what to do after cruise??

jessgmann

We're going on the Majesty of the Seas on 3/7 for our honeymoon, returning on 3/10 early in the morning. But our flight doesn't leave out of FLL until 10pm that night. Just wondering if anyone has any advice as far as what do all day in the Miami/FL area? We will have luggage of course. Hoping to avoid sitting at the airport all day.

Thanks for any ideas!

If you can't get an earlier flight (which I'd recommend), then I'd book a hotel room for the day. You're talking about killing about 15 hours! waiting for a flight!

If you have a room, you can use the pool, eat leisurely meals, relax, and then head for the airport when it's time. Otherwise, you'll have no "base of operations, no bathrooms, lugging your suitcases in a rental car..... doesn't sound very appealing to me!

You can usually change your flights for between $25 and $50 per person.

I have never been to the Miami aiport but if I were you I would take the shuttle to the airport, check your luggage and then grab a taxi and go sight seeing and find a nice restaurant to have an early supper. This should give you plenty of time to get back to the airport for your 10:00 PM flight.

I am sure if you post this in the Ports of Calls section, under Miami, you should get plenty of ideas of what do see and do.

CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding.

When we were in a similar situation we got a day room at a hotel in South Beach and made it a beach day. Check around, some hotels will do this some won't. You then have a place to call 'home' for the day and can extend the vacation. South Beach is a short taxi ride from both the port and airport and an interesting place to spend the day.

I have never been to the Miami aiport but if I were you I would take the shuttle to the airport, check your luggage and then grab a taxi and go sight seeing and find a nice restaurant to have an early supper. This should give you plenty of time to get back to the airport for your 10:00 PM flight.

I am sure if you post this in the Ports of Calls section, under Miami, you should get plenty of ideas of what do see and do.

CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding.

I dont think you can check your luggage at the airport any sooner than 2-3 hrs before your flight.

So twice now we've flown out of Miami in the afternoon. We've done 2 of RCI's "excursions" for Miami after finishing the cruise. We did a South Beach and Miami tour by boat and bus, and we did the Fla Everglades tour including the airboat tour. Both were great and we still got to the airport in very early afternoon. But at least we weren't there cooling our heels for as long as we could've been. I'd recommend these highly. They're available either from the web site before you sail or you can buy onboard. Either way, they'll hold your luggage with the bus at each stop until they drop you off at the airport.

Rent a car for the day. We did a few weeks ago and it was a ten dollar cab fare to Avis. The car for the day was $44. Drop it off at the airport. That way you can do all the sight-seeing you want and have a place to store your luggage. (trunk)

Archived