All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I think we are just going to take our luggage too. On Enchantment we asked that we were first off the ship and we were. But I really like the idea of not having to pack the night before and leaving your luggage out.

It does make it alot easier that you don't have to leave the luggage out...

We usually change after dinner the final night into the clothes we will wear off the ship and then put our luggage out...It helps that we have early dining so our bags are out by 9 the latest...On some ships, they want your bags out that early others say by midnight...There usually are extra colored tags at guest relations but sometimes the first colors (normally beige) go very fast!!!Later, Jill:cool:

ok, please help again!

for the life of me, I can not find the times for Portofino or Chops? What time do they begin dinner?

I did find that for the kids' dinner at Johnny Rockett's, you have to have them there by 5:45.

Also, can kids participate in the karaoke, or is that an adult only thing?

thanks!

ok, please help again!

for the life of me, I can not find the times for Portofino or Chops? What time do they begin dinner?

I did find that for the kids' dinner at Johnny Rockett's, you have to have them there by 5:45.

Also, can kids participate in the karaoke, or is that an adult only thing?

thanks!

We dropped our DD off at Adventure Ocean, and were at Portofino by 6:00. I think that was the earliest.

They have what's called "Family Karaoke". My DD and I sang "1999" by Prince. :D So that is when the kids can participate. It's usually in the evening, around 7:30 pm or so.

Hi, guys! My name is Erica, and my boyfriend and I are sailing on the Liberty on May 17th. It's a Western Caribbean cruise, and we're stopping at four ports: Labadee, Haiti; Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico. This will be our second cruise; our first was aboard the Mariner last May, and it was an Eastern Caribbean cruise which stopped at Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. So this cruise will be extra exciting for two reasons: 1) all the ports of call will be new to us, and 2) our ship will be bigger!

I've been so wrapped up in reading about the islands and trying to decide on excursions that I haven't really thought quite as much about the ship itself. I stumbled onto this post earlier this afternoon and have spent the last hour or two reading all 13 pages of comments. Now my stomach is in KNOTS with excitement. 47 days to go!

I saw that someone posted a link to a webshots gallery of menus. (If you missed it, it's here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/560747370uRFoKV) I assume the menu will be identical (or at least similar) for my cruise? Does each ship usually have the same menu regardless of eastern vs. western?

One thing I would love to be able to check out in advance is a similar gallery of screenshots of the Compass itineraries they give you each day. On our first cruise last year, my boyfriend and I were kind of clueless for the first couple of days, and we missed out on some great shows, etc. (I've heard endless good things about the ice show!) Does anyone know where I could find Compass itineraries? Thanks so much!

Also, one last question (for now): Approximately how much would a massage cost me at the spa? Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? I'd love to get a massage (maybe on the last day?), but I want to have an idea ahead of time about how expensive it might be.

Thanks! I look forward to chatting with you guys.

Erica

As far as needing a nightlight......unless the cruiselines realize that we need some type of light at night I just leave the bathroom light on and the door very slightly ajar.
On Mariner there's a TV channel that's just a black background with a BIG white analog clock. It's just right for a nightlight.
Any idea what the lines for the FlowRider are like? How much time do you get on it?
I read something somewhere about lessons. What would it cost to let a couple teens take these lessons? Where/when to sign up?
I just updated our reservation to reflect the 8:30 PM dinner seating. I never really thought about how this effects the shows that we may want to see. Does anyone know what time the shows usually start and are there usually two seatings of the show (one after each dinner seating).
Is Liberty going towards "anytime" dining, or is that just Freedom?

If you self debark, you can leave later if you desire to do so...Later, Jill:cool:

Fancy meeting you here. Hope you are doing well. We're getting ready to leave on the Liberty this Saturday. Have a good time on your future adventures.

Tom & Sue:D

okay i have another questions...

should i book airlines through RCI or separately?

when i asked about shuttle service they said RCI can provide it for $30/pp but they would charge for my 1 year old...i said even if she sits on my lap, the rci agent said yes. *****?

We're sailing on the Liberty the end of May (Western Caribbean) & found the Compass on this site: CruiseDailies.com -- click on the option "New! Complete List". I think it's about a yr. old though, so we could be in for a surprise. Also, if you want to see all the menus for the Liberty, go to Cruise Clues. Hope these sites help you as much as they've helped us.

Have a wonderful time!

xcell, book them yourselves and you will save hundreds unless you are diamond plus then you can get really go deals with them. Look back at our other posts and you will see that the tranfers are kinda a pain and sometimes you can get a taxi for the same price or less. In fact I am sure you could get a car service for less than $90. I am sure if you ask someone on these wonderful boards will have names of car services. We always rent cars as that works well for us.

I have a request. I am always on the Disney boards reading and they have a wonderful thread going called "______ pic of the day." Can we start a LOS Pic of the Day? It would be great to see all the pictures of the ship, ports, food, etc. Each day you can only post up to 3 pics. This would be a great central place for those going on LOS to look at and "dream" of their upcoming vacation, like me :D ! What do you thinik?

I think thats a GREAT idea! I would love to see some pics of LOS!

Take a look at these from a fellow CC'r :) :http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2861117#153539807

or these that were taken on our Liberty Pre-Inaugural 5/14/07 by Emmy of Pink Boa Society Fame...

http://community.webshots.com/album/559180645XeaKLk

We're sailing on the Liberty the end of May (Western Caribbean) & found the Compass on this site: CruiseDailies.com -- click on the option "New! Complete List". I think it's about a yr. old though, so we could be in for a surprise.

Thanks so much for the link to that website! That's exactly what I was looking for. Even if it's slightly different a year later, at least I have a general idea now. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Erica

What time are the shows on the Liberty of the Seas Western caribbean?? for either the early or late seating? and what time is the ice skating show for the early or late seating? just curious, if i decide to eat at either portifinos or Windjammer I want to time it right. Thanks in advance:)

Take a look at these from a fellow CC'r :) :http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2861117#153539807

or these that were taken on our Liberty Pre-Inaugural 5/14/07 by Emmy of Pink Boa Society Fame...

http://community.webshots.com/album/559180645XeaKLk

And here is my album of the Liberty Pre-Inaugural from May 14, 2007 also:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559311810ZiMwBN

Enjoy :)

Awesome picture, Christie! I like the idea of doing a Liberty picture of the day. :)

When do you sign up for seating? I seem to remember last time being able to specify how big of a table we wanted to sit at, but my boyfriend took care of the details. Can you do that when you do your online check-in, or is it some other time?

Thanks,

Erica

Awesome picture, Christie! I like the idea of doing a Liberty picture of the day. :)

When do you sign up for seating? I seem to remember last time being able to specify how big of a table we wanted to sit at, but my boyfriend took care of the details. Can you do that when you do your online check-in, or is it some other time?

Thanks,

Erica

Thanks, Erica!

Generally when you make your reservation, either RCI or your TA (whichever you use) will ask you if you want early or late dining, and big table or small. You can call RCI or your TA if you didn't answer those question, to put in your preference. :)

Generally when you make your reservation, either RCI or your TA (whichever you use) will ask you if you want early or late dining, and big table or small.

I checked my reservation online, and it says "Main Dining Seating". I asked my boyfriend, and he says he did specify that much (obviously), but he was never prompted during the reservation process to specify whether he wanted a large or small table, and I don't see anything about it either way on the reservation. Hmm.

Thanks for the info! I guess maybe we should look into this.

Erica

I checked my reservation online, and it says "Main Dining Seating". I asked my boyfriend, and he says he did specify that much (obviously), but he was never prompted during the reservation process to specify whether he wanted a large or small table, and I don't see anything about it either way on the reservation. Hmm.

Thanks for the info! I guess maybe we should look into this.

Erica

I never saw the large/small table option on the online reservation either. I was just asked by my TA a couple of times. :)