All things Independence of the Seas

Hi Andy :D

Sorry I hope I didnt sound rude,it wasnt intentional. I just meant that if you like to know all the different lounge names etc before we get onboard I have put them in the first post of the thread.

See you in a few weeks :D

No Liz not at all, please do not worry. :D

Thanks Andy :D

I had read the report before but couldnt get the videos to work so thought they were broken or something....duh silly me it was my laptop....today for some reason I was able to watch the Genesis one...really cool ...many thanks for that :D

Morning Andy :D

If you read the list at the start of the thread you can see all the names for lounges etc on there :D

Thanks for posting the seatrials date :D

6 weeks time and we will be awake and getting all excited to board the Independence of the Seas :D

Hello Liz,

If possible when your on the Independence, could you please try and take a picture of the interior and exterior of an owners suite on deck 10 not asking for much, but theres a drink in it for you if we ever are on the same cruise

Hello Liz,

If possible when your on the Independence, could you please try and take a picture of the interior and exterior of an owners suite on deck 10 not asking for much, but theres a drink in it for you if we ever are on the same cruise

Hey no problem no drinkie needed :D

Usually we get a tour round some of the cabins and I think an Owners suite was one of them last year on LB so fingers crossed we get the same this time :D

Hi all

Just checking on all new posts - great to see that everyone is getting excited.

I have read that the launch party set for 26th April - and this may seem like a daft question and I may have missed the answer on another thread - but does anyone know when the IOS will actually be in Southampton? A few days before launch?

I was planning to go down and have a look and take piccies - with my son.

Thanks - getting very excited now...........

Lisa:D

For those going to Southampton on 26th or 27th April. :D

12noon-6pm Sat 26th

12noon-10pm Sun 27th

Free Admission

You can join in the fun of the Launch Celebrations at the Mayflower Park where you will find , Fun Fair, Caribbean Beach, Fireworks(Sun),Win a luxury Cruise, Live Music, Caribbean Bar, Street Theatre...oh yea and see the beautiful Independence of the Seas :D

:D Thanks Liz

sounds like a fun day - for the launch...........

getting closer :cool:

Have a nice Easter break everyone - hope the weather improves in the UK - tipping it down here in Fleet (Hampshire) and getting rather cold Brrrrr

Lisa

:D Thanks Liz

sounds like a fun day - for the launch...........

getting closer :cool:

Have a nice Easter break everyone - hope the weather improves in the UK - tipping it down here in Fleet (Hampshire) and getting rather cold Brrrrr

Lisa

Weather pants here also, glad I am working today..... what Bank Holiday:mad:

Just a wee reminder for those going down to see the Independence on the 26th April, the band Scouting for Girls will be playing live on the ship at 5pm. Although there are no big screens you should still be able to hear them even if you are not on the ship :D

There will be one cabin in each category open for viewing on all the Pre-Inaugural events.:D

hi guys:) haven't been on since liz's b'day:D

so am i understanding what i'm reading???? all you folks from the uk will be able to actually board the ship??? well.....someone had better post a lot of pictures!!!!:p

No sorry I just realised I wasnt clear in my previous post..:o .what I meant was ...all those invited on a Pre-Inaugural here in UK will be able to view the cabins.

I have my camera,batteries and memory cards all ready for packing,although by the time I get on I am sure there will be tons of pics already posted.

I am glad to see you posting Cheryl...I was getting worried when I hadnt seen you posting here,hope all is well with you.:D

i'm still around. my independence cruise isn't until new years so i've been lurking here and believe it or not still "chatting" with the folks from my previous cruise:D

well the uk has 1 more person there tonight....my son alex went over for spring break. he's spending the week with our best friends (whom we happened to meet on cruise critic almost 4 years ago )very long and very happy story:)

Hi

The first is to cruzobsessed

*I have now become obsessed with the little video clip at the bottom of your postings with the penguins. Is that a real video of real penguins or from movie? Trivial, but now my husband and I both are trying to figure it out. He says not real, I think real. (it's Sat morn, this is ok to do, right?):)

*2nd, I am booked on the 11/07 cruise on Independence and although I have asked this question in a couple different places and have gotten some response, I simply cannot make my mind up. We have booked 6710 which is an aft balcony. Some have said keep it, one posted pic's of what obstructions may look like. Any other feedback, please. This is our third crusie and 1st balcony. THANKS...

LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!:D

LIke Liz said I would imagine lots of people will have taken pictures before we get on her. She is in Oslo the week before she is in Southampton so you should start to see people posting pictures from around 20th April. :D