Celebrity Transfers...Good or Bad...Please Share Your Experience

2Canucks

If you have used Celebrity transfers could you please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance for your help with the above.

Pat :)

Hi,:) I have used Celebrity's transfers in the past and it worked

fine for me.

I went to the area on the ship to wait for my color and number

to be called.

Got the luggage, went through Immigration, went outside and

there are X's folks waiting to help. I was pointed to the correct

bus, they put my luggage in the storage area under the bus

and within approximately 1/2 hour we were on our way.

I used them from Miami up to FLL in December after I sailed

CENTURY. It was 28.00.

If you have used Celebrity transfers could you please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance for your help with the above.

Pat :)

A lot depends on where you are cruising from. Don't use them if you are flying in FLL and going out of that port. It is a waste of money and if you take a taxi you go when you want.

I use them to and from the port in Vancouver with no problems at all. I am also going to use them In London. Hopefully that goes as well. I agree with the poster who said not to bother if you are flying into FLL and going to Port Evrglades. You can just about see the port from the airport. Much quicker and cheaper to take a taxi. Last spring I got off the ship at 8:45 and I was through security and sitting at the gate by 9:30.

We used them from MIA to Port Everglades and were sorry we did. We had to wait about an hour for the bus to fill up and it was a big tour bus; lots of people and lots of luggage.

I don't think it would cost mush more to get a cab from MIA to the pier in FLL. The airports are not that far apart.

The only other time we used the ships transfers is when we had a large group in San Juan. The kids were to young to take cabs on their own. However, the past summer they were older and we took 2 cabs---two vans---and it worked out great.

As others have stated it really depends on where you are:

In our opinion do not use in San Diego , San Fransisco, Fort Lauderdale or Miami or Seattle and Vancouver, Tampa, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Barcelona as you can get a taxi and not have to wait for the bus to fill up. But would strongly urge to us transfers in Rome, both sides of South America and Greece, these seem to be cost effective for us. Have a great cruise.

Bruton branch:)

Hi,

We've been sailing with Celebrity since the late 1990s. We've used Celebrity transfers quite often.

I'll agree with other posters that the Ft. Lauderdale and San Diego transfers can be a bit frustrating. Get a cab.

Our absolute best experience with the transfers was in London. We were met at Heathrow by a private car and driver and taken in very comfortable manner directly to our hotel in the heart of London.

Whatever transfer option you choose, have a wonderful time and a GREAT cruise!

CM

We have used the Celebrity transfers twice. The most recent was in Amsterdam last August. It was very fast and smooth. The ship docked early so we did not have to wait for disembarkation. We walked right off the ship with only our carry ons. Once we got off the ship, we were were directed to the buses as our luggage had already been taken to the airport and we picked it up there. All in all, we had less than a 15 minute wait and we were on our way to the airport. The luggage was being unloaded from a truck upon our arrival at the airport and we were let off right where they were unloading the luggage. We picked up our luggage with carts and headed into the airport.

Just got back from the Summit in San Juan and had good luck with the transfers. We didn't have to wait more than ten minutes either coming or going when catching the shuttle. There was, however, a long wait to get our luggage at the airport coming from the pier. Since we had four hours before our flight, it had no effect on us.

John

We used Celebrity transfers at Rome last summer. There were no problems on the way back - we were at Leonardo da Vinci airport just over an hour after disembarking - but the trip from the airport had an unexpected interruption.

The journey from the airport to Civitavecchia is mainly along the coast road which is a toll motorway. Between the access point near Fiumicino and the exit at Civitavecchia there are a handful of toll points. The coach had an electronic ticket, so it just rolled slowly up to each toll barrier where the sensor detected the ticket, the barrier lifted and the coach accelerated away without having to stop. However at one toll area the barrier lifted but then suddenly came straight back down, right in front of the coach which was accelerating. The result was that the coach hit the barrier and severely damaged it. (No damage to the coach, and no-one injured.) Unfortunately the coach driver then had to wait for the local police to arrive so he could give a statement about it (a requirement of italian law), and it took about 45 minutes for them to do so. During this time the coach was just parked, and it got very hot indeed onboard.

Archived