All things Independence of the Seas

My understanding is that Sir Steve Redgrave has a certain number of cabins which have been allocated for the charity to sell and obviously make money for said charity. By no means does the charity have the entire ship, Royal Caribbean has cabins they can allocate to VIP’s and dignitaries as they see fit. The sailing on the 30th April is the last pre-inaugural event before the ship enters service proper on the 2nd May. The 30th April sailing will include the official naming ceremony before she sails so should be a real treat for those of us lucky enough to be onboard.

I have been informed I will be on this sailing also, but like Liz I am trying to contain my excitement until I have the invitation in my hand.:)

Hi Peeps

Couple of questions that somebody may be able to answer concerning the Concierge club!

1) It says in What amenities are included in the Concierge Club service? On RC site.

"open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge"

Does "Open bar" mean free pre dinner drinks?:confused:

and

2) Please Note: On Freedom-class ships, Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members have exclusive access to similar amenities in The Diamond Club.

Does that mean C&A members can not use the Concierge Club on Independence as it's a freedom class ship?:confused:

1)Open bar means free drinks usually between 5.30-8.30pm :D

Thxs for the quick reply, so best book the late dinner, and take full advantage then?LOL, Do they have any spare wheelchairs around so the other half can take me in one if I have to many freebies!? LOL Tell you the truth, I only like one short before dinner and a good bottle of wine with dinner, and I suspect even if it's OK to have more than one my better half will ration me to my usual!:(

I just came off the Enchantment of the Seas & the best bar waiter will be joining the Independence in September. His name is Gunawan or you can call him "G". He worked in the Schooner bar on Enchantment but whatever bar gets his services will be lucky.

Have fun & say hi to "G" for me.

Barbara from Philly

Morning Andy :D

If you read the list at the start of the thread you can see all the names for lounges etc on there :D

Thanks for posting the seatrials date :D

6 weeks time and we will be awake and getting all excited to board the Independence of the Seas :D

Does anyone know if there will be an outdoor deck seating area outside the Diamond Lounge for D/D+ -- There is one on Liberty but we did not have one on FOS. A pciture from Liberty is attached.

:confused: :confused: :confused: The Freedom of the Seas certainly does have this area. I've been on the Freedom 4 times and have been out on the deck outside the Diamond lounge while on board. The outside deck of the Liberty is identical to the outside deck on the Freedom so I'm confused as to why you say that you didn't have one on the Freedom of the Seas as it certainly does exsist!:cool:

Morning Andy :D

If you read the list at the start of the thread you can see all the names for lounges etc on there :D

Thanks for posting the seatrials date :D

6 weeks time and we will be awake and getting all excited to board the Independence of the Seas :D

Hi Liz,

We are at page 14 now, its a long time since I looked at the start of the thread and all the excitement makes me forget things:D

:confused: :confused: :confused: The Freedom of the Seas certainly does have this area. I've been on the Freedom 4 times and have been out on the deck outside the Diamond lounge while on board. The outside deck of the Liberty is identical to the outside deck on the Freedom so I'm confused as to why you say that you didn't have one on the Freedom of the Seas as it certainly does exsist!:cool:

The difference is that with the Freedom... there is a sign in the Diamond Lounge that states if you leave there is no re-entry... which can be "overcome" by having someone open the door... or "prop" it open.... and the area outside is for use by anyone....

On the Liberty they have included the area for the Diamond Lounge guests.... don't have a clue about the Independence:confused:

The difference is that with the Freedom... there is a sign in the Diamond Lounge that states if you leave there is no re-entry... which can be "overcome" by having someone open the door... or "prop" it open.... and the area outside is for use by anyone....

On the Liberty they have included the area for the Diamond Lounge guests.... don't have a clue about the Independence:confused:

We're hoping the Independence has the same set up for the outdoor area as Liberty.

Hi Liz,

We are at page 14 now, its a long time since I looked at the start of the thread and all the excitement makes me forget things:D

Hi Andy :D

Sorry I hope I didnt sound rude,it wasnt intentional. I just meant that if you like to know all the different lounge names etc before we get onboard I have put them in the first post of the thread.

See you in a few weeks :D