All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

LOL @ momofshan. That was cute :)

This time of year, Target and Walmart do have great deals on all things summertime! Don't forget your inflatable raft !

Funny you mentioned that - she bought those, too, based on the great advice from y'all on CC!!:p

Katink - we're 7 days before you - 6/21 - Yahooo!!!!

All this thong talk is reminding me of The Quest. The CD asked for a thong and did get some of the ones that make bums sore. Of course, he then smiled innocently and said "but all I wanted was a flip-flop".

ROFLMAO - too funny!

Funny you mentioned that - she bought those, too, based on the great advice from y'all on CC!!:p

Katink - we're 7 days before you - 6/21 - Yahooo!!!!

Inflatable raft? For real?

I just hope we don't get stuck with a cancelled flight :mad: - sure hope all this airline inspection mess is over by then.

Katink

I just hope we don't get stuck with a cancelled flight :mad: - sure hope all this airline inspection mess is over by then.

Katink

Oh I know!!! General Motors' travel made our reservations and we had no choice when to fly, so we go in the day OF our cruise. I've been nervous about that for a while now...

All this thong talk is reminding me of The Quest. The CD asked for a thong and did get some of the ones that make bums sore. Of course, he then smiled innocently and said "but all I wanted was a flip-flop".

What is Quest? I've read a little bit about it on the boards and it seems like it's a scavenger hunt but most posters don't give too many details because they don't want to spoil it.

Katink

It is a "wild and crazy" adult scavenger hunt. I took the risk of being run off Cruise Critic by sharing this story, but I am hoping for forgiveness. Hopefully, it's not a spoiler.

LOL, I think you're good. That's the explaination I usually see around here.

Katink

Hi Katink - actually, blow up mats - I've read from a few folks on CC that the cheapo blow-up mats are easy to pack (flattened, of course!) and great for floating around on Labadee and beaches (vs. renting them). I also read that you can just offer them to other travelers/locals when you leave the beach.

I totally agree with you about the cancelled flights - we're on Alaska from WA state - hoping and praying for no trouble there....:eek:

blow up mats ... what a great idea! I think they charge $10 on Labadee for mats. Maybe we'll grab a bunch of them and use them at each port. Then give them away before we leave the beach.

I always go to the dollar store and get rain ponchos and keep them with us all the time too.

blow up mats ... what a great idea! I think they charge $10 on Labadee for mats. Maybe we'll grab a bunch of them and use them at each port. Then give them away before we leave the beach.

I always go to the dollar store and get rain ponchos and keep them with us all the time too.

Amen, sister (I assume you're a she?). $10 saved is another foofy drink for me!!

I am ... Kyle is actually my name but Im definatley a woman! I love these boards for all of the great ideas and money saving tips.

I belong to this one and to the DIS boards about disney and have save SO much money when we cruise and when we go to disney.

And yes, I too will be enjoying a labadozee instead of paying for a mat!

Anyone else nervous about the zip line? DS wants to do the zip line on Labadee but Im not sure about it since the one colapsed and killed that NCL passenger.

Just returned... thanks for all the earlier posts!

I'd definitely say:

1. book private lessons for flowrider for 1st or 2nd night AND last night. We booked early arrival day for 2nd night out. Checked later in week and nights were available... but we sat on the fence too long. It did completely book up... and on the last night... I think it would have been a fabulous way to end the cruise! We missed out... but maybe you can enjoy it then!

2. If you want to try Chops, book 1st thing on board... or earlier if you have that priviledge. We didn't until first night... already booked for the week. Got a waitlist and it cleared. So waitlist if you need to... you never know! The best night for us to have missed the dining room was on Tuesday night. (also the most popular night at chops!)

3. only felt the crowd... in San Juan departure. Seemed everyone was trying to leave from the forward gangway... the aft gangway was uncongested.

4. go to Labadee early to miss the mid-morning tender rush... and to get beach front chairs! Take cash for the market!!!

GREAT ship!!! Loved the E. Caribbean itinerary!

Appreciate the tips! What was Tuesday on the itinerary that made Chops so popular?

Thanks!

Cathy

Why is it such a big deal not to talk about it here?

I think it is because everyone here wants all the newbies to get a no advance knowledge-first time experience at the Quest because they'll really be blown away by the craziness that way. It's fun. Go. You'll be blown away anyway. I pretty much knew what was going to happen and I still couldn't believe it.

Cool idea, thanks. We're flying into Miami a day early (assuming our flight isn't cancelled) so I'll pick up a couple when I'm out buying water, sodas, and liquor to sneak on board :D Only kidding, everybody.

Katink

We really wanted to zip too. DS REALLY wants to go. DH says there is always is risk in everything. He reminded me that we all went swimming with the wild sting rays in grand cayman right after steve irwin died. So I guess we are going to zip!

I think it is because everyone here wants all the newbies to get a no advance knowledge-first time experience at the Quest because they'll really be blown away by the craziness that way. It's fun. Go. You'll be blown away anyway. I pretty much knew what was going to happen and I still couldn't believe it.

Oh, I've been before. I was just asking why we're not supposed to tell about it, because I was going to respond and explain it... but I figured I'd better ask first so I wouldn't get flamed for spoiling the surprise, ha ha. So I'll keep quiet and let them find out for themselves. ;)

(By the way - I'm going on the Liberty in less than 6 weeks, and I can't wait for Quest again!)

Erica