All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

You're welcome! I totally enjoyed your review (I'm a total OCD researcher/planner) and I shared it with my entire extended family traveling with us. We even booked the Hyatt where you stayed. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it!

Ooooooooooh then make sure you have the breakfast buffet (they give you vouchers for this often times) .... cause you have wonderful fresh OJ at that breakfast meal. OMG its soooo good, like drinking an orange!

Thank you for posting info about the Code Game - I tried for a week and a half to get info on it, and these are the first answers I've gotten! Very helpful, thanks again. RCCL doesn't seem to do a very good job of promoting any games except Bingo. Last year on Sovereign OTS they had a Texas Hold 'Em Tournament advertised, but they never really promoted it and it didn't come off. It seemed to be a rip off anyways - RCCL was keeping about 25% of the pot right off the top.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. They're not into promoting anything other than Bingo.

I'd also not be surprised if the Liberty code wasn't a huge hit and they don't offer that anymore. The one gal that was on our team offended everyone else on the team by yelling at people trying to get on the elevator. It was like a crazy monica from Friends personality with a terribly competitive spirit. So if you don't have anyone like this on your team, you'll probably have a better time! ;)

Hello all,

Did anyone else notice the RCL website is showing a different Eastern Caribbean itineary starting in September? (Same ports, just different days) Any idea why they would change this??? I really like the normal Eastern itineary which seems to alternate sea days and port days. The new one is more like Freedom (2 sea days and then 3 port days). The only good thing about the change is now San Juan PR is from 7am - 2pm.

It appears the revised itinerary is only temporary. Our cruise (1/3/09) is the original intinerary, THANK GOODNESS! I'm not sure I would like the 3 port days together. And, in defense of our friends who will be cruising for the first time, leaving Miami on Saturday and not seeing land until Tuesday could be tough on first timers.

I'm thrilled that our intinerary hasn't changed.

Cathy

One (silly!) question... do the closets in the staterooms have SHELVES?!!

We just returned from a cruise aboard Empress and the blasted closet was entirely SHELF-LESS! Of course the Empress was RCs smallest ship, but still, there WAS still room for shelves!!! ;)

We just returned from a cruise aboard Empress and the blasted closet was entirely SHELF-LESS! Of course the Empress was RCs smallest ship, but still, there WAS still room for shelves!!! ;)

We did in our closet. Off to the right with the safe. They were definitely very useful.

Mike

I like when they have shelves its easier to fold pants and T shirts and put them on the shelves, instead of hanging everything up.

Hello,

My wife and I will be cruising on the liberty later this year. I was wondering if I could bring my laptop along so we could webcam back with our kids (who we have never left before).

Do they have wireless or a hard wired ethernet port we could plug into and how much would they be?

Thank you for your time :)

Hello,

My wife and I will be cruising on the liberty later this year. I was wondering if I could bring my laptop along so we could webcam back with our kids (who we have never left before).

Do they have wireless or a hard wired ethernet port we could plug into and how much would they be?

I wouldnt know because I havent sailed on Liberty yet, out cruise is in October, but im sure someone will give you an answer shortly on the board.

Hello,

Hi Longos!

There is wifi throughout the entire ship on Liberty. That is your only option if you are bringing your own laptop. Otherwise, to access the internet you'd have to use RCI's own computers in the Royal Caribbean Online area. Not sure of the price for the wifi though, since I have never used it....

Yes, they have wireless, however, I did hear that it was slow. Additionally, on our cruise on the Liberty, people with Iphones were interupting those who were on their laptops with the wireless.

Also, the shelves in the closet were of the "wire kind" which means your clothes directly on the shelf will have that wire impression on them.

Yes, they have wireless, however, I did hear that it was slow. Additionally, on our cruise on the Liberty, people with Iphones were interupting those who were on their laptops with the wireless.

Also, the shelves in the closet were of the "wire kind" which means your clothes directly on the shelf will have that wire impression on them.

Oh, thanks, that's just the information I was looking for!

Now, if only someone could give me the "full scoop" on the "karaoke bar" I'd be all set!! ;) :) :D

Now, if only someone could give me the "full scoop" on the "karaoke bar" I'd be all set!! ;) :) :D

I agree!! We love Karaoke, too. Looking at some of the Compasses online, it appears that it is pretty much only open late at night. However, on the RCCL website, virtual tour of LOS, it does mention that you can go in there during the day to record karaoke videos of yourself. Couldn't tell if there was an additional charge, my guess is that there would be! Anyone out there have more info???:confused:

Jen

...so we could webcam back with our kids (who we have never left before)....

Just a suggestion. The first time we left our son for a cruise, we called him several times. When we got back, he told us it made him really sad every time we'd call. He only really missed us when he was talking to us. :(

Just a suggestion. The first time we left our son for a cruise, we called him several times. When we got back, he told us it made him really sad every time we'd call. He only really missed us when he was talking to us. :(

Now THIS I totally agree with! When I don't bring DD8, I really really end up missing her much more when I actually spoke to her and vice versa. I usually just keep it to twice the whole vacation (unless of course there's an emergency) just to check in. :)

We just booked LIBERTY again last night for November! CANNOT WAIT!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this ship to pieces!

Now THIS I totally agree with! When I don't bring DD8, I really really end up missing her much more when I actually spoke to her and vice versa. I usually just keep it to twice the whole vacation (unless of course there's an emergency) just to check in. :)

We just booked LIBERTY again last night for November! CANNOT WAIT!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this ship to pieces!

Hey! Good for you! I was hoping that you would book for the same week i'm on. Maybe next time. Glad to hear the good news.

Hey! Good for you! I was hoping that you would book for the same week i'm on. Maybe next time. Glad to hear the good news.

Thanks Debbie! Yeah, I see we'll just be missing each other by a couple of weeks! BUMMER! Oh well, there's always a next time!! :D

Thanks for starting a Liberty thread!! We are going in 3 weeks and can't wait!! As other posts said, I have been reading everything I can to prepare. We have a great group chatting on roll call too! We were on Explorer previously and it's amazing to see the difference between that class and Liberty on the pictures! Wow!!

Anyway, as far as opening up the balconies between the staterooms, yes this can be done. Check out the pictures in the review on the link below. The review is VERY LONG (but worth the time to read) but the pictures of her extended group all out on the balcony together is great. You can clearly see how one of the two balcony panels are removed for everyone to pass through to each others' area. We are traveling as a group of 5 staterooms and one of the first things I want to do is have the balconies opened up so we can hang out there together!

Here is the link: www.jenscruisereviews.com/liberty_review_final1.pdf

Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for that review, it was amazing!!! Extremely informative.

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. My husband WON a cruise through work, we will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on May 31st. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. It is 4 days after my 30th b-day and we will be away for our 1 year anniversary. This is an absolute dream come true.

I'm really enjoying reading all the posts around here and learning all that I can about the ship.

Thank you so much for that review, it was amazing!!! Extremely informative.

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. My husband WON a cruise through work, we will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on May 31st. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. It is 4 days after my 30th b-day and we will be away for our 1 year anniversary. This is an absolute dream come true.

I'm really enjoying reading all the posts around here and learning all that I can about the ship.

Ohhhh man....how awesome to win a free cruise on Liberty!!! You are in for a treat, for sure! :) Liberty is my favorite ship. Have a blast!!!!

Here is my album of pics that I got of Liberty when we were invited on the pre-inaugural. Enjoy:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559311810ZiMwBN