June-August Cruises?

Lane40

I am unsure if this has ever been asked in the Asia forum. I did a search but did not see anything. Why are there no cruises offered in the months of June, July or August to China and Japan? I realize Australia and New Zealand are in their winter season at that time. My wife is a teacher, so we will not be able to cruise Asia until she retires.

Just a question I have always had and never asked.....thanks

I am unsure if this has ever been asked in the Asia forum. I did a search but did not see anything. Why are there no cruises offered in the months of June, July or August to China and Japan? I realize Australia and New Zealand are in their winter season at that time. My wife is a teacher, so we will not be able to cruise Asia until she retires.

Just a question I have always had and never asked.....thanks

Rainy season in South East Asia and Typhoons in Pacific and South China Sea.

Check this site for historical weather: http://www.wunderground.com/

Last November we hit 3 Typhoons on the Sapphire Princess in what was supposed to be past the end of the season. We missed 4 ports out of 8.

Al :D

Have you checked with Princess? We did our Bangkok to Beijing cruise in July/Aug. of '06 and had a great time. Yes, it was hot and humid. Yes, we did run afoul of a typhoon, but I wouldn't have traded our itinerary for the world. It was at exactly the right time for us, as, at that time, I was still employed at our local college and could only travel during those two months.

Charlie

Viking (and others) offer river cruises in China during June, July and August. We did one in June last year and the weather was hot,but not unbearable. I would not recommend August, 2008 as the Olympics will be held in China then! You might check the "river and canal" forum on this website for more information.

Dorothy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived