Where to park?

royalwedding

We are leaving from Miami on the Liberty of the seas in May. I was just how much it was to park your car down there for a week and where you park it? I called Royal Caribbean and they said they didnt know where the parking was but it was going to be from $12-$15 a day. I was just looking for something a little more clear than that if anyone knows?

Strange that when you called Royal Caribbean, it didn't occur to them to just LOOK OUT THEIR WINDOW. LOL

There is a parking garage directly across from the cruise terminal at the Port of Miami, which is also next to Royal Caribbean's HOME OFFICE. RCI also underestimated the price as it costs $20 per day to park.

On the brighter side, I believe they do take credit cards when you exit !!!:D

Have a good time on Liberty. We sailed on her in October, and had a blast.

We are leaving from Miami on the Liberty of the seas in May. I was just how much it was to park your car down there for a week and where you park it? I called Royal Caribbean and they said they didnt know where the parking was but it was going to be from $12-$15 a day. I was just looking for something a little more clear than that if anyone knows?

$12-15 a day? Ouch, misinformation? I heard it was roughly $20 a day. You park down by the pier where your ship is. Some only take cash, some take credit cards so be prepared for either.

The search function is currently down otherwise I would post in links to other threads on this. I too was wondering. You can park at the airport and get shuttled over there for less too.

Sorry I can't help out more. Perhaps someone has a website or the other thread link saved.

It is $20 a day, there is a parking area at miami airport for the port and they will shuttle you. It runs 70 for the week. On the down side it can take a long time to get back to your car after the cruise. Therefore it is much easier to pay the 140 for the week. Yes they do accept credit cards at the port of miami.

The parking off site is united airport parking. You can look them up on computer. It is 76 for the week. About 6 miles from port. Like I said I am going to park at the port in April for my FOS cruise. It makes it much easier just pricey. I have heard to many complants about the shuttle wait at the end of the cruise. So I chose not to park at united.

I heard the $12-$15 per day charge was from last season. According to the port of Miami website, the charge is $20 per day now. :mad:

http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/directions_parking.asp

I am sailing out of Miami in May too and plan on driving and paying whatever insane charges to park.

A little piece of me feels like it is dying inside thinking about $140 just to park a fricking car!

That is alot, but look at it this way, a lot less that if we had to fly and then take a cab/shuttle. At least we can drive. We will pay the $140, then drive to the airport and pay for another week while we fly to Punta Cana. Hopefully, we can find a good off-site parking place by the airport like what we use in orlando when we fly somewhere.

Typically, how long does it take to drive from the port to the airport? We have a pretty good window, as we will be first off the ship with priority debarkation, but just wondering how far the airport is from the ship so I can estimate how long it will take us to get over there.

The parking garage is right across from the cruise terminal...a short walk (basically just cross a 2 lane road and you are there). If you have lots of stuff, you can drop it off at the curb, then pull around into the garage.

Strange that when you called Royal Caribbean, it didn't occur to them to just LOOK OUT THEIR WINDOW. LOL

There is a parking garage directly across from the cruise terminal at the Port of Miami, which is also next to Royal Caribbean's HOME OFFICE. RCI also underestimated the price as it costs $20 per day to park.

On the brighter side, I believe they do take credit cards when you exit !!!:D

Have a good time on Liberty. We sailed on her in October, and had a blast.

I read on this board that the parking price was going up to $25 per day. That is a travesty.

Archived