CP - Starboard or Port?

ktmac

Booking the Eastern Caribbean cruise in March (St. Martin, St. Thomas) and was just curious if anyone had a preference to which side of the ship to book on. I'm sold on the Caribe deck - as I love that its half uncovered. I'm also sold on doing an ultimate balcony dinner at some point while the sunsets.

I'm sure I'm thinking about this way too much... but you all have such good information!

Please confirm on which vessel you will be cruising

CB - Caribbean Princess

CO - Coral Princess

CP - Sea Princess

DI - Diamond Princess

NP - Golden Princess

AP - Grand Princess

SA - Sapphire Princess

TP - Star Princess

DP - Dawn Princess

IP - Island Princess

SP - Sun Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

GP - Regal Princess

RP - Royal Princess

TA - Tahitian Princess

There was a post that I read the other day on this topic but I can't find it now. He/she said that they had a starboard balcony and when in port they got to see oil tankers and shopping districts. Port side showed the ocean/bay area with sailboatsin the water. I guess it is personal preference. Check the reviews on Caribbean Princess. I think that is where I saw it.

Booking the Eastern Caribbean cruise in March (St. Martin, St. Thomas) and was just curious if anyone had a preference to which side of the ship to book on. I'm sold on the Caribe deck - as I love that its half uncovered. I'm also sold on doing an ultimate balcony dinner at some point while the sunsets.

I'm sure I'm thinking about this way too much... but you all have such good information!

Are you on the Sea Princess (CP?) If so, Caribe deck isn't much different from the other decks. All of the balconies are "cut out" of the hull so that even though they're small, they're much more private than on, for instance, the Grand-class ships. All of the balconies on the Sea Princess are completely covered.

The side of the ship that has the best view in port may vary with the port. For instance, if the ship is docking at Charlotte Amalie at the Havensight area, the view of the harbor will most likely be on the port side. Not sure what the view is if docked at Crown Bay, but will be glad to tell you if we have that as our dockage in a couple of weeks.

As for St. Maarten, the view also might be better on the port side while in port.

Our choice of which side to pick a cabin is determined by what the direction of the voyage is relative to the islands we leave from and pass by. I believe that on the CB voyages the best views for this will be on the starboard side.

I would like to hear from someone that has taken this itinerary to verify this. If I'm wrong about that, I am sorry. Regardless, we are going anyway and going to love our cabin on the starboard side - with our foo-foo drink - and a cigar!!!

We were on the port side of the DOlphin deck almost mid ship. We had great views of the harbours of both St. Maarten and St. Thomas. We got some amazing pictures of the harbours and one with a rainbow right off our balcony.

We got the sunrises on the way back up. We did catch a couple of sunrises on the way down from the Deck 7 Promenade starboard side. The sunsets from our balcony were on the way down - but we missed them all cause we were out of the room at that time.

Archived