Shore excursions: Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman

mjea35

I will be travelling on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas with three children, ages 12, 9 and 6. We'll be cruising the Western Caribbean, with stops in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman. What are the most outstanding shore exursions for these ports that will be fun for kids?

mjea35 .... In Costa Maya we had a wonderful time going to ...

Majahaul "The Little Fishing Village" OnOurOwn (click for review)

Nice beach area ... good for the whole family!

You might also want to go to the Ports of Call section and check under each of your port stops. It's a part of CC so you can also ask quesions there.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

In Coz, the Royal Swim for everyone but the 6 year old would be great. As I recall they have a minimum age of 7 for the Royal Swim. The 6 year old may be fine for the Dolphin Encounter. Last I knew RCCL did not offer the Royal Swim. You will need to book direct at http://www.dolphindiscovery.com Take a look to see what is offered.

Our favorite excursion in Cozumel was a Tulum/Xelha excursion. It involved a ferry ride to Playa del Carmen, a bus ride to Tulum where we spent an hour or so awestruck at the pyramids, a bus ride to Xelha where we spent two hours snorkeling. Then returning to the ship via bus and ferry. This might be too much for young ones, but it was the highlight of our trip. You could spend the whole day at Xelha, they have dolphins, snorkeling, swimming, rope swings into the water, etc. Cozumel was our favorite stop on the Western Caribbean itinerary. Whatever you do there will be outstanding.

My husband and I did the Stingray City tour in Grand Cayman. I was surprised that I enjoyed it so much! It was so cool to be swimming with the rays. Some people were standing in the water, afraid to actually swim with them, but that is the beauty if it. Floating with them, feeding them, it was fantastic! The 6 year old may be a bit timid, but it is a great experience if everyone can relax and "go with the flow"!

For Costa Maya have a look at http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com a great site on what to do there.

We loved Grand Cayman but they had damage from Hurrican Ivan so don't know if you will go there or not, when will you be sailing?

Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions, http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com wrote a letter under the Grand Cayman section and said that Captain Bryans catamarans are fine but many boats had damage:-( Hope the stingrays are okay!!

Archived