All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Heres the next question, do we stay the evening before? Or just travel down that day of the cruise?

I'd say it depends on where you live - we are from Washington state, so we are definitely flying in the day before. The last thing we need is some sort of unanticipated flight delay on the day of our dream cruise!! Especially with 12 of us traveling together.

East Coast may be an entirely different story.....

Hope that helps.:)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the great tips. We are heading out on the Liberty next January and are very excited. We are dfoing a back to back so hope to see everything the liberty has to offer.

Anyone been on the Liberty recently who could share the Dinner menus? We love to sit around and decide what to eat prior to the sailing, it's all part of the anticipation of going.:D

Anyone been on the Liberty recently who could share the Dinner menus? We love to sit around and decide what to eat prior to the sailing, it's all part of the anticipation of going.:D

We don't sail until June, but someone had posted this link for the menus.

Hi, Do you have any kids in your group???

My son is 12 years old.

Hi! We've got my daughter (9) my sons (15 and 18), and my neice (20) and nephews (17 and 22). Your son's right there in the middle! There should be tons of kids his age, I'd imagine. I've read somewhere that it's good to encourage the kids to go to the first night activities in the youth programs, so they get a chance to meet each other right away.

I'm on the roll call - I think I saw you there, too!!

Absolutely cannot wait!

Hi! We've got my daughter (9) my sons (15 and 18), and my neice (20) and nephews (17 and 22). Your son's right there in the middle! There should be tons of kids his age, I'd imagine. I've read somewhere that it's good to encourage the kids to go to the first night activities in the youth programs, so they get a chance to meet each other right away.

I'm on the roll call - I think I saw you there, too!!

Absolutely cannot wait!

Oh ok Yes I'm sure he will find some friends. I hope so I want my "me time" during the day at the pool area. :eek: ;)

Yes I'm on the roll call also!

OMG I can't wait!!! :D :D

Hi FOlks,

We just returned Saturday from the Liberty Eastern Itinerary, If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them. We stayed in a Prominade stateroom on deck 8.

Ask away!!

AWESOME!! I am sailing her this weekend on the same itinerary. We have two adjoining cabins on deck 8 and a promenade cabin as well. We are SO excited about this cruise. We haven't been on a cruise in 2-1/2 years and are really looking forward to relaxing and having a great time.

Anyway, as far as opening up the balconies between the staterooms, yes this can be done. Check out the pictures in the review on the link below. The review is VERY LONG (but worth the time to read) but the pictures of her extended group all out on the balcony together is great. You can clearly see how one of the two balcony panels are removed for everyone to pass through to each others' area. We are traveling as a group of 5 staterooms and one of the first things I want to do is have the balconies opened up so we can hang out there together!

Here is the link: www.jenscruisereviews.com/liberty_review_final1.pdf

Enjoy!!

I agree...Jen wrote an awesome review and VERY detailed! A must-read for any Liberty fan! :D

Awww thank you girlsrulekrj and Christie ... :D

It was a pleasure to write ... ;)

Thanks for all the work on that review. It was so good, I almost got caught reading it at work! :eek:

we're on the Liberty on May 10! Both of us are pretty psyched. It was a gift from our church.

LOL, just don't read it when you're hungry !!! :)

Cruise doggy - do you remember which nights were formal on the eastern? Also, should you try to reserve the flowrider thing right away?

According to the compasses on cruisedailies.com, the formal nights are the first and second sea days.

First of all, that's the most complete, most professional looking review I've ever seen! Great job! My question is the game mentioned "Liberty Code". Anyone have nay details? I started a couple of threads asking for answers about "The Code"; no replies yet.

Thank you for the kind review praise :)

From what the crew onboard described to me, it was a game they were trying out and if they didn't have very many takers, then they were not going to continue it.

They also don't promote it very much. I heard of it from Pat, who was in our group, but Id not seen any literature or heard announcements for the game :)

I sailed with Jen ~ she writes extremely detailed reviews and she is soo sweet!! I didn't go to the code lunch with them but if memory serves me it was a "clue" game about the ship - people work in teams to crack the "code" and then a special lunch in Portofino (?)

Hi Marcia, you lucky cruise winner you ... !! :)

Yes, the liberty code is just that. You meet in a lounge, get into groups, get a brief case, and then have to answer riddles just to get the brief case open. Then inside the brief case are more riddles, puzzles and clues to help you find the theif and what he's after :)

Its sort of like the amazing race, the da vinci code, and clue all put together.

Awww thank you girlsrulekrj and Christie ... :D

It was a pleasure to write ... ;)

You're welcome! I totally enjoyed your review (I'm a total OCD researcher/planner) and I shared it with my entire extended family traveling with us. We even booked the Hyatt where you stayed. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it!

Thank you for posting info about the Code Game - I tried for a week and a half to get info on it, and these are the first answers I've gotten! Very helpful, thanks again. RCCL doesn't seem to do a very good job of promoting any games except Bingo. Last year on Sovereign OTS they had a Texas Hold 'Em Tournament advertised, but they never really promoted it and it didn't come off. It seemed to be a rip off anyways - RCCL was keeping about 25% of the pot right off the top.

Hello all,

Did anyone else notice the RCL website is showing a different Eastern Caribbean itineary starting in September? (Same ports, just different days) Any idea why they would change this??? I really like the normal Eastern itineary which seems to alternate sea days and port days. The new one is more like Freedom (2 sea days and then 3 port days). The only good thing about the change is now San Juan PR is from 7am - 2pm.

Thanks for pointing out this change-- I'm pretty sure the "old" itinerary was there when I checked the last time (which was months ago, when we booked). I'm glad San Juan is daytime instead of evening now, when everything is closed... but I do wish we'd stay throughout the afternoon as well. Not much time there for any excursions!

Hi FOlks,

We just returned Saturday from the Liberty Eastern Itinerary, If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them. We stayed in a Prominade stateroom on deck 8.

Ask away!!

How were the cabins? Which ones were you in. We have 3 on deck 8 in August.

We are sailing her in November, and I couldnt find a thread for "All Things" so I figured I'd start one!

Everyone who loves her, has been on her, is going on her, I (and everyone else who hasnt sailed her yet) would love advice!

Whats a must do? What can we skip? Where are the best places to eat, get a drink, meet other cruise addicts? How is the food? Entertainment? Ship itself?

We are bring our DS (then 15), will there be other teens onboard?

What is your favorite place on the ship for a sunset? A sunrise?

We have a D1 for the 3 of us, think it will be enough room?

Whats the english pub like?

We were on Adventure before, is the layout very similar?

I think that will get us started ... (can you tell Im SOOOOO excited!!!)

You will LOVE her. Just don't leave everything you've not done to do the day before the vacation ends. You'll end up sore and tired upon disembarking.