a harness attached to a line when you go up the tree. They asked me if I wanted to be pulled up, but I said no, let me climb. The lady in front of me missed her footing and started to swing in the air and they just pulled her up the rest of the way.

Argentina. I have to warn you that the zip line is very unsophisticated - first you have to climb the tree. At the other end you jump down, kind of like a short bunjee jump. For me, the hardest part was climbing up the tall tree. I am terrified of heights and by the time I got to the top my legs(and the rest of me) were like jelly. I zoomed along the long at full speed and did not break until the very end.

You are in a harness attached to a line when you go up the tree. They asked me if I wanted to be pulled up, but I said no, let me climb. The lady in front of me missed her footing and started to swing in the air and they just pulled her up the rest of the way.

I think we will skip the zip line here.

We have been reading good feedback on Carlos Schenone-Private tour guide in Buenos Aires. We are planning our 4-day (pre cruise) visit to Buenos Aires in March 2009 and would be grateful if someone can provide us with contact for Carlos.

We too will be visiting but we booked our 2 night excursion via Brendan Tours. They were reasonable. We are staying 1 night somewhere around the airport (I hope) and then fly out the next AM up to the falls. Since we are NOT returning back to the BA hotel, does anyone have suggestions how to handle/store our luggage. We are only planning on taking an overnight/carryon bag. We are staying at the Sheraton at the falls and will be visiting both sides. And we are lucky - we will have the full moon. I can't wait!!! We will be sailing on the Radiance.

We too will be visiting but we booked our 2 night excursion via Brendan Tours. They were reasonable. We are staying 1 night somewhere around the airport (I hope) and then fly out the next AM up to the falls. Since we are NOT returning back to the BA hotel, does anyone have suggestions how to handle/store our luggage. We are only planning on taking an overnight/carryon bag. We are staying at the Sheraton at the falls and will be visiting both sides. And we are lucky - we will have the full moon. I can't wait!!! We will be sailing on the Radiance.

Hi, what is the link to Brendan Tours? Are they handling the air and hotel, or just the tours to the falls including Brazil side? Right now we are confirmed direct with the Sheraton. I was planning on booking the airlines myself. Since we plan to go direct from the US (including changing airports), we are better off handling the air ourselves in case there is a delay. The flights are coming up at about $200.00 each way for the times we prefer.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived