Cabin Restrooms....

BlueAngel322

Toilet facilities on all major cruise lines will look more like a very small hotel type bathroom. The major difference is that the toilets work on a vacuum system. When you flush there is a Whooosh and away goes the .....well you get the idea:D

Charlie

They are small, but it varies between ships and between cabins even. Generally, the smaller the cabin, the smaller the bathroom. There is generally room for one person in front of the sink, one on the toilet, and one person in the shower. And then it's crowded. We sail with two kids--that's the only reason I know this.;)

if you have been around an RV...travel trailer, 5th wheel or motor home, you get the idea. pack as much as you can in a small space. the 1st few times you flush, you will be a nervous feeling...but that sound is normal.

here's the photos of my last cruise.

the very biggest one, i have had, was on the old costa riveria...inside cabin, i have room on the bathroom counter to lay out clothes and iron them. they don't make them that big anymore.

957846540_ToiletArea.jpg.10b78984f8c3f881fdc5706f90552cd2.jpg

Sink.jpg.05440a18b0e0b22aca0b2eaf183d24e4.jpg

Shower.jpg.9640e311759fee1bd5f9f2d57b61218f.jpg

Are the bathrooms any bigger in the Junior Suites on RCCL? My hubby and I are booked in a JS and were told it also had a tub. Small bathrooms are a bit of an issue and hubby is not a small guy.

The bathroom in the JS's (newer ships) are a nice size! Here are pictures of the Navigator.

###

1160756687049105042S425x425Q85.jpg

1161406488049105042S425x425Q85.jpg

scumlane, what size is the photo of your Visions bathroom? (We were on her in 04 to Alaska.) I tried to print it out, but it was grainy, and I couldn't use it. Now you ask why. I have pictures of toilets we have seen from around the world. It started with a picture of two holes that went out to the river. This was a castle in Chepstow Wales. I got tired of the usual bathroom pictures and just said as a joke, I should put up our picture of the unusual toilets we have seen on our vacations. I now have 21, 4 by 6 or 6 by 4 framed pictures, plus a couple of pieces of art also. I would love to add your picture. Can you email it to me at Jalexan561@aol.com ?

Thanks

i've learned on these boards that there are great showers in the gym area w/strong water pressure, much bigger than the cabin shower.. that'll give me a great incentive to get on the treadmill!:) enjoy your cruise.

I think if you are a big person you would find the bathrooms claustrophobic, we were just myself and my 13yo daughter and we were fine in the bathroom, even were able to be in there at the same time. THe shower is just a round stand up shower, but it gets the job done. We were thrilled to be cruising, didn't care if we had a spacious bathroom or not as long as it had what we needed and it did!

Here are a few pics of the bathroom in a regular room (balcony-not sure if balcony room differs from an inside space-wise) The mirror above and to the left of the sink opens and has shelves, plenty of room for our toiletries. If you need more room there is also a shelf under the sink area.

bathroomvanity.jpg

showerandtoilet.jpg

what kind of cabin is this??? is it a suite??? looks nice.... :)

Not all bathroom are like those on an aircraft....

L1000031.jpg

L1000032.jpg

And the toilet here flushes in the normal way..... None of this dreadful vacuum stuff.

Matthew

And the toilet here flushes in the normal way..... None of this dreadful vacuum stuff.

Matthew

Guess I've never given much thought to the toilet...never thought of it as dreadful. It is what it is and does what it does, gets the job done. I've never heard of having a toilet flush-preference.

What are the bathrooms like on the Carnival Inspiration ship (inside cabin), especially for larger, elderly people who have back trouble?

They are the standard cruise ship bathroom, like what has been described here. I don't think you'll have any problem.

The nicest bathrooms in a standard cabin that I've seen were on the NCL Spirit. There was a sink in the middle when you go in, a shower on the left with a sliding door instead of a curtain, and the toilet was on the right also separated by a sliding door.

• 2 weeks later...
Just thought I'd give you a friendly reminder... hehe

Make sure you are standing when you flush.. as the vacuum system can have quite a pull...

LOL Reminds me of the comedian Bobby Collins' routine talking about being on a cruise. He was using the toilet, flushed, and ended up in the engine room. "You no allowed down here! Crew member only!" "Got any paper?" So funny......

Archived