All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Just returned... thanks for all the earlier posts!

I'd definitely say:

1. book private lessons for flowrider for 1st or 2nd night AND last night. We booked early arrival day for 2nd night out. Checked later in week and nights were available... but we sat on the fence too long. It did completely book up... and on the last night... I think it would have been a fabulous way to end the cruise! We missed out... but maybe you can enjoy it then!

2. If you want to try Chops, book 1st thing on board... or earlier if you have that priviledge. We didn't until first night... already booked for the week. Got a waitlist and it cleared. So waitlist if you need to... you never know! The best night for us to have missed the dining room was on Tuesday night. (also the most popular night at chops!)

3. only felt the crowd... in San Juan departure. Seemed everyone was trying to leave from the forward gangway... the aft gangway was uncongested.

4. go to Labadee early to miss the mid-morning tender rush... and to get beach front chairs! Take cash for the market!!!

GREAT ship!!! Loved the E. Caribbean itinerary!

Have you been to Labadee before? We've only been once but we love it there. So looking forward to getting back.

Nope this is my first cruise, but the pictures of the ship in Labadee are so beautiful. I can only imagine what it will look like with my own eyes! Can't wait!:)

Anymore pics? How about the cabins or pool area? Any pictures of LOS are perfect.

Jen, thanks for sharing the GORGEOUS panoramic shot of the Liberty at Labadee. I'm going in six weeks (!), and although it'll be my second cruise, it'll be my first on the Liberty and my first time at Labadee. I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

Erica

Jen, thanks for sharing the GORGEOUS panoramic shot of the Liberty at Labadee. I'm going in six weeks (!), and although it'll be my second cruise, it'll be my first on the Liberty and my first time at Labadee. I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

Erica

This is also my 2nd cruise, but first on Liberty and to all the islands on the itinerary. We have just under 8 weeks to go and I'm worthless, lol. I'm addicted to the boards, reading and re-reading everything to make sure I don't miss an opportunity for something fun while we are away.

My husband will see me on the laptop and just laugh and say... "what are ya doing?" He knows I'm on CC reading more stuff! lol

Erica, you're going to have a great time. What activities have you planned for your itinerary?

My boyfriend and I actually just booked our excursions yesterday! Here's what we're doing:

Labadee - Nothing. We're going to be beach bums, lol. Maybe do the water park thing if it looks fun. (You can book that once you're already on the island, yes? Or so I've read...)

Montego Bay, Jamaica - Chukka Ocean Safari

George Town, Grand Cayman - Grand Cayman Snorkeling (over a coral reef and then a shipwreck!)

Cozumel, Mexico - Tulum Mayan Ruins & Beach Break

All of these ports will be new to us (we did an Eastern Caribbean cruise last year), so I'm really excited. Only six more weeks!

Erica

All of those sound perfect !!!

You can also go to your local Walgreens/Walmart/Target type store and get the inflatable rafts (leave them uninflated at first, just pack them like they come from the store). Then when you get to your labadee beach you can inflate the raft. And it costs a fraction of what normal rafts cost to rent there :)

Yippee!! :D :D

I'd just like everyone to know that my final payment has been made so now I only have

80 more days to wait to cruise on the Liberty and experience first-hand all the great amenities and activities the ship has to offer.

Katink

I sure wish someone would have told me on my first trip to Labadee (sept 2001 on the explorer)

Yes, thanks from me also. My boyfriend and I have water shoes at the top of our to-buy list now! We probably wouldn't have even considered it otherwise.

Thanks again!

Erica

If you don't get the water shoes, thongs work well too. But if you're going in the water, there are sharp rocks at the bottom of the water too. So even going in to wade around, you'll need to protect your feet .... or get really good at saying bad words under your breath!