All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We were on the Liberty in February.

Yes there is an 80's dance party in studio B. Lot's of fun.

Regarding AO in Labadee: we checked in our daughter on the beach. They have you sign them out around lunchtime and then sign them back in after lunch. She loved it and we got some relaxing beach time.

If anyone likes or even thinks about trying yoga, they had a class on the beach in Labadee. It was too perfect!

I hear there is a beach right in Phillipsburg, near the ship dock and in town.

How is this beach? Are there shops, restaurants, and BARS nearby?

Is it walking distance from the pier?

Thanks!

Yes, the Phillipsburg beach is there and is quite nice. Right behind you as you sit on the beach are some shops, and if you walk one block inland, there are many, many shops. And bars and restaurants.

You could walk there if you wanted from the ship; we walked back to the ship from shopping downtown. 15 minutes maybe. We needed it though! There are many other beaches on St. Maarten/Martin too but you'd need to take a taxi to them. LOL

We were on the Liberty in February.

Yes there is an 80's dance party in studio B. Lot's of fun.

WOO HOO! They had this on the Liberty Pre-Inaugural and it was a TOTAL blast!! I was hoping they were going to keep it for regular sailings! YAY :)

Hey Dawn, whats the water taxi in FLL? We've been there twice now and havent done this. Would love to know more about it.

The water taxi works just like a regular taxi except it goes along the water. We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and they had a stop right on the corner of the property. I can't remember right now the price, but I don't think it was very expensive. It makes different stops along the water and you can get off at any of the stops. We took the taxi to Las Olas boulevard and walked around looking at the great stores, had a nice dinner, and then took the trolley back. The trolley was only 50 cents if I remember correctly.

Here is a link for the water taxi.

http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

The water taxi looks neat. We'll have to try it when we go down.

Has anyone else heard (or read like I did) the rumors that RCCL was changing their C and A status levels? I just hit platinum and am barreling to diamod, but hope they dont change it before I reach it!

Hi Everyone!

Many questions! Can't seem to find much info on Western itinerary! :(

Flowrider open right when you board? Can you sign waiver at flowrider or do you have to go somewhere else first?

On Western itinerary, are there nights when AO will feed your kids' dinner? If so, which night(s) so I can book Chops or Portofino?

What's the difference between Jade and Windjammer? Different food choices?

Can a family of 4 get their own table or are they all BIG tables in the early/late dining?

If anyone can direct me to RECENT compasses or adventure ocean schedules, for the western, I would be SOOOO appreciative!

We leave on Friday! woohoo!

Do they have doors or the "clinging" curtains on the Liberty. We were on the Radiance and they had doors. They are preferable over the curtains. Not only do you seem to have more room, but the doors don't "get personal" while you're trying to shower.

I am very allergic too. Places to avoid:

Thanks, Christie. That really does help.

We arent smokers either and cant stand the smell. :(

Is there more smoking allowed on this ship as compared to others?

The Voyager was pretty smoky at times. On the Disney ships, there is very little smokiness. That's why the RCI ship was such a shock to me. lol!

Do they have doors or the "clinging" curtains on the Liberty. We were on the Radiance and they had doors. They are preferable over the curtains. Not only do you seem to have more room, but the doors don't "get personal" while you're trying to shower.

I'm guessing the different categories of rooms have different shower options. Our room on the Radiance had the "very friendly" shower curtain. I'm hoping for a door on Liberty!

Hi Everyone!

Many questions! Can't seem to find much info on Western itinerary! :(

Flowrider open right when you board? Can you sign waiver at flowrider or do you have to go somewhere else first?

On Western itinerary, are there nights when AO will feed your kids' dinner? If so, which night(s) so I can book Chops or Portofino?

What's the difference between Jade and Windjammer? Different food choices?

Can a family of 4 get their own table or are they all BIG tables in the early/late dining?

If anyone can direct me to RECENT compasses or adventure ocean schedules, for the western, I would be SOOOO appreciative!

We leave on Friday! woohoo!

FlowRider was always open the day we boarded. Not sure exactly what time it opened, but it was during that afternoon. You sign a waiver at a desk right near FlowRider, so yes it is right in that area.

You can request a table for 4 either through RCI or your TA, whoever you booked through. No guarantees, but if there's one available at least you'll have a shot at it. You can even go to the DR right after you board, see what you have, and then make a request to change if need be. :)

Jade is a section IN the Windjammer area. It specializes in Asian food.

Can't help you with AO on the Liberty, as we only brought our daughter with us on Explorer so far. Have a great cruise!!!!!

All showers on Liberty have doors. (thank goodness, lol)

We just enjoyed a wonderful week on Liberty. Here's a few of our favorites from the cruise:

• Fresh water in the pools and there are so many options for water fun. If you have little ones, the H20 zone is wonderful. The Solarium pool and cantilevered hot tubs are great for the adults.
  • The shows were excellent, especially the Ice Show and a show called Flying with the RCCL singers and dancers.
  • Our teenager had fun on the Flow Rider. It has limited hours that it is open, though. They are listed on the cruise compass.
  • We used the luggage valet program for our trip home and spent the day in Ft. Lauderdale. We took a cab to the Water Taxi (about $12 if you go to Pier 66). The all day pass is $13 per person. They do a great job of entertaining you and sharing tid bits about the multi million dollar homes that you pass. It was a fun day and a good way to kill time while waiting for a late flight.
  • The staff, as usual, gave excellent service and always with a smile and a kind word.

We just enjoyed a wonderful week on Liberty. Here's a few of our favorites from the cruise:

• Fresh water in the pools and there are so many options for water fun. If you have little ones, the H20 zone is wonderful. The Solarium pool and cantilevered hot tubs are great for the adults.
  • The shows were excellent, especially the Ice Show and a show called Flying with the RCCL singers and dancers.
  • Our teenager had fun on the Flow Rider. It has limited hours that it is open, though. They are listed on the cruise compass.
  • We used the luggage valet program for our trip home and spent the day in Ft. Lauderdale. We took a cab to the Water Taxi (about $12 if you go to Pier 66). The all day pass is $13 per person. They do a great job of entertaining you and sharing tid bits about the multi million dollar homes that you pass. It was a fun day and a good way to kill time while waiting for a late flight.
  • The staff, as usual, gave excellent service and always with a smile and a kind word.

Thanks for the mini-review! Glad you had a great time! 8 more months....8 more months..... :D

Thanks for the info. I hear a lot of compliments about the ice show. Can someone tell me what they like so much about it? Tastes differ, and I have always agreed with Woody Allen when he said "Is reincarnation real? And if it is, will I have to sit through the Ice Capades again?" :D

We're on the 4/19 and I am guessing my kids will love it, so we'll be there regardless.

Does anyone know the answers to either of these questions?

Brand of yogurt onboard the Liberty? Do they have the Nonfat version as well or just the regular?

What are the current movies you can watch either in your stateroom or in the theater?

thanks!

will I have to sit through the Ice Capades again?"
Ha ha. :D

It's been years since I've seen an Ice Capades show but the show on Liberty has a combination of very creative costumes, beautiful choreography and a pretty amazing juggling act thrown in for good measure. It only lasts an hour, so even if you don't like ice skating, I think you may be able to tolerate it.;)

We've not been on Liberty but have sailed outta MIA many times. The yogurt is a local brand and very good. And there is a non-fat version available. There is also skim milk and fat free cream cheese. And, at times, low fat dressings available.

Movies, they show what has recently been released on DVD.

Enjoy your Liberty cruise!!!

Rick and Deirdra

We're doing the East Carib sailing on Liberty later this month- Miami- PR- St Martin- Labadee- Miami (and a couple of days at Sea). In order to determine what nights I want to do the specialty restaurants, I need to know what the menus are in the main dining room for each of the nights for our sailing.

Is there a site on the net that lists the menus for my itinerary?

DH and I love and enjoy all kinds of music, but one thing we have noticed is the surprising lack of any live country music on any cruise we have been on yet! Has anyone else noticed this?!

BUT, with more lounges on Liberty, we are hoping that perhaps we may find some country music *somewhere*!

Does anybody know?

THANK YOU!

Thinking of taking the family (me, wife and 2 kids - 4 and 1) on the Liberty in August (before it gets sold out - only 6 more balcony rooms left).

ANy ways, I was wondering if someone could chime in on some questions...

1. Is this a good ship for small children?? If not, is there a better one.

2. If I want the grandparents along, would it be less expensive to get a bigger room that can fit six than to book two separate rooms? Actually is this even possible.

3. Are the ports of call for Eastern Caribbean good for young children?

I'm still debating on booking this ....or disney. only advantage so far is that I'd be waiting till next year for Disney.

Thanks!!!

Yes! The Liberty is wonderful for kids. There is an H20 Zone that the kids will want to be in all day (if they aren't in Adventure Ocean!) My grandkids range from 10 to 5 and loved it. (They also loved the Navigator when they were from ages 8-3).

We are the grandparents and we had our own room. :) Much easier and nicer to have your own room. Plus you all have your own privacy. If you need a babysitter, the grandparents can go to your room or the kids to the grandparent's room. They do have connecting rooms, but there may be none left at this late date. They seem to go early. You could have rooms close by if none are left. Rooms that hold 6 are probably long gone.

There are some very nice beaches on St. Maarten and some nice tours you could go on. On Labadee the kids will have a ball. There is an area for little ones to play and there is a water area they all enjoy. The kids loved Labadee!

Definitely do 2 rooms--too much togetherness can ruin a vacation! And, it's usually much cheaper!

Any of the Voyager class or Freedom class ships will be fine--but the 1 year old is probably not going to be able to participate in the kids programs. Kids must be fully "potty-trained"