Supper Club Reservation

TinaJ04463

I used the form on John Heald's blog to reserve a table at the supper club for us and our friends during our April cruise. It's been at least a month, probably closer to a month and a half to two months, and I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I don't want to do it again and end up with double reservations, but I do want to make sure we get our special nite. Anyone else have this problem?

TinaJ

Yes, I made a reservation the first week in Jan. for our March cruise. I have not heard anything either. I have read on other posts where they never heard anything but when they checked on board the reservation was there. I am just going to check first thing when we board and if not, make one!!!

Thanks, glad I'm not alone on this. There are 7 of us and possibly one more or one less now, so will need to adjust that as well, just hate to try it again and end up with double reservations. I know I had read that there would be confirmation within 2 weeks, but with Heald on vacation or something it would be a little longer, this is wayyy to long now.

TinaJ

I used the form on John Heald's blog to reserve a table at the supper club for us and our friends during our April cruise. It's been at least a month, probably closer to a month and a half to two months, and I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I don't want to do it again and end up with double reservations, but I do want to make sure we get our special nite. Anyone else have this problem?

TinaJ

Im in the same boat (no pun intended). I made reservations over a month ago for two nights in March on the Miracle 3/30. I intend to get on board as early as possible, and will confirm the reservations when i get onboard.

Hi, guys...

If you made your reservation on line through the web site expect that your reservation is made. This is all done manually by Roberto and Stephanie and often, because of the workload, the confirmations don't get sent.

I've only heard of one instance where a reservation wasn't made and that was a ship side error.

You should get on board and receive notification of you reservation, in your cabin, the day before your dinner.

If you're still concerned you can check at the Formalities Shop when you board.

You'll love the restaurant. When I've dined in the supper clubs it's been outstanding. You won't be disappointed.

Mach

Yes we really enjoyed dining in the supper club on Conquest last year. Worth every penny!

TinaJ

Yep... the Pointe is fantastic... The service, the food, the atmosphere were all amazing. Add that to the fact that you're hundreds of miles out at sea and it just doesn't get any better.

Hang in there, Tina... I'm sure your reservations were made.

Mach

We made our reservation also pre-cruise and never received a confirmation. We found the table set up for reservations to The Point on our first day while exploring the ship. They checked their reservation book and we did indeed have a reservation. It was great - I had the surf and turf - yum, yum. The bad thing was I was too full for desert. But I couldn't have eaten another bite. It was worth the extra $'s. Enjoy.

We made our reservation also pre-cruise and never received a confirmation. We found the table set up for reservations to The Point on our first day while exploring the ship. They checked their reservation book and we did indeed have a reservation. It was great - I had the surf and turf - yum, yum. The bad thing was I was too full for desert. But I couldn't have eaten another bite. It was worth the extra $'s. Enjoy.

Hey, Kathy!! I'm so glad that the reservations worked out for you. Those great guys that take care of the site are WAY busy and it's only two of them... often only one.

I hope everyone will understand that they do (she does) everything possible to get your reservations taken care of.

Mach

We are taking our first Carnival cruise in April (Freedom transatlantic/miami to rome). Not sure that I want to commit to any specific nights at this point. Is it difficult to get reservations once you are on board?

TinaJ

No, but there is a bug on the form. The time pull down has two 8 PMs. Pick the wrong one and you will get a 9 PM reservation. :(

Oh, well I'll just get it fixed on the ship. :cool:

I was just on The Pride (2/10-2/17) and made my supper club (David's) reservation online. I didn't receive any sort of confirmation, but I called when I boarded and they had my reservation in the book. So I would recommend calling when you board just to be safe (FYI: for the night we went, it wasn't anywhere near full -- but it certainly could be different on different ships!!). We had a great time (and a great meal), it was well worth the extra $$.

I was just on The Pride (2/10-2/17) and made my supper club (David's) reservation online. I didn't receive any sort of confirmation, but I called when I boarded and they had my reservation in the book. So I would recommend calling when you board just to be safe (FYI: for the night we went, it wasn't anywhere near full -- but it certainly could be different on different ships!!). We had a great time (and a great meal), it was well worth the extra $$.

How much extra $$ are we talking about?

Archived