All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Goning on LOS in August with DH, 2 DD ages 8 & 6, my parents, & my brother & sister-in-law. We were on LOS last year in August (same week & same itineray). My kids loved it. Yhe H2o zone kept them busy all day.

I would advice 2 rooms it will give you more space and sanity.

What week in August? We are the 23-30.

My family just got off Liberty in Feb. There were 7 of us. We had an adjoining room with our son, dil and their one year old. We had the balcony divider unlocked to make a much larger balcony. We were there to watch the sleeping baby while the parents were off having some time alone. It worked out wonderfully for our family. I say get adjoining rooms if possible, it worked wonders for all of us. Our daughter and her new husband were in a cabin down the hall.

Thanks dawn. we are still a bit away from diamond, we only just hit platinum! BUT, we would love to get there before they make any changes! I just wish we were close to a port who does short 3 and 4 day sailings! We're very limited in upstate NY.

Here's a link to a very detailed (and wonderful) Liberty cruise review. Jen not only gives a rundown of the menus, she shows pictures of most of the dishes. I don't think they vary the menus by itinerary.

http://www.jenscruisereviews.com/Liberty_Review_final1.pdf

Looking at your cruise list, you must be a diamond member. I am told that the diamond concierge hasall the current dining room menus and can assist you with making your specialty restaurant reservations. I am planning a visit to him/her the first day to do that and request our ice show tickets.

I am going to be traveling on Liberty of the Seas in July and am trying to find out about the options for getting off the ship on the last day...

Normally I have always waited for the color of my tag to be called and then I have gotten off of the ship....but I have heard that there is an option to not set your luggage outside of your room the night before so that you can take it off yourself and leave earlier...is this true?

I am trying to book a flight for 11:15 (leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale even though we are arriving into Miami) and I want to make sure there will be enough time for travel to the airport and then getting to our flight...anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Maybe someone here can help a girl out......

I had heard from my SIL, who is also sailing on Liberty, but not until December, that there is a pasta bar in the dining room on sea days for lunch......is this right? We have never eaten lunch in the dining room and thought this might be a nice change of pace.

I am going to be traveling on Liberty of the Seas in July and am trying to find out about the options for getting off the ship on the last day...

Normally I have always waited for the color of my tag to be called and then I have gotten off of the ship....but I have heard that there is an option to not set your luggage outside of your room the night before so that you can take it off yourself and leave earlier...is this true?

I am trying to book a flight for 11:15 (leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale even though we are arriving into Miami) and I want to make sure there will be enough time for travel to the airport and then getting to our flight...anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Yes, there is an option to carry off your own luggage. Our color was the first to be called. We were off the ship by 8:00, went through Customs, grabbed our luggage and at the FLL airport by 9:30. Our flight wasn't until 1:45 PM and we were not able to check-in so we had to sit and wait (with our luggage) until 11:45.

If you carry off your own luggage, you'll have no problems catching a 11:15 flight. Just make sure that you are the first one off, Customs will be your only hold up.

Very nice beach. It is within walking distance, or a water taxi ride. The nice thing about water taxi is it is one price all day, so you can ride it and shop, go back to the ship, change, go to beach, and back to ship again.

However, the walk is safe and not bad at all.

SEVERAL bars nearby! Enjoy!;)

1. Is this a good ship for small children??

I agree with everyone who answered this....this ship is PERFECT for small children!!! Besides Adventure Ocean, which is awesome in & of itself, the H20 Zone will keep kids busy for hours! It's a very cool place to hang out.

Thanks dawn. we are still a bit away from diamond, we only just hit platinum! BUT, we would love to get there before they make any changes! I just wish we were close to a port who does short 3 and 4 day sailings! We're very limited in upstate NY.

Isn't that a bummer? I know people that are Diamond +++ because they do a ton of the 3 & 4 night sailings. But for us, if we're going to have to pay for airfare anyway, we might as well do a 7-night cruise. But let me tell you, if I lived near a port that did the shorter sailings, I would be Diamond +++++++++++!!!! :p My girlfriends & I all the time talk about Girl's Weekends away, and those short cruises would be perfect for that!!! :(

Thanks!

We LOVE self-debarkation! Piece of cake. You don't have to put out your luggage the night before, and you can leave any time you want to! We always do it on the ships that have it.

christie, do you have to leave the ship at 7 am? Or can you leave a bit later if you self-debark?

Hi KRM! Like Jill, we get off whenever we want. The first time we ever did it, I asked if we HAD to be off by 6:30a.m. The woman said no, that since we had our own luggage, we could get off anytime between 6:30 and 10:30. Worked out perfect for us! :)

RachelD, they do have a pasta station at lunch. It is pretty nice. Sometimes, we just like to be served and have a quiet lunch. Think you will enjoy it.

Is it a pasta buffet, or do you order what you want from a menu? (Kind of like Olive Garden....)

Thank you so much pinkrosesdeb for replying!!!:D

Thanks for everyones answers thus far!

I came up with a few more questions!!

Where do you make Chops and Portofino reservations on the first day and starting at what time? At the same place or do you have to go to each restaraunt?

Do they make reservations on the half hour, ie 6:30 or 7:15? Trying to work out getting the kids to AO first! :)

Thanks for everyones answers thus far!

I came up with a few more questions!!

Where do you make Chops and Portofino reservations on the first day and starting at what time? At the same place or do you have to go to each restaraunt?

Do they make reservations on the half hour, ie 6:30 or 7:15? Trying to work out getting the kids to AO first! :)

We always make reservations as soon as we board. You have to go to each restaurant to make them.

I have never heard a rule about them only booking on the half-hours....but then again I never tried, so I can't be positive about that. :)

We always make our reservations as soon as we board. You can make the reservations for whenever you want. We made reservations at Chops at 8:15 with no problems.

Thanks Jill. This is the way to go I think! Not worrying about packing your luggage at night and keeping clothes out. Leaving when you want. Why isnt eveyone doing this! :)

The self debarkation is only for people that can carry off their own luggage...Usually each person has one piece and a carry on, it is not for folks that have several pieces of luggage...

Dave & I are Diamond and will be Diamond plus by the time we sail on the Liberty, we get priority tags which are first color called and do this rather since we have 3 pieces of luggage plus carry on...Hope this helps you...Later, Jill:cool:

Is it a pasta buffet, or do you order what you want from a menu? (Kind of like Olive Garden....)

Thank you so much pinkrosesdeb for replying!!!:D

There is a station that has several different pastas, sauces and add ons such as chicken, shrimp, ham etc...You let your waiter know what you want and they bring it to the table....YUMMO!!! Later, Jill:cool:

IF you do need to get off early but don't care to take your own luggage off you can visit guest realtions about mid-way through the cruise and tell them you need to be one of the first off due to flight or whatever. I did this before we became Diamond/plus levels. We always have about a 10 hour drive to get home so need to get on the road. I have never had a problem with doing this. We would always get the first off color tags. Now we do take our own luggage it is just much easier.

I think we are just going to take our luggage too. On Enchantment we asked that we were first off the ship and we were. But I really like the idea of not having to pack the night before and leaving your luggage out.