Fantasy Class VS. Conquest Class

dnice1979

can someone tell me what is this difference between these two ships class.

I sailed on the Imagination last month I am planning on sailing on the Freedom later on this year.

Does anyone know the type of enviorment on conquest class ships

can someone tell me what is this difference between these two ships class.

I sailed on the Imagination last month I am planning on sailing on the Freedom later on this year.

Does anyone know the type of enviorment on conquest class ships

The biggest difference is the size : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

Conquest class has a supper club, fish and chips place.. Freedom has a movie screen outside too.

ok

Next question I am 28 years old and i will be traveling alone on this ship in december do you think I will feel out of place or can pretty much expect the same atomosphere as i did on The Imagination.

...additionaly, the Fantasy class ships have 54 balcony cabins very closely divided between Category 11 and Category 12. The Conquest class ships have 555 balcony cabins.

Bottom line, you can get a balcony cabin on a Conquest class ship for far less money than you can on a Fantasy class.

That, and you get the wonderful fish and chips restaurant on deck 10!!!

I have cruised on the Fantasy, the Conquest, and the Glory (another Conquest class ship). Based on my one time on the Fantasy, I have to say that the whole atmosphere and attitude is different on the smaller class of ships than on the Conquest class. I could be wrong, but I believe the average age of passengers on the Fantasy would be quite a bit younger than on the Conquest. This is not to say that a person of any age couldn't fit in and have a great time on either ship, but that the two classes of ships are just different. The Fantasy seems to be much more lax in everything, and the Conquest staff seems more professional. As for me, I MUCH prefer the Conquest class!! However, I will be cruising on the Ecstasy (Fantasy class) on Feb. 9 and hope to cruise on the Conquest in March. I decided to try the Ecstasy this time, and see if I like her any better than I did the Fantasy. ;)

Edited to add that the cat. 11 suites on the Fantasy don't even come close to comparing to the cat. 11's on the Conquest. I don't think you get your money's worth with a cat. 11 on the Fantasy. That's why I booked my first OV on this upcoming Ecstasy cruise.

ok

Next question I am 28 years old and i will be traveling alone on this ship in december do you think I will feel out of place or can pretty much expect the same atomosphere as i did on The Imagination.

I sailed by myself on the Miracle and the Imagination, and with my family on the Valor in October. There were only 26 people in the 21-29 age group on my Dec Miracle sailing (I was 29). Luckily, we all found each other and had a blast. The Imagination sailing in May was almost all younger single people just looking for a great time (I had turned 30 by this cruise; many of the people on this cruise were Carnival PVPs and their friends). Completely different atmosphere. I was very happy to have my family with me on the Valor cruise. The bars and clubs were pretty dead at night. Lots of couples, very few singles. I met a lot of very nice people, but just a different atmosphere. There is a different atmosphere on the short cruises vs the longer - I think that is more relevant than the ship. You will still have fun; it will just be a different feel.

size, and available balconies (which, on fantasy class are on available for ph suites and mini suites...and there is a huge difference between the 2).

i have not been on freedom. i did just come off liberty though (also a conquest class vessel). i thought the ship was very pretty, but i have an affinity for the fantasy class ships, despite the lack of balconies. i don't know exactly why...but i do.

i like the combo sports/cigar bar (not that i smoke cigars, lol), i like the outdoor beverage stations on lido (which conquest class does not have, save for coffee aft...and i missed that feature).

I have cruised on the Fantasy, the Conquest, and the Glory (another Conquest class ship). Based on my one time on the Fantasy, I have to say that the whole atmosphere and attitude is different on the smaller class of ships than on the Conquest class... The Fantasy seems to be much more lax in everything, and the Conquest staff seems more professional. As for me, I MUCH prefer the Conquest class!!

I couldn't agree more. There is a more personal feeling from the crew and the passengers on the Fantasy class. The same guys you meet at the pool are down the hall from you. On the Conquest, I rarely saw the same people twice.

That being said, I too prefer the Conquest. More activities, more food options, more live music... (You get the idea.) However, I usually vacation with a three other couples. If it were just my wife and I, we would probably do a Fantasy ship.

I want to have and possibly bond with more people my own age. Maybe I should just stick to the fantasy class ships for now. I don't was to feel like I am alone even though I know I won't be.

Are there any more suggestions that one can offer me.

All the fantasy class ships are all shorter cruises which make them inexpensive compared to the conquest class ships which sail longer.

This is one of the reasons Carnival attracts the younger crowd. The availability of shorter inexpensive cruises.

It's still a crap shoot on who will be on your sailing. I suggest if you want a younger crowd I would sail during spring break on any class ship.

I want to have and possibly bond with more people my own age. Maybe I should just stick to the fantasy class ships for now. I don't was to feel like I am alone even though I know I won't be.

Are there any more suggestions that one can offer me.

IMO the number of Balconies greatly changes the daytime atmosphere. We really enjoy ships with lots of Balconies, even if we don't have one, because it generally means the pool deck will be less crowded. This may not necessarily be a plus for a solo cruiser.

I would say that there is generally more to do on the larger ships and it would stand to reason that the singles events would be better attended.

We have made our best freinds on shore excursions booked through the ship. Share a whole day adventure with a group of 30 to 40 people and you are likely to find someone you get along with on the ship.

All the fantasy class ships are all shorter cruises which make them inexpensive compared to the conquest class ships which sail longer.

This is one of the reasons Carnival attracts the younger crowd. The availability of shorter inexpensive cruises.

It's still a crap shoot on who will be on your sailing. I suggest if you want a younger crowd I would sail during spring break on any class ship.

I wanted to take a longer cruise as a present to myself for graduated. But now my friends want me to come along with them in december.

Maybe I could for go the longer one until 2009 that would give me more time to save for it.

Question

Has anybody done the same intinerary twice.

I wanted to take a longer cruise as a present to myself for graduated. But now my friends want me to come along with them in december.

Maybe I could for go the longer one until 2009 that would give me more time to save for it.

Question

Has anybody done the same intinerary twice.

Well, you could do a B2B on a Fantasy class ship.

I did the same itinerary twice, only 9 months apart, but different ships. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. There's so much to do in the different ports that you can't possibly do it all the first time.

Well, you could do a B2B on a Fantasy class ship.

I did the same itinerary twice, only 9 months apart, but different ships. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. There's so much to do in the different ports that you can't possibly do it all the first time.

I look at the schedule for a possible b2b but the schedule is not flexible for me. Hoefully I will lock in something by next month. At the rate I am going I am not going to be going on the 8 day on the freedom because of the cost so I might be cancelling that one.

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments

Archived