All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Thats so cool! Hopefully someday we'll get chosen!

Another question, can I bring soda onboard? I hate to waste $60 on soda when i can grab a case of diet coke for $5 before we get onboard!!

I've never done it personally, but I heard more than a few times that if it's soda or water you're bringing onboard, they don't really bug you. :)

Born and raised in Wis Rapids. Left in 1981 to move where it was warm, but the bulk of my family still lives up there. Die Hard Packer fan and always will be. Was so glad I got a chance to go to Lambeau again this year for a game. Got to see Brett play one more time and we won, so even better. Going to miss that boy dreadfully! But I sure don't miss the cold - give me sun, heat and sand any day of the week - lol.

What game did you go to? We went to the Packer/Raider game the weekend after we returned from our honeymoon cruise. (my husband is a Raider fan)

I'll miss Brett too. I'm not really liking our options for quarterback right now.

Here is a picture from the game!

packergame.jpg

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled Liberty talk!

Oh, here is my picture contribution for the day. This is just one I found online since I haven't been on the ship yet. This looks very relaxing to me.

libertyswings.jpg

jillybabes, aka craftypainter is on our cruise next wk. She says she met you at Troyer's while they were in Fla. I am pretty sure WE haven't sailed together but we must live pretty close since we are NOT far from Troyer's! Really enjoyed the pics you posted. Deb

We originally met Craftypainter and her DH on the Enchantment Jan 07 and we did meet at Troyers when then rented a house in Ft. Myers a couple of months ago...They are fun people and you will love "Minnie & Mickey" ... My DH and I also stopped at Troyers for breakfast last month on our way to Ft. Lauderdale and Emerald Princess...We live in Indian Shores on the west coast and probably are about an hour north of you...Maybe we will sail together in the future...

Ok ... so how does everyone get to go on pre-inaugurals?

As Christie said, we also were two of the lucky 38 that were chosen from Cruise Critic to go on the Pre-Inaugural...Everything was complimentary, even our parking in Miami! Later, Jill:cool:

Here's a link to a very detailed (and wonderful) Liberty cruise review. Jen not only gives a rundown of the menus, she shows pictures of most of the dishes. I don't think they vary the menus by itinerary.

http://www.jenscruisereviews.com/Liberty_Review_final1.pdf

Thank you so much for the review kudos :)

Just make sure if you're going to read the review, you don't start reading it hungry. The pictures of the food are just toooooooooo good!

Jen - You do realize that you have a major parental obligation now, don't you? The most important thing you can teach your child is...the love of cruising. I trust you are ready to accept this responsibility. :D

Congrats!! :)

Jen - You do realize that you have a major parental obligation now, don't you? The most important thing you can teach your child is...the love of cruising. I trust you are ready to accept this responsibility. :D

Congrats!! :)

Oh absolutely !!!

And as job #1 as a parent, I WILL NOT let my child run amok onboard a cruise ship and disturb others. ;) I'll teach him that the boogyman lives in the elevators, and so he won't dare play in one :)

And as job #1 as a parent, I WILL NOT let my child run amok onboard a cruise ship and disturb others. ;)

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

It's funny, this past cruise on Explorer was my DD8's first cruise ever. Across from us was a table where the idiot parents were letting their kids run ALL over. They totally got in the way of the waiters, and I told DD to look at the waiter's faces when the kids got in their way. I said to her "Would you like someone to make those faces because of YOU?" And she said no. And I told her that's why I never let her do things like that. Plus if she ever tripped a waiter, there would be major injuries like broken bones & broken glass. So then she said "So why don't those parents do anything about it?" And I was like...:confused: GOOD QUESTION!!!!

"Would you like someone to make those faces because of YOU?" And she said no. And I told her that's why I never let her do things like that.

Funny, because the first cruise we took DS on was in 2006. He was a bit older (12) than your DD, but understood very quckly about approved cruise behavior. Im a conservative mom, strict when needed. And his behavior was excellent on the cruise. Even he noticed other children his age, older and young, and was appauled at their behavior. I think that its the parents fault, and im sure the unacceptable behavior spans to their homes as well.

Funny, because the first cruise we took DS on was in 2006. He was a bit older (12) than your DD, but understood very quckly about approved cruise behavior. Im a conservative mom, strict when needed. And his behavior was excellent on the cruise. Even he noticed other children his age, older and young, and was appauled at their behavior. I think that its the parents fault, and im sure the unacceptable behavior spans to their homes as well.

No doubt about that! :)

OMG you guys, on our last cruise we had the unruly kids at the next table trip the waitstaff on many occasions, they'd run around the dining room. They stole the bread off of our dinner plates, and even one of our dinner table guests's cane off of her chair !!! :eek:

We need a spanking smiley ... for the parents !!! Bad parents !!!