Anyone have any Pictures of NCL Spirit cabins 8007 & 8507?

Buffalofirsttimer4

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I'd be very interested in replies to this (re cabin 8507) because I'm booked into that cabin for an Alaskan cruise in September. Bit worried that there may be noise from the anchors, and that there will be a lot of movement (I get seasick).

I'd be very interested in replies to this (re cabin 8507) because I'm booked into that cabin for an Alaskan cruise in September. Bit worried that there may be noise from the anchors, and that there will be a lot of movement (I get seasick).

OP is asking about the Spirit - that ship doesn't go to Alaska so you may want to post your question elsewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I know it's quite some time since this posting, but we have been assigned Cabin 8007 on a Norwegian Gem upcoming sailing this winter. It was a substantial savings (hundreds) by choosing a Guarantee cabin, but I fear we've made a mistake. Can you provide me feedback on the following?

#1. This sailing is during the winter months departing from Manhattan so concerned about a rough ride.

#2. Did you hear/feel the anchor?

#3. the theatre is one floor away. Was it noisy?

I hope you can assist with your soonest feedback. Thanks in advance !

@ Ektari

cruise advice dot org says: "Forward on Deck 8 of the Gem, interior cabins 8007- 8507, 8517- 8537, and 8017- 8064 could have noise issues from the theater beneath, and these staterooms are likely to be most affected. Exterior cabins in this area are 8508- 8540 port side and 8008- 8040 starboard. While this is likely not a late night problem, you could hear some noise during performances, as well as before and after when staff are preparing for or cleaning up following a show."

There were no individual cabin reviews for any cabins near yours (on the Gem) on Cruise Critic, so I looked at the N.Jewel and N.Pearl (sister ships) and there are a few nearby on the Jewel although none in that first cross-ship row. Read them here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=350

On the Pearl there is one cabin review for 8503, up there near yours, that says:

"Stateroom #8503 is located way in the front of the ship. The room, same as other inside rooms is pretty small at less than 150 sf. The layout is pretty nice though with bathroom where you can move about a little and a standard size shower. The water pressure in the shower was quite low though. Being the cabin at the end, there was no noise at all, but it did rock in the night while the ship was cruising. Also, it required a decent walk to reach to any other place on the ship."

Being that far forward, you are of course subject to more motion (but not nearly that of those suite-dwellers on the upper decks!). Whether it bothers you or not??? time will tell! Recommend you to buy some OTC Bonine to take along -- it is the same thing they'd give you on board, minus the expense of a trip to the infirmary.

If you KNOW you are subject to extreme seasickness, you might see your physician for the prescription 'patch', Transderm-scope. It's pricy at ~$64/4-three-day patches, but better than vomiting your vacation away!

Some people also swear by ginger chews for MILD motion sickness. I plan to look for some to take on my trip in less than two weeks (!).

For the noise, if you are in the habit of sleeping before 10:30, you might want earplugs. An alternative would be to go to the late show each night! Heh Heh.

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic! Find your "Roll Call" her, read up, and ask others on your very itinerary how they are dealing with your concerns!

http://cruisecritic.com/rollcalls?cruise_line_id=24&ship_id=385

-- crystalspin

132c04ec73a292f40a8fd493eef0c0af.png

Edited by crystalspin

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I stayed in 8007 on the Gem this past spring and it was awful. I rough weather the movement in the room was unbearable. I could not even shower because it was not safe. The noise from waves hitting the hull was even worse. No sleep had. Never ever again deck eight forward. We were also in the past on the Dawn in 8010. Same issues. Do not book these cabins.