FLL Hotels

Sailor Gal

Can anyone make a suggestion for locating an inexpensive but nice and convenient hotel near Port Everglades pier in Fort Lauderdale? I've been looking around and rooms are averaging $200-$360 a night. My TA suggested one and it is booked up already for Oct. Appreciate your help.:p

Can anyone make a suggestion for locating an inexpensive but nice and convenient hotel near Port Everglades pier in Fort Lauderdale? I've been looking around and rooms are averaging $200-$360 a night. My TA suggested one and it is booked up already for Oct. Appreciate your help.:p

Yes check out plantation we got the marriot courtyard on 1/19 for 110 and rented a car from budget for 23.00 total it was about 15 minutes from the airport and then we were about 15 mintues from the sawgrass mills mall dropped the car off at 17th street and they had a shuttle to the pier. I had done a alot of research, and hit priceline for the longest time. But plantation had some excellent buys and again with the price point lower than FLL you can get a car

Pete

If it is just one night precruise, why not stay near the airport at a hotel with a free airport shuttle that will provide a free transfer to the cruiseport in the morning? There are many that are reasonable in the choice family of hotels, such as the Sleep Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale airport. Check some of them out on tripadvisor.com. Also, you can probably get more information if you post in the ports of call section.

If you are just overnighting and want free airport and cruiseport transportation, check out the Comfort Inn option or othe choice.com hotels on their website. If you really just want a place to crash overnight, the Rodeway Inn Airport/Cruiseport will cost about $80 for the night. Check out the reviews at tripadvisor.com. The first one is very negative, but the others are quite favorable, and apparently the property has been recently updated.

Check the Florida Departures section of the Homeports board for lots of FLL hotel ideas. We stayed at the Holiday Inn FLL Airport on Sheridan Street. It is NOT near the pier (or the beach - or much of anything except the Interstate) but they have a free airport shuttle and will take you to the pier for $10/pp (reserve in advance). It is perfectly nice and clean with pleasant helpful staff, comfortable beds, a fairly nice pool area, and a restaurant. Rates when we stayed there were pretty reasonable.

We stayed at a Marriott Courtyard in Aventura, just south of Fort Lauderdale. Nice enough, but the great thing about it is that there is a fabulous restaurant right across the street. DW and I had a dinner there the night before we sailed. Easily on our all-time top ten list.

CHEF ALLEN'S | 19088 N.E. 29TH AVE AVENTURA, FL 33180

305.935.2900 | WWW.CHEFALLENS.COM

I feel your pain. It is REALLY discouraging trying to find a budget-friendly hotel with decent reviews in FLL. We finally dropped a night from our itinerary and upped our budget to make it work for us ... I was going crazy to make sense out of it! Never had that problem planning a stay in any other city. Guess this doesn't help you identify a hotel, but I just wanted to say that I feel for ya. FLL is TOUGH.

Ahoy!

We've stayed in the Sleep Inn last May ($79/night; off season) and will be doing so again next month ($139/night; season). More than adequate. A clean room, a pool, a great breakfast, room WiFi included at no extra charge and 'free' transport from the airport and again to the port the next day. There's a Publix across the street for 'firewater' purchases and several small 'eateries', plus a new Walgreens down the block.

Also unpublicized, we had a wonderful view of the parking lot. But what the hey? We usually arrive 1700 hours after flying all day and depart the following day by 1200. We're just interested in a bath, clean bed & libation. Works for us.

Have a Wonderful Cruise!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

Twice I have use Priceline and got fantastic rates. Bid on hotels in the downtown area. Its closest to the ship and lots of pre-cruise shopping and restaurants there. You can see the tops of the ships from those hotels on 17th St

I booked 4 rooms for April 14 and my first bid of $50 per room was accepted. We are staying at the Extended Stay America. Last time I booked a higher class of hotel. We paid $65. per room that time and stayed at the Renaissance. They are almost across the street from one another.

If you havent bid before theres nothing to it. Go to biddingfortravel.com and read all about the area you want to stay in then go to Priceline and bid.

Beach locations are expensive and none of the hotels are actually on the beach as I remember. There is a street between them.

Archived