MS Ryndam Leaving San Diego Today....

nobbync

Hello Everyone... Today was just a wonderful day in San Diego after the unusual storm we had yesterday. The skies were clear so it I was a day for me to take pictures of the skyline. As I was taking pictures the Ryndam pulled out so I thought you'd all enjoy the photo I took. Sure wish I was onboard!

254936179_dhb6L-XL.jpg

Nobby

in addition to the ship I can see my old office. It's the building on the left side with the horizontal black stripes. Corner office, two stories from the top. Had it for 20 years until I retired last August

That's one awesome pic Nobby! Taken from Shelter Island?

Thanks! Actually Shelter Island is what you see in the foreground. This picture was taken up on Pt Loma where I just drove around till I found a nice spot where I can shot between the houses.

Nobby

in addition to the ship I can see my old office. It's the building on the left side with the horizontal black stripes. Corner office, two stories from the top. Had it for 20 years until I retired last August

Wow, you must have had one an icredible view for the 20 years and it's amazing how the skyline has changed since then.

Nobby

Thanks everyone for all the great replies. I have been wanting to take shots of all the cruise ships leaving San Diego but I am always running around all over. I hope to get a good shot of the Oosterdam leaving today and if I do I will post it.

cruisinjudy, enjoy your trip and if you would like me to take a picture of you pulling out let me know. I can't promise anything but if I can that day I will as I live right by here.

Thanks again and glad you enjoyed the photo.

Nobby

Nobby-when I first moved into that corner office 20+ years ago, I had an unobstructed view from the Pacific Ocean, to Point Loma, to the harbor, to the airport, to Balboa Park. I could watch any ship approach the harbor, make the turn by the submarine base, and then through the harbor to the pier. By the time I retired in late 2007, there had been so much construction I could only see the middle harbor, the airport and the park. In a few years that office will look out only on other buildings (except to the park)

But for years I had great views of ships in the harbor and on final approach to the airport. (some of those were very scary)

Archived