Info on Coral Princess

Cruise Fanatic

My partner and I are considering booking on the Coral Princess - Panama Canal April '09. It has been a number of years since I sailed on Princess.

We are looking at a Catagory AF cabin (mini suite).

My question is would like some input to anyone who has (1) sailed on the Coral Princess (2) info as to the mini suite from anyone who has booked said catagory. I am interested in this particular sailing, because of the Ports of call, and the number of sea days.

Thanks for any info...

We have sailed on a number of ships but Coral is our all time favorite. It is the perfect size. There are less people than on the Grand class ships so it just seems a bit more spacious. We had a mini suite and it was very comfortable. I felt the service, food, and entertainment were all great. I would cruise on this ship in a minute.

We too sailed the Coral and agree it is our favorite "Princess". The "secret garden" part of the Spa is a special..and well worth the extra $$...spot in sea-going paradise.

The only problem with the mini-suite is once you cruise in one you don't want to go back to a (excuse me) "plain ole' balcony" . (The shower and bath tub alone make it worth the difference)

My partner and I are considering booking on the Coral Princess - Panama Canal April '09. It has been a number of years since I sailed on Princess.

My question is would like some input to anyone who has (1) sailed on the Coral Princess (2) info as to the mini suite from anyone who has booked said catagory. I am interested in this particular sailing, because of the Ports of call, and the number of sea days.

Thanks for any info...

Just remember that the AF category mini has no balcony. The missing space is incorporated into the room. :)

There are only 8 of these 4 on Baja and 4 on Caribe all the way forward.

My parents had one on Baja 2 years ago. It was very comfortable, convenient to all the amenities forward like the buffet and the theatre. They enjoyed the extra space. The only negative and it wasn't a big deal, is that when you're in a port where you anchor off-shore, you'll definitely know when they drop the anchor! It's pretty loud. But it only lasts a minute and other than that my parents liked the cabin.

Thanks for any info...

We were on Dolphin deck, 715 when we were on the Coral. It was easy to access the deck on the stern and got an excellent viewing point going through the locks in the canal. I don't know what the category was as my son had booked the cabins. He was right next door in D711. It was very quiet back there too. I would stay there again next time I go on the Coral.

We were on Dolphin deck, 715 when we were on the Coral. It was easy to access the deck on the stern and got an excellent viewing point going through the locks in the canal. I don't know what the category was as my son had booked the cabins. He was right next door in D711. It was very quiet back there too. I would stay there again next time I go on the Coral.

What is nice too is that there are identical viewing areas forward too. :D

Thanks for any info...

I'm booked on the Coral in Dec. 2008 in the minisuite D503. I'm also looking forward to the ship - have heard many nice things.

Twotogoanywhere: I love the spa, but have not been in a Thermal Suite. Can you elaborate on the spa, especially the Thermal Suite and the "secret garden" (what's that?). If there's an extra daily charge, how much is it and do you feel it's worth it? Thanks.

Cruise Fanatic: Here is a website that can help you choose a great room. http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html. It's correct that the AF category is an oceanview minisuite with no balcony. It is bigger than the other minisuites because of the lack of a balcony. If you want a balcony, then check out this website carefully first. Aloha and Baja balconies are smaller than Caribe, Dolphin, or Emerald. Good luck.

Wife and I were on Coral to Alaska in 2006. We had a mini suite on the Baja Deck cabin B210. We enjoyed the ship very much. It was nice having a bath instead of a shower only. There was plenty of room for all my wife's stuff. I would cruise again on the Coral in a heartbeat....

We've sailed the Coral for both Alaska and the Canal. I couldn't imagine doing either one of these itineraires without a balcony. If you can at all afford it, go for a mini with the balcony, you won't be disappointed. The Coral is a "special" ship to me, I love sailing on her. Last time we boarded it felt like I was coming home!

The spa pool area is very nice since it's enclosed most of the time. It's very quiet and shady for those of us that don't enjoy baking in the sun. There always is a nice lounger available, it's quiet and very relaxing. Now that I think of it, it's similar to the Sanctuary on the larger ships but you don't have to pay! The loungers have nice thick pads which I can always fall asleep on during nice calm sea days.

I'm booked on the Coral in Dec. 2008 in the minisuite D503. I'm also looking forward to the ship - have heard many nice things.

Twotogoanywhere: I love the spa, but have not been in a Thermal Suite. Can you elaborate on the spa, especially the Thermal Suite and the "secret garden" (what's that?). If there's an extra daily charge, how much is it and do you feel it's worth it? Thanks.

Cruise Fanatic: Here is a website that can help you choose a great room. http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html. It's correct that the AF category is an oceanview minisuite with no balcony. It is bigger than the other minisuites because of the lack of a balcony. If you want a balcony, then check out this website carefully first. Aloha and Baja balconies are smaller than Caribe, Dolphin, or Emerald. Good luck.

The secret garden is actually part of the Thermal Suite..and was dubbed such on our Coral cruise (and maybe still is). It is the space of "quiet and serenity" with warmed tile chaise lounges, rain forest shower, steam room and sauna. The Coral's suite differs from the Star's in size and atmosphere. On the Star we were tempted to spend the extra $$ but tried it out first.Hmmmm...I was surprised by the lack of privacy on the Star..there I was in the rain shower reaching outside of it for my towel when "Oh HELLO!" There was a naked gentleman entering the shower next to mine. Not exactly my kind of thing. The whole spa concept on the Coral ..pool et all...is more inviting and relaxing ...and private... The hot stone massage as well as the Swedish massage are worth saving pennies for. $$? I think for the 10 day cruise it was $150 for both my husband and me. Unlimited time (trust me..I could have spent the WHOLE day there...every day) .

I just sailed on the Coral in April 2007. Loved the cruise. The Panama Canal is awesome and everyone should do it at least once. The Canal transit was amazing.. Really enjoyed Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel and Limon was ok. Quite poor.

We had a mini suite, Dolphin deck 616. It's a nice cabin with a balcony but not covered. No sunbathing could be done. lol. But I did not like the food. And most of my group of 12 didn't like the food either. I've since heard numerous complaints from many others about the food on the Coral. Until we got to Panama, it was just awful. We kept saying they must have thrown the previous Chef overboard there as it improved slightly from then on. But not as good to me as Carnival. Too "foo-foo"... Wierd choices... Not my cup of tea.. But the cruise was wonderful......

Archived