Can you bring soda on board?

odyzander

So I have seen the threads about not being able to bring alcohol on board or risking the chance it will be confiscated. I was wondering can you bring coke on board. The soda package is a little pricy for coke and I certainly can not justify 2 bucks for a can. We will be traveling with a carry on only and was planning on putting it in my back pack. Will it confiscated as well?

Thanks for the help>

The short answer is no. They will not allow it. The long answer is that many people sneak soda on, but it's mostly Pepsi products since RCI does not provide them. If you want to try, then it's up to you, but you are taking a chance.

If you did try to sneak it and they take it, that's going to cost more in the end, but that's just my thought. To each his own :)

The short answer is no. They will not allow it. The long answer is that many people sneak soda on, but it's mostly Pepsi products since RCI does not provide them. If you want to try, then it's up to you, but you are taking a chance.

If you did try to sneak it and they take it, that's going to cost more in the end, but that's just my thought. To each his own :)

I think to tell the OP no is a complete misrepresentation.

People have called RCI and asked if they could bring on juice boxes for children and have been told yes. Others have taken 12 packs on during embarking or at a port along the way.

The answer is YES you can. Don't go overboard to give them a reason to deny you it. We took coke products on ourselves without a problem. We also had veggie juice and apple juice.

It is a free country, but when you're onboard it's not anymore. You're subject to the rules.

That said, I just scoured the RCI site for the rules on bringing pop onbaord and I can't find the one that was there a year, or so ago. I don't know if there was a policy change, or what, but it appears kingsgirl is correct and you can bring soda/pop/Coke onboard now.

Royal Caribbean does not have a policy about bringing soda onboard. We verified this with RC last September. So yes, you can bring soda aboard. We packed 3 12 packs of it in our suitcase along with a case of juice boxes and water bottles. There were no questions asked. RC does reserve the right to inspect anything that you bring onboard and reserves the right to confiscate anything inappropriate. In their alcohol policy, they say that they reserve the right to inspect containers of coke, water, etc. for alcohol and will confiscate the alcohol if found. You're not doing anything sneaky by bringing soda, water, juice, etc onboard.

You can even ask your cabin attendant to clean out your fridge so you can store your soda/whatever in it.

Hi

On the question of fridges. Does every stateroom have a fridge and is it stocked (like a mini bar) and you are charged accordingly to what you consume??

No, not every room has a fridge.

In rooms that do have fridges, they are stocked like a mini-bar and you are charged for what you consume.

My last cruise was in an inside stateroom on the Vision, and our room did not have a fridge. There were some sodas and bottled waters on the desktop; I asked to have them removed because (a) we needed the space and (b) I didn't want to have them out there tempting my 22yo son (since I would've ended up paying for them). I know my oceanview on the Explorer had one (we saved our chocolate-covered strawberries from Portofino in it), and don't remember whether our inside on the Jewel had one.

We just went on the Sovereign this weekend and I walked on the ship with a 6 pack of 7-up, 4 bottles of Diet Coke, and 2 - 32oz containers of juice. No one questioned it at all. Could have had booze mixed in them and no one would have even known. So yes, you can take soda. I take it all the time since I want caffeine free and DH wants the 7up and juice to mix with his drinks.

I just got off the Voyager 1/20. We took a case of Pepsi and put a luggage tag on it. It arrived with our luggage, no problem. No smuggling required.

Several people around our room apparently did the same thing judging by the empty cartons I saw in the stewards' trash carts in the hall. Plus, we talked to several people who opening brought on soda as well as others who 'smuggled'.

We also brought on a case of water in our carryon bag. Again, no problems. They simply asked us what was in our carryon when they xrayed it, and we said 'water' and we walked thru with no issues.

Archived