Looking for shore excursion recommendations in Costa Rica

Greetings from The Brilliance of the Seas. We were in Aruba yesterday and now we are headed to the Panama Canal. We did not sign up for any shore excursions, except for the Atlantis Submarine in Aruba. We are looking for ideas for our day in Costa Rica. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

I am using our CyberCabin connection and although it is slow, it is nice for emails.

We were on Celebrity Galaxy and did a coffee plantation tour which we both agree was the best excursion we have ever taken. Included lunch at an upscale plantation home in the mountains that had been converted into a boutique hotel and the drive through the countryside was beautiful. Be sure to get into the country if you can, Costa Rica is a favorite of ours.

Hi,

We just returned from the Panama cruise on the Brilliance. I am jealous! Wish I was back on the ship with you! :)

In Costa Rica we booked a tour with Charlie Soto and had a great day!!!! If you have email you could try emailing him at okeydokeytours@hotmail.com and write Urgent in the subject line or something like that.

His website is http://www.okeydokeytours.com/ but to save you the trouble of looking there I can tell you that his A-1 tour is $54 per person and includes a stop at a local fruit stand, Tortuguero Canal boat ride, view point of Limon, a visit to the banana plantation, lunch at Bonita Beach and a stop at the supermarket for coffee. Charlie was at the pier waiting when we got off the ship. His driver and guide were very professional. The tour is in a full insured, air conditioned van, and includes water, soda and beer.

The A-2 tour is the same tour with the zipline added. I believe it is $94.

Everyone on both tours met at the beach for lunch afterwards and Charlie had a huge birthday cake waiting for my husband. He is a great guy. Everyone on both tours had a great time! The tour was one of the highlights of our cruise! If you have any questions, just ask.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! Say hi to Jaiho in the Schooner Bar from George and Nancy. :D

Nancy

We did a city tour of San Jose (I don't know where you are stopping????) and all the nearby attractions, stopping at once place where they gave us fresh pineapple--and it was definitely the best I have ever tasted. Costa Rica is beautiful--be sure that you see as much as you can.

Archived