balcony

man of many coats

We've had several balconies and the degree of privacy varies. On our first balcony on the Triumph we felt it was very private and we never even heard anyone on either side of us. On the balcony we had on the Valor the lady next door felt it her civic duty to stick her head around the barrier EVERY DAMN TIME she was on the balcony. :eek: It was very annoying and we made sure we were fully clothed when we went out there. Recently on the QM2 we also were able to "enjoy" complete privacy on our balcony....if you get my drift. Enjoy!:D

We've had balconies on 5 of our 6 cruises and I always thought they were quite private. If you are leaning on the railing of your balcony, you actually have to lean further out and crane your neck around to see the balcony next to you.

But, on the Glory I was on our balcony one afternoon reading, and the people in the next room came out on theirs and I happened to glance down and I could see the reflection of them in the plexiglass on our own balcony that goes from the railing to the floor. So, if they were choosing to...well... you know....it would have been visible in the reflection.

if you don't have privacy when you really should, just be naked when you get a visit from the neighbor.:eek: they will leave you alone after that.;)

Then again she might be hanging out there waiting . Is it worth the risk?

never ben in a balcony room before. wondering if there is much privacy out on the balcony. I was hoping to get some alone time with the wife out there:p

Some of the wraparounds have "private" balconies. Stay away from Holiday class suites and cat.11 on Fantasy class as they have zero privacy.Consider a previous posters advice before you take it . Suppose you did give her a show on your balcony ,are you prepared to see her there waiting every time. How about being followed up and down the companionways and stairs.Hmmm.

Some of the wraparounds have "private" balconies. Stay away from Holiday class suites and cat.11 on Fantasy class as they have zero privacy.Consider a previous posters advice before you take it . Suppose you did give her a show on your balcony ,are you prepared to see her there waiting every time. How about being followed up and down the companionways and stairs.Hmmm.

ACK! Creepy!

Most of our balconies were pretty private...but yeah, completely stay away from the cat 11 on Fantasy. Total disappointment there. We just had a wrap around on the Miracle this month and nobody was seeing anything there.

if you don't have privacy when you really should, just be naked when you get a visit from the neighbor.:eek: they will leave you alone after that.;)

:cool: :cool: That was my thought exactly when I read this. Or whenever she does it go over to hers and do the same thing but for longer periods of time.:cool:

But, on the Glory I was on our balcony one afternoon reading, and the people in the next room came out on theirs and I happened to glance down and I could see the reflection of them in the plexiglass on our own balcony that goes from the railing to the floor. So, if they were choosing to...well... you know....it would have been visible in the reflection.

I had the same experience on the Legend last year...good ol' plexiglass.:p

We have a suite(V6) booked on the Holiday July14th...I assumed there would be traffic because of the spa, whirlpool, gym and deck but no privacy at all:confused: Is it from the other suite balconies?

Oh well.. I guess some balcony lovin is out of the question:p

I dont think I'm brave enough to do that anyway...knowin my luck someone would tape it and post it on the internet:eek:

Had the same situation on the Glory - the lady on the next balcony was doing some nude sunbathing. The reflection in the plexiglass showed everything.

my wife's a looker. I dont mind people takin a glance but anything longer is a no no. the plexi glass is also good to know because My 20 year old step daughter may want to sun bathe on our balcony (nude or not). she's staying in an interior room on the other end of the ship!! I will look into that when we get on the ship. Thanx to all of you!!

We have a suite(V6) booked on the Holiday July14th...I assumed there would be traffic because of the spa, whirlpool, gym and deck but no privacy at all:confused: Is it from the other suite balconies?

Oh well.. I guess some balcony lovin is out of the question:p

I dont think I'm brave enough to do that anyway...knowin my luck someone would tape it and post it on the internet:eek:

There is a forward deck spanning the width of the ship anybody (and there always is) can just look over level with your balcony.

Watch what you say about what happens on "private" balconies! My original post of the same nature got deleted after it went to far by some poster, I'm guessing. Have fun with your private balcony though:D

Pretty much private, depending on the ship (and your neighbor!). On the Miracle, if you have an aft balcony, those looking down from above can see into your balcony if they bend over the railing. I was amused waving up at 'lookers' and seeing their reaction :D

On our most recent on the Glory, we had a side balcony that we opened the door on to the adjacent balcony (wife's brother and his wife) on one side. The other side was not opened, but there were some children in that cabin that liked to peek through the cracks. One very loud HI THERE! from me pretty much put an end to that. I think the parents may have heard it as well, or wondered what the kids were suddenly scared of.:)

Wife won't go along with 'playing' on the balcony..................Even in the wee hours....................;)

There is a forward deck spanning the width of the ship anybody (and there always is) can just look over level with your balcony.

Then I guess I will do the same as cruisetobeaches...just wave and hi!:D

Thanks keyguide for the heads up;)

Archived